IGNOU M.Phil Admission 2024: Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) is a 1-year postgraduate program. In this course, the students gain knowledge about how to conduct quality-based research in the real world. With the aim of imparting high-quality education in the research field, IGNOU offers 10 M.Phil programs including economics, geography, commerce, political science, sociology, chemistry, and many more.
Indira Gandhi National Open University will open the admission portal for all the UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate level programs. Candidates can apply before the last date 31 January 2024 by visiting the official portal of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. The MPhil program at IGNOU is not on offer for this session.
- IGNOU released the Hall Ticket for the December Term-end examination, students can download the admit card by visit the official portal @ignou.ac.in.
- IGNOU has released the date sheet for the December Term End Examination 2023.
- IGNOU has extended the exam form last date to 25 November 2023 with a late fee of INR 1100 for December Term End Examination 2023.
Apart from passing the master’s degree with 55% marks, it is mandatory for all aspiring candidates to appear and perform in the university entrance examination. The one-time fee that needed to be paid at the time of admission is INR 12,600.
It would be beneficial for applicants to read the following article if they are considering applying for admission to the IGNOU M.Phil program. Below, candidates will find a detailed description of the course, eligibility criteria, fee structure, and syllabus in the following sections of this article.
IGNOU M.Phil Admission Highlights:
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Maximum Duration||Two years|
|Course Fee||INR 12,600|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Masters’s degree in relevant subject|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU M.Phil Admission 2024
IGNOU allows students to complete their M.Phil degrees with ease. IGNOU will commence admission for all UG, PG, diploma, and certificate programs. Students can apply by the last date is 31 January 2024. IGNOU will commence the Re-Registration procedure. Students can apply by 31 January 2024, the university provides quality education to students and has gained popularity in the past few years.
The registration portal will be open soon for the January academic session. A minimum of one year is required to complete an MPhil degree. Apart from online mode, the university also accepts applications form offline mode. There was a merit-based admission process for this MPhil program. For admission to the Indira Gandhi National Open University, a candidate must perform well in the entrance examination and interview.
The application fee for the Master of Philosophy degree program is INR 1000. The applicant may proceed with suitable payment options to deposit the IGNOU MPhil fee such as a credit card, debit card, UPI, demand draft, etc.
IGNOU M.Phil Eligibility Criteria
- Students who want to take admissions at IGNOU to pursue MPhil programs need to first check the eligibility criteria set up by the university.
- To get admission into IGNOU MPhil degree, students have to complete a master’s degree from a discipline university.
- Also, students should obtain at least 55% marks in their final year of the Masters program.
- For admissions, students need to clear the entrance examinations which are conducted by the ICAR, CSIR , and UGC for the admissions.
- After the entrance clearance, students will be called for the interview round and after the selection, students can enroll in the admissions and can start their academic study at IGNOU University.
IGNOU M.Phil Fee Structure:
Candidates must submit INR 12,600 as IGNOU MPhil fee. Registration fee at the time of Admission for this course. The students can easily pay the fee online. The university is also offering the installment facility to students and the fee can be paid in installments.
IGNOU M.Phil Application Form 2024
Through the online mode, an applicant can submit their application form for IGNOU MPhil Admission. The application form should be filled out with the correct information. For filling out the application form fee is INR 300. The university also accepts applications for the M.Phil program in offline mode. The candidate must follow the below-mentioned steps to submit the application form successfully.
IGNOU M.Phil Admission Process 2024
- Step 1: First of all, open the website and get the application form.
- Step 2: To get the admission form, the candidate must click on the “Admission link.”
- Step 3: After this, enter the active email ID along with the password of your choice. After registration, log in to the page. The application can log in to the page by using the registered credentials.
- Step 4: Once you log in to the page, click on the ‘Apply Now’ option and follow the steps one by one.
- Step 5: After this, upload all the required documents one by one.
- Step 6: After a candidate enters all the information, they must pay the application fee, INR 1000. One can easily submit the payment online. After you fill out the form, click on the submit option to submit the form successfully.
IGNOU M.Phil Selection Criteria
The applicant must fulfill the basic criteria to submit the application form successfully for the M.Phil program at IGNOU. The M.Phil program is a full-time course. The selection criteria entail the below-mentioned points:
- The selection of the candidate depends upon the entrance exam and interview. The test contains 70% weightage, whereas the interview includes the rest of 30%.
- Only the applicants who score 50 percent marks in the entry test will then notified about the interview.
- The interview focuses on three key elements. These are research aptitude, communication skills, and subject knowledge.
IGNOU M.Phil Syllabus and Subjects:
The IGNOU MPhil study material is available for students on the website, where they can easily download the MPhil course content. It’s important to note that during the initial six months of the program, students are required to be present physically for classes. Furthermore, to be eligible for the final exams, students must maintain a minimum attendance rate of 80 percent.
IGNOU M.Phil Assignment
IGNOU assignment submission for the December Term-end examination 2023 has started for all programs (except MPhil) last date for assignment submission is 30 November 2023. In order to submit their assignments, students pursuing the M.Phil program at IGNOU must visit the institution’s website or visit the institution’s study center. If students could not submit their assignment as per the IGNOU guidelines, students could not appear in the December TEE 2023.
Why Choose IGNOU M.Phil Admission?
Some major advantages of selecting IGNOU for M.Phil Admission are listed below:
- The workload is easy to handle.
- The students can easily manage everything online.
- The university contains a top-notch intended prospectus.
- It is inexpensive. It enables students to manage multiple things at one time.
- The university is accepted worldwide, which means IGNOU graduates can work in all private and government firms.
Ques: Is IGNOU M. Phil Degree Valid?
Ans: Yes, all the IGNOU degrees are completely valid, and the candidates can apply for every kind of job, i.e., government or private.
Ques: What is the procedure for applying to an M.Phil Course at IGNOU?
Ans: Candidates can submit the form using offline and online ways.
Ques: How much does the M.Phil Course cost?
Ans: Students have to pay a fee of INR 12,600 for an M.Phil degree.