IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024: Indira Gandhi National Open University will commence admission for the one-year degree program of Bachelor of Library and Information Science in the January 2024 session on the 3rd week of December 2023. IGNOU BLIS admission’s last date is 31 January 2024 the January academic cycle. Applicants may apply to the BLIS degree program through an online mode at the Samarth Portal @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
- IGNOU released the Hall Ticket for the December Term-end examination, students can download the admit card by visit the official portal @ignou.ac.in.
- IGNOU has released the date sheet for the December Term End Examination 2023.
- IGNOU has extended the exam form last date to 25 November 2023 with a late fee of INR 1100 for December Term End Examination 2023.
Admission to the IGNOU BLIS program is only offered to keen students who manage to pass a bachelor’s degree with a 50% score. Applicants will be required to pay INR 300 and INR 8,300 for the registration and course fees to complete the BLIS admission process.
At the Indira Gandhi National Open University, offline admission is also available which is administered by the Regional Centres. The complete process will be explained soon in the article below. In addition to the January 2024 session, the university will also offer the opportunity to enroll in the one-year degree program BLIS in the July 2024 session.
The BLIS course at Indira Gandhi National Open University consists of the following subjects: library information and society, information sciences and society, organizing and managing information, ICT fundamentals, communication skills, document processing practice, information products and services, and more.
This is not the last page with information about IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024; all the remaining details are provided below in a comprehensive manner.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024 Highlights
|Duration of the Course||1 Year|
|Maximum duration||2 Years|
|Age Requirement||No limitation|
|IGNOU Librarian Course Fees||INR 8,300|
|Minimum Age||18 years or more|
|Eligibility||Passed graduation with 50% marks or passed a graduation degree with a diploma in library science|
|Apply for Admission||IGNOU Admission|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2024
31 January 2024 is the last date to apply for the IGNOU BLIS admission into the January academic session. Indira Gandhi National Open University will release the notification for the BLIS admission into the January 2024 academic session. Those students who are keen to enroll in the BLIS program can fill out the admission form by the last date at the official portal of the University @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
IGNOU offers BLIS admission for students with an undergraduate degree, and the admission will be based only on the merit list. Before taking admission various aspects must be considered, such as eligibility criteria, selection & admission procedure, fee structure, and course syllabus. BLIS consists of four papers worth 25 marks each, all compulsory, and the pass percentage is 50%.
In response to the need for numerous skilled human resources in the field of library and information activities, IGNOU launched the BLIS program. It has a minimum of 1 year and a maximum 2-year duration.
IGNOU BLIS Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants keen to enroll in the BLIS program from IGNOU have to meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. Criteria for BLIS admission are mentioned below, and candidates can go through this section to learn more about it.
- Students have to complete their graduation with 50% marks and pass a diploma in library science from the central or state university in order to be admitted to the BLIS program.
- The minimum percentage is 50% for the BLIS program admission.
- Also, an applicant who has working experience can take admissions in the BLIS program.
IGNOU BLIS Duration:
- IGNOU BLIS program’s minimum duration is 1 year.
- The students can pass the degree with a maximum duration of 2 years.
IGNOU BLIS Fee Structure:
Bachelor in Library Science from IGNOU admission and application fee have been detailed in the sections below.
- BLIS one-year full-time program fee is INR 8,300.
- The registration fee for the BLIS course is INR 300.
- Special/reserved categories are exempted from the application fee.
IGNOU BLIS Specialisations
There are specializations in library and information science offered as part of the bachelor’s degree program of IGNOU BLIS. During the course of the program, there will be nine practical and theoretical courses included.
IGNOU BLIS Selection Criteria
Selection in the BLIS program of IGNOU is merit-based. The score of a Bachelor’s degree is considered for enrolment in this program. For the one-year BLIS degree offered by IGNOU, the Department of Social Science does not conduct any admission exam. Those who already have a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for admission to the IGNOU BLIS program.
IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Application Form
IGNOU Application form for the BLIS program is available in two sessions from January and July. Eligible Students can register for the IGNOU BLIS program either online or offline. The application fee for the IGNOU BLIS Program is INR 300 for the general category and INR 200 for the SC/ST/PwD/EWS Category. Use either debit, credit, or net banking to deposit the application fee.
