IGNOU Online DTS Admission: The Indira Gandhi National Open University extended its branches as per the new update from the official website. IGNOU, which offers over 200 programs consisting of undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, doctoral and post-diploma courses, recently planned to provide a new learning model to the students. DTS Online Programme (Diploma in Tourism Studies) is a newly manufactured course from the University to offer students, regular online classes.
IGNOU has started with the Online program of Diploma in Tourism Studies. Studying tourism online will help students have very good learning by pursuing study from anywhere in the country. The admissions for these online classes will be started soon, and the last date of admission in IGNOU Online DTS is expected to be 10 July 2022.
- IGNOU Registration will now be open until 31 March 2022 for the January 2022 admission cycle.
- IGNOU has extended the date for January 2022 Re-registration until March 31.
- IGNOU offers a wide range of distance learning and online courses. Click here for the full list.
- IGNOU has extended the deadline for June TEE 2022 & December 2021 TEE assignments Submission date, so students can submit their assignments until 15th May 2022 & 30Th April respectively.
- 11 June 2022 is expected to be the release date for the application form for July 2022 admission (tentative).
- IGNOU Online DTS admission for January 2022 Session has been started, and students can apply till 25 March 2022 (Source)
- IGNOU July session assignment and project report submission date extended to 15 May 2022. CLICK HERE
IGNOU Online DTS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online DTS Programme|
|Minimum Duration||1 Year|
|Maximum Duration||3 Years|
|Course Fee||4500 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU DTS Online Admission: An Overview
In the modern era, we see traveling has become more frequent, Sports, business, education, and political movements are the reason for the boom in the tourism sector.
The DTS Online Programme relates to the tourism industry where learners get to know about insights of tourism industries from basic to the advanced level. This valuable knowledge will help the learner in making a career in the tourism industry. It will be a perfect choice for the candidate who currently works in the tourism sector.
The DTS Online Programme consists of 36 credits, and the Programme is divided into the following parts:
- TS-01 Foundation Course in Tourism,
- TS-02 Tourism Development: Products, Operations and Case Studies
- TS-03 Management in Tourism
Elective: Choose any one of the following
- TS-04 Indian Culture: Perspective for Tourism
- PTS-04 Project on Indian Culture: Perspective for Tourism Or
- TS-05 Ecology, environment and tourism
- PTS-05 Project on ecology, environment, and tourism Or
- TS-06 Tourism Marketing
- PTS-06 Projects on Tourism Marketing
The learner of this diploma course will not need to go for anything to the regional and study centers. From admission to the submission of the term-end assignments, candidates have to follow the online method. The study materials for this diploma will be available over the EGYANKOSH application and the web portal. Candidates can stream and download the lecture videos at any time.
IGNOU Online DTS Admission
The Programme is available in both January and July sessions. Candidates are advised to choose the session according to their comfort. IGNOU Online DTS program Admissions are going on for the year 2022 academic sessions, and students are required to check the admission intake criteria for the admissions.
IGNOU Online DTS Admission Process: How To Apply?
The admission process for the IGNOU DTS Online will be mentioned in the next segment.
- There is an admission portal that is available for registration- https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in/.
- Here, students must fill in the general personal details because students will get new login and password for the admissions form.
- After completing the registration process, students are required to complete their admission form.
- This admission form has Personal Information, Educational details, which students need to fill in with accuracy.
- After filling up, this section, students need to upload the scanned documents.
- The information and documents should be properly filled, and students need to recheck the details.
- After clearing all these, students need to pay the fees through the available mode – NetBanking/ OnlinePayment/card payment.
- Save all the details for future reference.
Eligibility & Medium: DTS Online Programme of IGNOU
- The candidates have to be a pass out of 10+2 or equivalent or bpp from IGNOU.
- Age no bar
- The medium of this Programme will be English
- Minimum period: 01 Year
- Maximum period: 03 Years
IGNOU Online DTS Programme Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 4,500/- for the full Programme (exclusive of examination fee)
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 8,000/- for the complete Programme (exclusive of the examination fee)
- FOR NON-SAARC students USD ($) 300.00/- for Full Programme(exclusive of examination fee)
IGNOU Online DTS Programme Syllabus:
|Foundation Course in Tourism||(TS-1)||8|
|Tourism Development: Products, Operations and Case Studies||(TS-2)||8|
|Management in Tourism||(TS-3)||8|
|Project on Tourism Marketing||(PTS-6)||4|
Benefits Of IGNOU DTS Online Programme
A degree holder of the DTS Online Programme will make a career in travel & tourism Industries like:
- Travel Agency
- Own business of travel & tourism
For further information about the Programme, learners may contact the person below.
Dr Paramita Suklabaidya
Email Id: email@example.com
This Programme aims to build knowledge amongst the learners about travel industries that will help them make a career by going forward.
Centre for Online Education (COE)
Block-17, Room. No. 04,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Contact No: 011-2957-2322
Be the first to leave a review.