IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023: IGNOU BLIS is now available for admission into the January 2023 cycle. The final date to submit the application form for the BLIS program at IGNOU is 31 January 2023. To apply online, candidates can proceed with the Samarth Portal. This course provides topics about the library and information science, and the registration fee for this course is Rs 300.
Application forms for IGNOU BLIS, one-year degree program, can be filled out online. IGNOU Re-registration portal is developed to help registered students for the continuation of studies. IGNOU re-registration for BLIS programme last date is 31 January 2023.
- Admissions for the January 2023 session have begun, and students can apply for bachelors and masters programmes until January 31, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU has commenced the Re-registration for January 2023 session; Apply till 31 January 2023.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for December TEE 2022 until 15 December 2022.
The IGNOU BLIS Course fee is INR 7,900. Individuals are required to deposit registration, and course fees at the time of admission. BLIS degree admission can be taken after passing the ug degree exam with 50% marks. Complete eligibility for IGNOU BLIS one-year program has been further mentioned. Admission can also be taken in the July cycle for this library and information science-oriented program. Also, the submission of IGNOU BLIS Assignment for Dec TEE is ongoing, deadline to submit it was 15 December 2022.
The BLIS program syllabus contains nine topics such as the library, information & society, ICT fundamentals, communication skills, ICT in libraries, document processing practice, communication skills, and more.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023 Highlights
|Duration of the Course||1 Year|
|Maximum duration||2 Years|
|Age Requirement||No limitation|
|IGNOU Librarian Course Fees||INR 7,900|
|Minimum Age||18 years or more|
|Eligibility||Passed graduation with 50% marks or passed a graduation degree with a diploma in library science|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023
The last date of IGNOU Librarian Course Admission 2023 is 31 January 2023. IGNOU conducts admission in two cycles in the month of January and July. In response to the need for numerous skilled human resources in the field of library and information activities, IGNOU launched the BLIS programme. It has a minimum of 1 year and a maximum 2-year duration.
Admission to the BLIS program is offered merit-based only. This course has been introduced for graduates only. Before taking admission, several aspects such as eligibility criteria, admission process, selection procedure, course syllabus, and fee structure must be considered. The BLIS examination consists of 4 papers each worth 25 marks, all compulsory, and the pass percentage is 33%.
IGNOU BLIS Eligibility Criteria:
For IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023, the students must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Students who want to take admitted to IGNOU BLIS Programme should complete their Undergraduate programs at a recognized university.
- Also, students should at least obtain 50% marks in their Bachelor’s degree or students who have pursued a Diploma program in Library science can enroll in this program.
- Also, the applicant who has working experience can take admissions in the BLIS programme.
IGNOU BLIS Duration:
- IGNOU BLIS program minimum duration is 1 year.
- The students can pass the degree with a maximum duration of 2 years.
IGNOU BLIS Fee Structure:
IGNOU BLIS admission and application fee have been detailed in the sections below.
- BLIS one year full-time program fee is INR 7,900.
- The registration fee for the BLIS course is INR 300.
- Special/reserved categories are exempted from the application fee.
IGNOU BLIS Specialisations:
The bachelor’s degree program IGNOU BLIS specializations is given in library and information science. It comprises nine courses that include practical and theory.
IGNOU BLIS Selection Criteria
Selection in the BLIS program of IGNOU is merit-based. The score of a Bachelor’s degree is considered for enrolment in this program. For the one-year BLIS degree offered by IGNOU, the department of social science does not conduct any kind of admission exam. Those who already have a bachelor’s degree are eligible to submit an application for admission to the IGNOU BLIS program.
IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Application Form:
IGNOU Application form for the BLIS program is available in two sessions from January and July. Eligible Students can register for the IGNOU BLIS program either online or offline. The application fee for Blis Program is INR 300 for the general category and INR 200 for SC/ST/PwD/EWS Category. Use either debit, credit, and net banking to deposit the application fee.
- Copy of photographs
- Copy of signature
- Age proof
- Scanned copy of all educational certificates
- Copy of experience or work certificates
- Category certificate
IGNOU BLIS Admission Process
IGNOU BLIS Admission Process is followed online and offline mode. Students can take the steps given below to register for the IGNOU BLIS Program.
IGNOU BLIS Online
Admissions of BLIS can be applied by using the below procedure:
- Open the IGNOU website and go to “New Registration”.
- In the new registration portal, register yourself with IGNOU and get a unique ID and password.
- Using that ID and Password, login into the IGNOU admission portal.
- Select Bachelor’s degree and Library Science Information from the sub-menu.
- An application form will open and provide educational and personal details.
- After filling out the form, pay INR 300 for registration for the BLIS program.
- Now hit the” Submit” button. Your application for BLIS will be submitted.
IGNOU BLIS Offline
- Collect application forms from the IGNOU authorized regional centre by raising.
- A DD of INR 200 in favour of the concerned centre.
- Aspirants can download the BLIS prospectus and application form from the portal as well.
- Complete mandatory sections of the IGNOU BLIS Offline Form.
- Attach attested documents alongside a coloured photo.
- Physically submit the IGNOU BLIS form at one of the approved admission/regional centres.
- Ensure to collect IGNOU BLIS form submission receipt.
IGNOU BLIS Assignment
IGNOU has extended the last date for uploading the assignment for the December 2022 session to 15 December 2022. Students who are currently pursuing the IGNOU BLIS course needed to upload their assignments as the necessary method for appearing in the IGNOU December TEE Exam. The assignments can be submitted by the students by either visiting the official portal or at the regional center.
In the IGNOU BLIb course, assignments and tasks must be completed on time and submitted online. Approximately 30 percent of the grade is determined by the assignments. It is important to submit your assignments on time in order to receive a good grade.
IGNOU BLIS Exam Form
IGNOU BLIS Exam Form released for December TEE; students need to fill the examination form before the deadline in order to appear in the Term End Examination. The last date to fill out is 25 November 2022 with a late fee. The date of examination for the BLIS course is from 02 December 2022 to 09 January 2023. The examination is generally conducted in June and December sessions.
IGNOU BLIS Study Material;
IGNOU Library Course provides study material to the students for a complete understanding of the course content. The university sends the self learning material to the registered address of the student given at the time of registration. However, it can be collected from the respective regional center selected. Those who are comfortable with the soft copy of the study material can download it from the official site of the university.
Why Choose IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Admission?
Some of the reasons for selecting IGNOU for BLIS Admission are as follows:
- IGNOU provides the top distance education to the students
- Provides students with an option to study a variety of courses
- The university is affiliated with AICTE and UGC
- Students who passed the BLIS from IGNOU are eligible to apply for government jobs
IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Syllabus:
|Library, Information, and Society||4|
|Information Sources and Services||4|
|Organizing and Managing Information||4|
|Management of Library and Information Centre||4|
|Document Processing: Practice||4|
|Information Products and Services||4|
|ICT in Libraries||4|
Ques.) What is the total fee of the IGNOU BLIS program?
Ans: The total fee for BLIS course is INR 7900.
Ques.) What is the age limit for applying to the IGNOU BLIS course?
Ans: Yes, the candidate must be of 18 years or more to apply for this course.
Ques.) What is the teaching method for the IGNOU BLIS course?
Ans: The program offers a distance education teaching method.