IGNOU MA Admission 2022: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) provides easy access to quality education and skill development to everyone online. The University offers admission to students in the Master of Arts (MA) program. One can select the specialization area according to their choice and interest. It is the best opportunity for those who cannot attend the classes physically because of their job or any other reason. Here in this article, you will get a complete guide about IGNOU MA Programme Fee Structure, the Eligibility Criteria, Age Bar, Available Medium, Time Duration, Syllabus Structure/Course Outline, and much more.
IGNOU MA Admission Highlights:
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|Course Fees||Different for each discipline|
|Maximum Age||No Bar|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|Eligibility||Passed graduation or equivalent|
|Available Medium||Hindi & English|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU MA Admission 2022:
Admissions for the MA course at IGNOU are currently open. One can apply for both the January and July sessions. At present, the admissions are open for July 2021 session till September 30, 2021. IGNOU has instigated a new postgraduate course in Cultural and Folklore Studies. The course primarily aims at geography, time, literature, and space of the culture and folklore of India and the world. To keep yourself updated with all the latest news and notifications, you are required to visit the IGNOU official website daily. The duration of the MA course is approximately two years.
IGNOU MA Admission Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who are planning to apply for IGNOU MA Admission must hold a bachelor’s degree.
IGNOU MA Fee Structure:
The Annual program fee is different for different disciplines. One can get complete information from Prospectus for July 2021 IGNOU admission or from the university’s official website. However, the candidate must submit the fee in two installments (half in the first year and the remaining half in the second year).
- The candidate can submit the fee using a debit card, net banking, credit card, ATM (PNB)
- One must take a printout of the online application form after submitting the payment successfully for future correspondence
- The fee is non-refundable
IGNOU MA Admission Process 2022-23:
One can get admission in the IGNOU MA program based on marks they obtained in the qualifying degree examination. Students need to fill the online application form for the MA program and submit it. It includes the following steps:
First Step: Registration Process
- For registration, candidates must register themselves by creating a username and password.
- After this, enter all the necessary information and select the ‘SUBMIT’ option.
- Once a candidate submits all the information, the institute will send applicants a confirmation email and SMS.
- One must remember their username and password for future logins.
Second Step: Fill the Form
Once you register yourself successfully, then fill the application form.
- First of all, log in to the page by entering the correct username and password.
- After this, fill the application form and click on the submit button.
Third Step: Upload the Documents
- Scanned signature and photograph
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Copy of all Educational Documents
- Copy of Category Certificate, if ST/SC/OBC
- Copy of experience or work certificate (optional)
- Scanned copy of BPL Certificate
Step 4: Preview
After a candidate successfully uploads all the scanned documents, the next step is to click on the ‘next button’ to preview the application.
Step 5: Fee Submission
- After a candidate submits all the details, the next step is to submit the fee.
- One can submit the program fee along with the application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking, and ATM (PNB)
- After submitting the fee successfully, candidates must take a printout of the application form for future association.
IGNOU MA Admission 2022 Selection Process:
- The selection of the students depends on the qualifying degree examination marks.
- University’s admission board releases the merit listing as per the candidate’s marks of an undergraduate degree.
- Shortlisted candidates have to report to the university with the following documents, i.e.
- Copy of ID proof.
- Copy of all the marks sheets of the UG course.
- Age proof/ 10+2 Marks Sheet.
IGNOU MA Study Material;
Students can easily download all the study material from the university’s official website free of cost. A candidate must go through all the study material to understand the course curriculum.
IGNOU MA Assignments;
Assignments carry around 30% weightage. Students must submit the assignments on time. Students can easily download the TMA every semester from the Student Zone of the University’s official website. Try to complete the assignment within the due date to get maximum marks.
Why Choose IGNOU For MA Admission?
Some of the advantages of selecting IGNOU for MA Admission are listed below:
- India’s one and only National Distance University
- Helps you to study as per your ease
- Weekend classes
- A good opportunity to get a degree from a central university
- Prominent authors write all the course content
Ques.) Is the University provides seats to overseas students?
Ans: Yes, IGNOU provides overseas admission.
Ques.) What is the Last Date to Apply for the MA course for the 2021 Batch?
Ans: The admissions for the MA course are open till September 30, 2021.
Ques.) Is it Important for candidates to create an account on IGNOU Official Website before Registration?
Ans: Yes, registering yourself by creating an account n the official website is important to fill the application form.
Ques.) Are IGNOU Programmes Recognized?
Ans: Yes, all programs are recognized by the AICTE, AIU, or by the UGC.