IGNOU MBA Admission 2022: MBA Admissions for January Session 2022 have been initiated by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). The last date to apply for an MBA course was 15 March 2022. You can apply to IGNOU’s MBA program by visiting its official web portal ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
The MBA program will help students develop their business and management skills. At IGNOU, an MBA program’s minimum and maximum duration are 2 years and 4 years, respectively. For this course, applicants must have completed a 3-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 50% marks, or 45% for the reserved category.
- IGNOU Registration will now be open until 31 March 2022 for the January 2022 admission cycle.
- IGNOU has extended the date for January 2022 Re-registration until March 31.
- IGNOU offers a wide range of distance learning and online courses. Click here for the full list.
- IGNOU has extended the deadline for June TEE 2022 & December 2021 TEE assignments Submission date, so students can submit their assignments until 15th May 2022 & 30Th April respectively.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a two-year program that includes four semesters. The total program fee is Rs. 37,800. Especially for the MBA program, students must appear for the OPENMAT Entrance Exam. Throughout the years, the university has taken the OPENMAT exam for MBA admission. But, for January Session 2022, the students are exempted from the entrance exam. In other words, the students will be selected solely based on marks scored in the last qualifying exam.
Mainly, this course teaches students how to build and manage a business. MBA is a two-year postgraduate program.
Interested candidates should read the website and all of the relevant information. The candidate should register for the course after reviewing all the information. MBA programs are divided into several specializations, including Human Resources and Financial Management, Marketing and Operations Management, and Service and Service Management.
Here is what you need to do to get into IGNOU MBA Admissions in 2022.
Students in general categories who wish to take an MBA course must possess a degree from a government-recognized university or school. Students must also have at least a 50% grade point average. To qualify for the “reserved category,” you will need at least 45% of your bachelor’s degree. Your degree should be awarded by a well-regarded university or school. A candidate for the position should have worked in the banking or financial services industry for at least two years.
If you are looking for IGNOU MBA 2022, then this article will be useful for you. It contains a complete guide about IGNOU MBA Programme, Fee Structure, Age Bar, Eligibility Criteria, Time Duration, Syllabus Structure, and many more.
IGNOU MBA Admission Highlights
|Duration of the Course||2 to 5 years|
|Entrance Required||IGNOU OPENMAT EXAM|
|Course Type||Distance Education|
|Maximum Age Requirements||No Bar|
|Eligibility||Passed graduation or equivalent|
|Application Begin||Twice a year|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU MBA Admission 2022:
The maximum duration allowed for completing the MBA course is five years. Admission to this course takes place twice a year (i.e., in Jan/Feb and September/October). Now the admissions are closed for January 2022 session, students can submit their application form by 15 March 2022.
For MBA Program, students should complete their graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university and appear for the entrance test called OPENMAT – which the IGNOU University conducts. Examination Centres are established all over India.
Why opt for IGNOU MBA Admission?
IGNOU MBA Admission provides multiple facilities and profits to the students aspiring for admission. Some of the major profits after opting for IGNOU MBA Admission are:
- No time-bound classes.
- The course fee is less in comparison to the regular mode.
- No travel is required.
- Classes can be taken from the home.
- Can pursue a regular mode course even pursuing this course.
IGNOU MBA Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for an MBA program, one must meet the eligibility criteria as listed below:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum academic eligibility is 50% marks for the general category whereas, for the reserved category, it is 45% marks.
- The selection will be based on marks obtained in the OPENMAT Entrance examination.
- There is no age bar set for MBA admission.
IGNOU MBA Fee Structure:
IGNOU MBA application and course fee have been given in the sections below.
- General category aspirants are required to deposit INR 800 for the MBA Application fee.
- Other categories can submit MBA application forms by depositing an amount of INR 600.
- MBA General course fee is INR 37,800.
MBA Fee 2022
|Master Of Business Administration||MBA||37800|
|Master Of Business Administration (Banking & Finance)||MPB||37800|
IGNOU MBA Admission Entrance Test
IGNOU MBA admission will be offered on the following entrance exams.
- OPENMAT is conducted by the IGNOU to offer admission.
- Qualified candidates in CAT, MAT, CMAT, or XAT can get direct admission.
IGNOU MBA Application Form 2022- 23 :
IGNOU MBA Application form for the two degrees program begins twice a year in July and January sessions. MBA Aspirants can apply by visiting the online admission portal of the IGNOU. The application fee for the unreserved category is INR 800.
In contrast, reserved category aspirants can receive a relaxation of INR 200. Therefore, they can deposit the amount of INR 600. The amount shall be deposited by credit card, debit card, and net banking.
To apply for the MBA program, students have to go through the points mentioned below:
- Go to the official site of IGNOU.
- Now, register yourself.
- Fill in all the personal details such as full name, email id, contact number, etc.
- Next, type in the educational information such as marks /CGPA scored in 10th/12th/Bachelor.