- Copy of photographs
- Copy of signature
- Age proof
- Scanned copy of all educational certificates
- Copy of experience or work certificates
- Category certificate
IGNOU BLIS Admission Process
Indira Gandhi National Open University BLIS admission process will be available in both online and offline modes by the university for the January 2024 academic session. Applicants who are eligible to enroll in this BLIS program must complete the admission process to be considered for admission. For the IGNOU BLIS online admission applicants can visit the official portal of the university @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in and for the offline admission can visit the nearby Regional or Study centre.
IGNOU BLIS Online Admission Process
Admissions of BLIS can be applied by using the below procedure:
- Open the IGNOU website and go to “New Registration“.
- In the new registration portal, register yourself with IGNOU and get a unique ID and password.
- Using that ID and Password, log into the IGNOU admission portal.
- Select Bachelor’s Degree and Library Science Information from the sub-menu.
- An application form will open and provide educational and personal details.
- After filling out the form, pay INR 300 for registration for the BLIS program.
- Now hit the” Submit” button. Your application for BLIS will be submitted.
IGNOU BLIS Offline Process
- Collect application forms from the IGNOU authorized regional centre by raising.
- A DD of INR 200 in favor of the concerned centre.
- Aspirants can download the BLIS prospectus and application form from the portal as well.
- Complete mandatory sections of the IGNOU BLIS Offline Form.
- Attach attested documents alongside a colored photo.
- Physically submit the IGNOU BLIS form at one of the approved admission/regional centres.
- Ensure to collect the IGNOU BLIS form submission receipt.
IGNOU BLIS Assignment
30 November 2023 is the extended last date to submit the IGNOU Assignment for the BLIS program to appear in the December term-end examination. Indira Gandhi National Open University has opened the assignment submission portal for the Bachelor of Library Science. Students can submit their assignments by visiting the official website of the university and nearby regional & study centres.
If a student doesn’t submit their assignments, they can’t appear in the IGNOU December TEE examination. Students can submit the assignment by visiting the official portal or the regional centre. Students who are currently pursuing the IGNOU BLIS course need to upload their assignments before the last date mentioned as the necessary method for appearing in the IGNOU December TEE Exam.
The students can submit the assignments by either visiting the official portal or at the regional centre. Assignments and tasks are due on time and must be submitted online for the IGNOU BLIb course. The assignments account for approximately 30% of the grade. You should submit your assignments on time in order to receive a good grade.
IGNOU BLIS Exam Form
25 November 2023 is the last date to submit the IGNOU BLIS exam form with a late fee of INR 1,100 to appear in the December Term-end examination. Indira Gandhi National Open University has commenced the Master of Business Administration exam form submission for the TEE examination. Students can fill out the examination form by visiting the Regional centre of the university. IGNOU has released the tentative date sheet for the BLIS program, the exam will start from 01 December 2023 to 09 January 2024.
Indira Gandhi National Open University will announce the hall ticket/admit card. Generally, IGNOU conducts the Term-end examination in two times December and June. IGNOU BLIS Result June 2023 has been announced or released by the University, students can check their marks or performance at its official portal @ignou.ac.in
IGNOU BLIS Study Material
IGNOU BLIS program provides students with study material to help them understand course content. Students will receive the self-learning material (SLM) at their doorsteps. The university provides study material once students get admission. However, students also collect their assignments from the regional centre. Students also download the study material in PDF form from the university’s official portal @egyankosh.ac.in.
Why Choose IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Admission?
Some of the reasons for selecting IGNOU for BLIS Admission are as follows:
- BLIS is the best librarian course offered by IGNOU.
- IGNOU provides the top distance education to students.
- Provides students with an option to study a variety of courses.
- The university is affiliated with AICTE and UGC.
- Students who passed the BLIS from IGNOU are eligible to apply for government jobs.
IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science Syllabus:
|Library, Information, and Society||4|
|Information Sources and Services||4|
|Organizing and Managing Information||4|
|Management of Library and Information Centre||4|
|Document Processing: Practice||4|
|Information Products and Services||4|
|ICT in Libraries||4|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ques 1. What is the total fee of the IGNOU BLIS program?
Ans: The total fee for the BLIS course is INR 8,300.
Ques 2. What is the age limit for applying to the IGNOU BLIS course?
Ans: Yes, the candidate must be of 18 years or more to apply for this course.
Ques 3. What is the teaching method for the IGNOU BLIS course?
Ans: The program offers a distance education teaching method.
Ques 4. How much does a BLIS make in India?
Ans: There is good career scope for candidates with IGNOU BLIS, usually starting salary in India is 3.5 Lakh per annum. It could be different as per the skills and knowledge.