IGNOU Online MA English Admission 2024: 10 March 2024 is the extended last date to apply for the IGNOU Online MA English course in the academic session January 2024. Students can visit the official portal of the university @ignouiop.samarth.edu.in. Students must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university. The registration fee is INR 300 students need to pay the amount at the time of admission.
IGNOU Online MA English re-registration’s last date is 10 March 2024 for the January academic session (with a late fee of Rs. 200). Students who want to get admitted to the following year. To re-register, applicants can visit the official website of IGNOU – @Onlinerr.ignou.ac.in.
IGNOU Trending Updates
- IGNOU has released the Exam Form for June 2024. The last date is 31 March 2024 for IGNOU Exam Form June 2024 without a late fee.
- IGNOU starts admission for the January 2024 session, Students can apply by the extended last date 10 March 2024 at @ignou.ac.in.
- IGNOU has extended the re-registration last date for the January session. The extended last date is 10 March 2024 with a late fee of INR 200 for IGNOU Re-registration in January session.
This two-year degree program in MEG is offered online by IGNOU and shall last two years. Students will be taught through online classes and e-learning materials in this course. The syllabus possesses world literature that includes American, African, Caribbean, Canadian, etc.
The main subject to be learned in IGNOU Online MEG is British Literature. Candidates can seek admission to the online program of IGNOU MEG on the UG degree score. Candidates can make a registration for the IGNOU MA English program for the current session by using the IGNOU IOP Portal.
IGNOU Online MA English Admission: Programme Highlights
|IGNOU Master of Arts – English (MEGOL) Programme
|IGNOU Official Website
|Apply For Admission
The online MEG PG two-year Programme admission can be obtained by following the sections below:
- Documents To Upload
- How To Apply
IGNOU MA English Online Programme Admission
10 March 2024 is the last date to apply for the IGNOU Online MA English admission in the January session. Indira Gandhi National Open University has begun admission for the January 2024 academic session. Applicants can fill out the admission form by visiting the official portal of the university @ignouiop.samarth.edu.in. The registration fee is INR 300 for the MEGOL program. Those applicants are eligible who have a bachelor’s degree in any specialization from a UGC-approved University.
MA English is completely online, students will get all the important information via email or SMS such as study material, lectures, and assignment upload links in a digital mode. However, the term-end exams will be held offline routinely.
10 March 2024 is the last date for IGNOU re-registration for Online MA English a literature-based PG program for January 2024 session. The registration and the re-registration process for the PG program will be done in the presence of academic and personal information.
Eligibility Criteria for the MEGOL Programme
The eligibility criteria for the IGNOU Online MA English two years duration program are mentioned below students can go through the following points.
- Passed three-year UG degree in a BA English Honors
- Related subjects in UG will allow students to take admitted to a PG program
- No specific marks requirements for admission
- Admission will be given only to those who have passed a UG degree from a UGC-approved University.
Fee Structure: Master of Arts -English (MEGOL)
IGNOU MEGOL two-year online PG program registration and course fee are as follows:
- The registration fee for the MEG online program is INR 300. It will be paid along with the first-year course fee.
- IGNOU MEGOL full program fee is INR 14,600/-, and it will be paid year-wise.
- The yearly fee that applicants will need to deposit is INR 6,000.
- IGNOU will soon update fees for international candidates belonging to SAARC and NON-SAARC countries.
IGNOU Online MA English Application Form
IGNOU offers an Online MA English application form in two academic sessions: January and July. For the January 2024 academic session, Indira Gandhi National Open University is accepting applications for its Online MA English program. Applicants must submit the filled application form by 10 March 2024. IGNOU accepts applications from Indian and international students. The application fee for the Online MA English course is INR 300.
A proposed way of depositing MA English program fees is credit/debit card, net banking, UPI, etc.; a receipt must be printed/downloaded for future reference. International Division students have the option of making payments online. An entrance test will not be used for the IGNOU Online MEG program admission.
IGNOU Online MEG Admission Process
Indira Gandhi National Open University Online MA English admission process is very simple. Applicants can go through the simple steps, and candidates avoid mistakes while registering for an Online MEG program. The applicant should follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Arrange an active email and unique mobile number before registration
- All documents must be scanned initially and not exceed the size limit
- A Passport size photo must not be older than three weeks
- Special category candidates will need to upload a relevant certificate for verification
- Details such as applicants’ and fathers’ names must be filled with a resemblance to the 10th certificate.
