IGNOU M.Com Admission 2024: The last date is 29 February 2024 to apply for IGNOU MCom admission in the January session. IGNOU started the Master of Commerce admission in the January 2024 academic session. Students can fill out the admission form by visiting the official portal @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. INR 300 is the registration fee and INR 18,400 is the academic fee for the MCom course. Candidates have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized board.
For applicants who are keen on applying for IGNOU MCom in finance and taxation, business policy and corporate governance, management accounting, financial strategies, etc., candidates will need to deposit a registration fee of INR 850. The deposited application fee will remain non-refundable as said by the university.
IGNOU Trending Updates
Applicants can use IGNOU Samarth and the Re-Registration portal to complete the process of the M.Com degree. IGNOU has opened the re-registration portal for the MCom degree into the January 2024 academic session. IGNOU MCom 2nd year admission’s last date is 29 February 2024 into the January calendar. Students must visit the official web portal of IGNOU @onlinrr.ignou.ac.in to complete the re-admission form.
Aspirants can learn about the fee structure of M.Com specialized courses ahead in the article.
IGNOU M.Com admission can be taken after passing a previous bachelor’s exam in the same stream. Entrance tests are exempted from the program. The program has several specializations, such as finance & taxation, business policy & corporate governance, management accounting & financial strategies, and more.
IGNOU MCom Course Details
- IGNOU MCom is a PG program minimum duration is 2 years, and goes lasts 4 years.
- IGNOU MCom fee is INR 9,300 per year and INR 18,600 for the full program.
- For admission, M.Com course final graduation marks required min 50%.
- The university’s admissions staff issues the UG degree merit list.
- Exam results 10+2 and graduation documents will be required at admission.
- Qualified candidates must appear at the university’s regional or study centre with all appropriate documentation to confirm their enrolment.
- The salient features of the IGNOU Mcom program are as follows
- Focus on operational areas of Business Activities.
- The MCom program is designed and prepared by some of the top academics in the field of commerce.
- Students will get the opportunity to interact with the leading experts.
- IGNOU provides MCom in 3 specializations MCom in Finance & Taxation (MCom (F&T)), MCom in Business Policy and Corporate Governance (MCom (BP & CG)), and last one is MCom in Management Accounting & Financial Strategies (MCom (MA&FS)).
- IGNOU MCom program comes under the School of Management Studies (SOMS).
- In this program, there are 80 Credits divided into 4 Semesters: 22 Credits in 1st, 18 Credits in 2nd, 22 Credits in 3rd and 18 Credits in 4th Semester.
IGNOU M.Com Admission Highlights:
|Master of Commerce
|Duration of the Course
|Passed BCom with 50 % marks
|IGNOU Official Website
IGNOU M.Com Admission 2024
The last date for IGNOU MCom admission is 29 February 2024 in the January session. Applicants interested in enrolling for MCom admission can complete the admission process at the official website of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Students must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university to be eligible for the MCom course. The registration fee is INR 300 for the IGNOU MCom program; students must pay the fee using a debit and credit card at the time of admission.
The minimum eligibility for admission in the course is graduation in the relevant stream from a UGC-approved university. Admissions will be offered in the Mcom based on performance in the previous qualifying examinations. Registration form fill-out for the MCom program through the IGNOU website and pay the registration fee by using a debit/credit card or net banking and UPI payment mode.
Indira Gandhi National Open University accepts MCom admission in two academic sessions in a year January & July. IGNOU offers MCOM in various specializations, such as a Master of Commerce in Finance & Taxation, Business Policy, and Corporate Governance, Management Accounting & Financial Strategies, and more.
IGNOU MCom Eligibility Criteria :
Indira Gandhi National Open University set the eligibility criteria for applicants keen to enroll in the MCom program to have a bachelor’s degree or equal with a minimum of 50 percent marks from a UGC-approved university. The admissions will be merit-based; the university didn’t conduct any entrance examination.
IGNOU MCom Fee Structure:
IGNOU MCom Fees are designed in the following structure, which represents a course and registration fee.
- IGNOU MCom’s full-time course fee is INR 18,600.
- One can use the yearly window to deposit the MCom course fee.
- A registration fee of INR 300 is mandatory for the IGNOU MCom program.
- Admission to MCom’s first year relies on students’ courses and registration fee deposits.
IGNOU MCom Duration:
IGNOU MCom PG program is taught for the following duration.
- Students can learn and earn a degree in the IGNOU MCOM program in two years.
- Students who are left out for a year or two can complete the IGNOU MCOM PG program with a maximum limit of 4 years.
IGNOU M.Com Course Structure
IGNOU M.Com program’s primary goal is to provide students with the intellectual, entrepreneurial, and analytical abilities they need to manage business operations, especially those in international business. Students enrolled in the IGNOU MCom program must pass 12 topics totaling 72 credits. These 12 subjects are divided into 6 core subjects and 6 subjects relating to the student’s area of specialty.
IGNOU M.Com Application Form 2024
The IGNOU MCom application form is available online mode for the January 2024 academic session. Students must visit the official portal to obtain information related to the application form and other important details. The fee for the IGNOU MCom application form is INR 300. Students can pay Application Fees via debit/credit cards or net banking at the university.