- Upload all the scanned documents such as mark sheets, photographs, ID proof, etc.
- Choose the MBA program under the course preference option.
- Pick the study centre as per your choice.
- Verify all the details and then sign the declaration.
- Lastly, click on the “Submit” button.
IGNOU OPENMAT Examination Form:
In order to apply for OPENMAT Examination, a candidate needs to fill an online exam form by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, visit the university’s official website.
- Now, click on the “OPENMAT Registration link”
- Provide your email id and contact number.
- Now, log in using the username received on your registered number or email id.
- Fill in the personal and academic details.
- In the next step, one has to upload all the necessary documents such as photographs, mark sheets, certificates, and so on.
- Once, you completed all the sections, the last step is to submit the fees for the examination form.
- At last, click on the “Submit” button.
To get full details of IGNOU OPENMAT Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility, Duration & Syllabus aspirants can click here.
A candidate must submit the application form to the Regional Centre along with the following list of documents:
- Copy of previous educational certificates.
- Work experience certificate
- Category credential for OBC/SC/ST candidates
- National Identity Card
- form fee of around INR. 1800/-
IGNOU MBA Admission Process 2022 -23;
- The selection process is based on the entrance examination performance of the student.
- A candidate can view their exam score from the university’s official website and the NTA website.
- This cut-off score will indicate whether you can get admission or not.
- The selection is merit-based.
OPENMAT test score of July is applicable for taking admission in the first semester of January and the second semester of July. Similarly, the score of the February test is valid for admission in the first semester of July and the second semester of January.
The evaluation scheme includes continuous evaluation and term-end examination. The continuous evaluation (assignments) contains 30% weightage, whereas the weightage of the term-end test is 70 Percent.
Why Choose IGNOU For MBA Admission?
Some of the advantages of selecting IGNOU for MBA Admission are listed below:
- India’s top National Distance University
- Allows its students to study and manage their job with ease
- Provides flexible learning
- Affordable fee
- IGNOU offers a healthy competition for its students
- The university is globally accepted
IGNOU MBA Study Materials
IGNOU MBA Study Materials are available for the aspirants online and offline. This means the students can either opt for offline/hard copies of study materials during admission registration for the program or download the same from the official portal.
The university offers the EGyankosh Portal, followed by an App for the study materials free of cost. However, those who are keen to study hard copies will need to pay more money along with the admission fee for the selected programs.
|Course code||Course Title|
|Semester -1 (7 Courses)|
|MMPC-001||Management Functions and Organisational Processes|
|MMPC-002||Human Resource Management|
|MMPC-004||Accounting for Managers|
|MMPC-005||Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications|
|Course code||Course Title|
|Semester-2 (7 Courses)|
|MMPC-008||Information Systems for Managers|
|MMPC-009||Management of Machines and Materials|
|MMPC-011||Social Processes and Behavioural Issues|
|Semester-3 (7 Courses)|
|MMPC-015||Research Methodology for Management Decisions|
|MMPC-016||International Business Management|
|MMPP-001||Project Course (Equivalent to 2 Courses)|
|Four courses from any one of the|
|Semester-4 (7 Courses)|
|MMPC-017||Advanced Strategic Management|
|MMPC-019||Total Quality Management|
|MMPC-020||Business Ethics and CSR|
|Three courses from any one of the|
Q1. How can I apply for OPENMAT?
Ans. To begin with, students have to fill out the form for the exam termed OPENMAT. Students can fill out the examination online by following the link provided for OPENMAT.
Q2. Is the IGNOU MBA degree acceptable across the nation?
Ans. Yes, IGNOU MBA degrees are acceptable across the nation.
Q3. How many questions are given in the OPENMAT exam paper?
Ans. The total number of questions in the exam paper will be 200 objective-type questions.
Q4. What will be the exam mode of OPENMAT?
Ans. The exam will be in Computer- Based Test (CBT) mode.
Q5. Is it easy to qualify OPENMAT?
Ans. OPENMAT entrance examination is easy to qualify for if a student is well prepared. Additionally, it is less difficult than other national or state-level examinations such as CAT/MAT/XAT, etc.
Q6. Can overseas students apply for IGNOU MBA?
Ans. Yes, overseas students can apply for IGNOU MBA.
Q7. How to prepare for the Open MAT Exam?
Ans. In order to qualify for the examination, students have to prepare daily. Also, they can refer to the books meant for the OPENMAT Exam only.
Q8. What is the common eligibility set for the OPENMAT examination?
Ans. Students must have applied for the IGNOU MBA program. Also, they must have filled out the examination form to appear for the entrance examination.
Q9. How many sections are there in OPENMAT?
Ans: The booklet contains four sections:
- The first section consists of 30 questions on the General Awareness subject.
- The second section is on the English Language. It contains 50 questions
- The third section is about Quantitative Aptitude. It also includes 50 questions
- The last section is on Reasoning which comprised 70 questions
Be the first to leave a review.