IGNOU Online MAGPS Admission: The Indira Gandhi National Open University, as per the latest update, extended its branches. The University, which offers 200 programmes obtaining Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral, and Post-diploma, have come up with an online programme for the students who wish to study from home.
The MAGPS Online Programme (Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies) will help the learners procure knowledge that will benefit the candidate to manage certain circumstances that went against Peace.
IGNOU Online MAGPS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online MAGPS Programme|
|Minimum Duration||2 Year|
|Maximum Duration||4 Years|
|Course Fee||4500 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU MAGPS Online Admission: An Overview
The main intention of this Programme is to provide knowledge and promote theoretically and applied research over Mahatma Gandhi. The perception of Mahatma Gandhi encourages billions of people across the globe. The main course of this Programme is to promote Peace and management skills in the candidate through the course of action that Mahatma Gandhi presented in the contemporary world.
The learners have to study the following aspects: Conflict management, Social Regeneration, and Peace. The Gandhian studies would assist candidates in obtaining objectives as mentioned above. This Programme will be helpful for the candidates who wish to follow the path that Mahatma Gandhi intended to earn Peace and conflict management.
The learners have to earn 64 credits to complete the MAGPS Online Programme. This master degree consists of the following courses split into two years:
For the first year:
- MGP-001 Gandhi: The Man and his Times
- MGP-002 Philosophy of Gandhi
- MGP-003 Gandhi’s Social Thought
- MGP-004 Gandhi’s Political Thought
- MGP-006 Gandhi’s Economic Thought
- MGP-007 Non-Violent Movements after Gandhi
- MGP-009 Gandhi in the 21st Century
- MGP-014 Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development
For the second year:
- MGP-005 Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution
- MGPE-008 Gandhian approach to Peace and Conflict Resolution
- MGPE-010 Conflict Management, Transformation, and Peacebuilding
- MGPE-011 Human Security
- MGPE-012 Women and Peace
- MGPE-013 Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict
- MGPE-015 Introduction to Research Methods
- MGPE-016 Human Rights Indian Perspective
- MGPP-017 Project work
The online learning sector is flourishing students who study through this model will not have to go to their institutions or colleges.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, in the mode of online learning, helps out the learners by equipping them with study materials, email ids, and lecture videos online. The learners will get their classes online every day, and assignment submission can be done over mail id provided by the University.
The most convenient part for the students in online learning is: Learners may stream, download their subject-related content from the EGYANKOSH web portal anytime.
IGNOU Online MAGPS Admission
The MAGPS Online Programme is accessible for the candidates in both January and July sessions. Candidates are advised to choose the session according to their comfort. The process for the admission of this Programme is mentioned further.
Note: The Term End Examination will occur offline.
How to get admission to IGNOU MAGPS Online Programme?
The candidates who aim at getting admission to the MAGPS Online Programme will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, a candidate has to Open the official website of IGNOU https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/,
- Register their account
- Fill out the required details
- Submit button
- Discover the home page again
- Sign in that created account
- Click over the new application
- FIll needed details
- Upload Documents along with signature
- Submit the finishing button
Eligibility & Medium: MAGPS Online Programme of IGNOU
- Bachelor degree or higher degree holder in any stream from any recognized university of India
- Age no bar
- The Programme will be obtainable in both English and Hindi Medium.
- Minimum period: 02 Year
- Maximum period: 04 Years
IGNOU Online MAGPS Programme Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 4,500/- Per Year (exclusive of the examination fee)
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 8,000/- Per Year (exclusive of the examination fee)
- FOR NON-SAARC students INR 22057/- Per Year (exclusive of the examination fee)
IGNOU Online MAGPS Programme Syllabus:
|Gandhi: The Man and His Times||(MGP-001)||4|
|Philosophy of Gandhi||(MGP-002)||4|
|Gandhi’s Social Thought||(MGP-003)||4|
|Gandhi’s Political Thought||(MGP-004)||4|
|Gandhi’s Economic Thought||(MGPE-006)||4|
|Non-Violence Movements after Gandhi||(MGPE-007)||4|
|Gandhi in the 21st Century||(MGPE-009)||4|
|Gandhi: Ecology and Sustainable Development||(MGPE-014)||4|
|Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution||(MGP-005)||4|
|Gandhian Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolution||(MGPE-008)||4|
|Conflict Management Transformation and Peace Building||(MGPE-010)||4|
|Woman and Peace||(MGPE-012)||4|
|Civil Society Political Regimes and Conflicts||(MGPE-013)||4|
|Introduction to Research Methods||(MGPE-015)||4|
|Human Rights: Indian Perspective||(MGPE-016)||4|
Benefits Of IGNOU MAGPS Online Programme
The benefits for the candidates after the completion of this Programme will be as follows:
- The candidates who are engaged with any peace and the reformatory social organization will directly benefit from managing things practically.
- The candidates may join a career in Teaching, NGOs, Research, and peacebuilding organizations across the globe.
- Completion of this Programme constructed an individual eligible for career and training opportunities in social, economic, gender, political, and environmental sectors.
The candidates may contact the coordinator for more clarification about the Programme.
Professor Satish Kumar
Mobile No: +91 9313487857
The MAGPS Online Programme offers higher studies to the learners; Its main aim is to provide quality education to the learner at the postgraduate level. The theme for this Programme is based on Mahatma Gandhi, where a learner goes through the topics like Gandhian studies, conflict management, Peace, and social regeneration. The course offers depth information in Peace and management with the help of a Gandhian outlook.
Centre for Online Education (COE)
Block-17, Room. No. 04,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Contact No: 011-2957-2322