IGNOU Online DTS Admission: IGNOU Online DTS admission for the January 2023 session started and the last date to register is 10 March 2023. It is a diploma-level programme that covers fundamentals, tourism regulatory framework, history, aviation management, and business statistics. Candidates can make online admission to the Diploma in Tourism Studies by paying a registration fee of Rs. 300/-
A full program fee for one year course is INR 4,500. Admission to IGNOU DTS program will confirm after a diploma program fee deposit. Confirmation of admission shall be shared with the registered email id/mobile number of applicants.
- Admissions for the January 2023 session have begun, and students can apply for certificate & semester based programmes until March 14, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/. For other programs, apply till March 20, 2023.
- IGNOU has extended the last date with Rs 200 late fee for Re-registration Jan 2023 session; Apply till 14 March 2023 for semester-based & 20 March 2023 for other programs.
- The IGNOU has announced the Assignment Submission deadline for June TEE 2023 until 31 March 2023.
Individuals who have passed the highest level of school exam (12th) can apply to the diploma program in tourism studies. The Diploma program entry will not include an entrance test.
Applicants who succeeded to get admission shall be taught about various subjects like foundation courses in tourism, tourism development, management tourism, tourism marketing, etc.
IGNOU Online DTS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online DTS Programme|
|Minimum Duration||1 Year|
|Maximum Duration||3 Years|
|Course Fee||4500 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU DTS Online Admission: An Overview
IGNOU online Diploma in Tourism Studies Admission for the January 2023 session has been started. Students can apply for fresh admission by visiting the official admission portal of IGNOU till 10 March 2023. Studying tourism online will help students have very good learning by pursuing study from anywhere in the country.
In the modern era, we see traveling has become more frequent, Sports, business, education, and political movements are the reason for the boom in the tourism sector.
The DTS Online Programme relates to the tourism industry where learners get to know about insights of tourism industries from basic to advanced levels. This valuable knowledge will help the learner in making a career in the tourism industry. It will be a perfect choice for the candidate who currently works in the tourism sector.
The DTS Online Programme consists of 36 credits, and the Programme is divided into the following parts:
- TS-01 Foundation Course in Tourism,
- TS-02 Tourism Development: Products, Operations and Case Studies
- TS-03 Management in Tourism
Elective: Choose any one of the following
- TS-04 Indian Culture: Perspective for Tourism
- PTS-04 Project on Indian Culture: Perspective for Tourism Or
- TS-05 Ecology, environment, and tourism
- PTS-05 Project on ecology, environment, and tourism Or
- TS-06 Tourism Marketing
- PTS-06 Projects on Tourism Marketing
The learner of this diploma course will not need to go for anything to the regional and study centres. From admission to the submission of the term-end assignments, candidates have to follow the online method. The study materials for this diploma will be available over the EGYANKOSH application and the web portal. Candidates can stream and download the lecture videos at any time.
IGNOU Online DTS Application Form
The Programme is available in both January and July sessions. Candidates are advised to choose the session according to their comfort. However, IGNOU has started the admission process for January 2023 session, and the last date for registration is 10 March 2023.
IGNOU Online DTS Admission Process: How To Apply?
The admission process for IGNOU DTS Online will be mentioned in the next segment.
- There is an admission portal that is available for registration- https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in/.
- Here, students must fill in the general personal details because students will get new login and password for the admissions form.
- After completing the registration process, students are required to complete their admission form.
- This admission form has Personal Information, Educational details, which students need to fill in with accuracy.
- After filling up, this section, students need to upload the scanned documents.
- The information and documents should be properly filled in, and students need to recheck the details.
- After clearing all these, students need to pay the fees through the available mode – NetBanking/ OnlinePayment/card payment.
- Save all the details for future reference.
Eligibility & Medium: DTS Online Programme of IGNOU
- The candidates have to be a pass out of 10+2 or equivalent or bpp from IGNOU.
- Age no bar
- The medium of this Programme will be English
- Minimum period: 01 Year
- Maximum period: 03 Years
IGNOU Online DTS Programme Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 4,500/- for the full Programme (exclusive of examination fee)
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 8,000/- for the complete Programme (exclusive of the examination fee)
- FOR NON-SAARC students USD 300 for the Full Programme(exclusive of examination fee)
IGNOU Online DTS Programme Syllabus
|Foundation Course in Tourism||(TS-1)||8|
|Tourism Development: Products, Operations and Case Studies||(TS-2)||8|
|Management in Tourism||(TS-3)||8|
|Project on Tourism Marketing||(PTS-6)||4|
Benefits Of IGNOU DTS Online Programme
A Diploma holder of the DTS Online Programme will make a career in travel & tourism Industries like:
- Travel Agency
- Own a business of travel & tourism
For further information about the Programme, learners may contact the person below.
Dr Paramita Suklabaidya
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Programme aims to build knowledge amongst the learners about travel industries that will help them make a career going forward.
- Admission: Centre for Online Education (COE), Block-17, Room. No. 04, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, 110068
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Contact No: 011-2957-2322