Stages for registration: MEGOL Program
Applicants can follow the mentioned below steps for registration for the MEGOL program at IGNOU University’s official website:
Step 1: Visit the IGNOU Samarth Portal
Step 2: Press “Click here for new registration” and complete the process
Step 3: Login account by entering your Username, Password, and Captcha
Step 4: A dashboard will appear containing sections e.g., Personal, Academic, Address, Document, Preview, and Payment
Step 5: Complete the mandatory blocks being given in the sections
Step 6: Pick the program, and subjects, followed by an address section
Step 7: The documents will be uploaded as instructed in a Samarth Portal
Step 8: Press a Preview button before proceeding to a payment gateway of the IGNOU MEG Online Programme.
Step 9: Click “I Agree and Proceed to make payment”
Step 10: Pick a Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking to deposit
Step 11: Print out the receipt and wait for an acknowledgment
Step 12: Confirmation of admission can be checked by using a unique number received after submission of the application form.
Document Required for MA English Online Programme
The following documents are needed to be originally scanned before uploading at the online portal of IGNOU.
- Recent colour passport-size photo
- Age Proof/Birth Proof
- Academic/Educational documents
- Applicant’s signature
- BPL, Caste, Eligibility, or Experience Certificate (If Applicable)
Note: Photo and signature will be uploaded in JPEG/JPG/PNG format. The size of the photo should not exceed 200 kb, and 100 kb is the limit for a signature.
IGNOU Online MA English [MEGOL] Syllabus
|Literary Criticism and Theory
|Contemporary Indian Literature in English Translation
|Comparative Literature Theory and Practice
|Indian English Literature
IGNOU Online MA English Assignment
Indira Gandhi National Open University will begin submitting the Online MA English assignment for June TEE in the first week of March 2024. The last date will be 31 March 2024* for submitting the IGNOU Online MA English assignment. The weightage of the IGNOU assignment submission is 30 percent in the overall grading. Assignment submission is essential because if any students do not submit their assignments, they we will not appear in the June Term-end examination.
IGNOU Online MEGOL Exam Form
Indira Gandhi National Open University has closed the exam form submission for the Online MA English program to appear in the December Term-end examination. 25 November 2023 was the last date to submit the IGNOU Online MEGOL Exam form with a late fee of INR 1,100 by visiting the nearby regional centre.
The term-end exam must be taken because it counts for around 70% of your grade. IGNOU has released the date sheet for the Online MEGOL program December term-end examination starts on 01 December 2023 and ends on 09 January 2024.
- IGNOU has released the Results of the December Term-end examination 2023 for the Online MA English course. Students can check their TEE performance by visiting the official website of the university @ignou.ac.in. They have an 11-digit enrollment number to check the IGNOU Result.
- It is usually the case that IGNOU conducts the TEE in two sessions for online programs (December and June) each year.
Frequently Asked Questions about IGNOU MEGOL?
Ques 1: What does the IGNOU Online MA English course include?
Ans: At IGNOU Online MA English course includes basic topics of Literary Criticism and Theory, Compulsory Course, Aspects of Language, Comparative Literature, New Literature in English, etc.
Ques 2: How can I get my study material for the Online MA English Course?
Ans: Students get their study material at eGyanKosh, and the next option is offline, so students also can get study material at IGNOU regional centre.
Ques 3: What is the best Job after Online MA in English course for students?
Ans: After Online MA in English, Students can apply for a Lecturer. Anchor. Magazine or newspaper editor. Writer. PR. Copywriter. Social service etc.
Ques 4: Is it possible to do a Master’s degree online at IGNOU?
Ans: The course can be pursued through a full-time or part-time mode of education. Indira Gandhi Open National University offers a wide range of MA courses in a variety of fields through its programs distance and online education
Ques 5: Is it possible to take IGNOU classes online?
Ans: The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a wide range of online academic courses through its online learning platform.
Programme Coordinator of IGNOU MEGOL:
- Prof. Malati Mathur – Prof. of English Director School of Humanities
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01129572751, 01129572752