Applicants must prepare all the important documents (mark sheets for 10th and 12th, character certificates, photographs, etc.) before filling out the application form to avoid discrepancies.
IGNOU MCom Admission Process 2024
IGNOU accepts online application forms for the M.Com course. To complete the registration process, applicants have to perform the below-listed points:
- First of all, visit the admission portal of IGNOU and sign up for the page by registering yourself. For this, the applicant must select a unique username and password. Do not forget your username or password, as these details are required to open the page later.
- Once you log in to the page, enter all the details carefully. Avoid making any errors. Provide all the correct and authentic information to confirm your admission.
- After this, upload all your previous educational documents.
- Now, submit the application fee online to submit the form completely. The application will not be accepted if a candidate misses entering important information in the form.
- Do not forget to press the “Submit” button.
IGNOU MCom Assignment
IGNOU will open the assignment submission portal for the MCom programme to appear in the June Term-end examination. 31 March 2024 will be the tentative last date to submit the IGNOU MCom assignment for June TEE 2024. Students can submit their assignments by visiting the regional or study centre and also can visit the official portal of the university.
For the MCom program, there will be just one assignment for 100 marks. The weightage of the IGNOU assignment is 30%. Without submitting the assignment students will not appear in the Term-end examination. Assignment submission runs in December & June month of the session at the official portal.
IGNOU MCom Term End Examination
The last date will be 15 May 2024 tentatively to submit the IGNOU MCom exam form without a late fee of INR 1,100 to appear in the June Term-end examination. Indira Gandhi National Open University will open the exam form submission door for the MCom program. The exam forms are available at the Regional Centre of the IGNOU. Students have to fill out the exam form if they want to appear in their upcoming TEE exams.
The pre-exam course fee for the MCom course at IGNOU is Rs 200. Students can check their performance on Term-end examinations.
IGNOU M.Com Study Materials
Students who are pursuing IGNOU’s MCom program have the option to access all necessary study materials via the university’s official website. The course study materials and supplementary resources can be easily downloaded from the eGyankosh app, which the Indira Gandhi National Open University offers.
The sources used in this article have been verified and written by experts in their fields. Before completing the registration process, students are advised to read all the material that they are provided with during the registration process so that they can have a thorough understanding of what they are registering for.
IGNOU M.Com Date Sheet
Indira Gandhi National Open University, or IGNOU, will release the date sheet for the June Term-end examination; exams will start on 01 June 2024 to 07 July 2024. All students need to verify each course code with the date sheet published on the official portal before the examination. Indira Gandhi National Open University will announce the MCom program result for the June Term-end examination 2024. Students visit the official website of the university in order to check.
IGNOU M.Com Course Syllabus:
|International Business Environment
|International Marketing Management
|India’s Foreign Trade
|Export-Import Procedures and Documentation
|International Marketing Logistics
|International Business Finance
|Organization Theory and Behaviour
|Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis
|Accounting for Managerial Decisions
IGNOU MCom Finance and Taxation Syllabus:
|Organization Theory and Behavior
|Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis
|International Business Finance
|Strategic Financial Management
|Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
|Corporate and Allied Laws
|Advanced Management Accounting
|Information Systems Control and Audit
|Direct Tax Laws
|Indirect Tax Laws
The university reserves seats for disabled students. Candidates with a disability of 40% or more are given a lot of relaxation to complete their degree. Such candidates get a time of extra two years to complete the program. The University offers ST/SC/NCL-OBC/Kashmiri Migrants/ War Widows and Physically Handicapped reservations.
The University also offers scholarships for talented students. To apply, students can easily obtain the necessary forms from the university’s regional center. Following this, they need to comply with the requirements of the Social Welfare Office at the university.
Why Choose IGNOU For Admission to M.Com Program?
Some of the advantages of selecting IGNOU for M.Com Admission are as follows:
- The university provides an easy learning approach to its students
- One can get all the helping material on the university’s official website
- Allows students to join the course from anywhere.
- Allow candidates to manage both their studies and their jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ques 1. When is the IGNOU MCom Admission Last date?
Ans: Admission to the M.Com program at IGNOU has opened for the January 2024 session. To apply for this course, Students must complete the application from the website before the last date 29 February 2024, as there are limited seats.
Ques 2. Does the university accept offline application forms for the M.Com program?
Ans: No, the university is only accepting online application forms.
Ques 3. What is the total time duration allowed to complete this course?
Ans: The candidates can complete the M.com program from IGNOU for an utmost duration of 4 years.
Ques 4. Is IGNOU University UGC approved?
Ans: Yes, the institute is accepted by UGC.
Ques 5. After successful admission to IGNOU, what should I do?
Ans: Then you can start your study with IGNOU as soon as your admission is approved and confirmed. The enrollment number you provide can be used for the exam, online hall ticket, result, grade card, and so on.
Ques 6. IGNOU MCom Admission Last Date 2024?
Ans: IGNOU MCom admission 2024 the last date is 29 February 2024.