IGNOU MA Admission 2023: IGNOU MA admission 2023 has begun for the July 2023 session. The last date to apply is 30 June 2023 for the IGNOU MA Admission. Candidates can apply online for MA specialized programs like MA Urdu, Political Science, History, English, Sociology, and more. and visit the university’s official portal @ignou.ac.in.
IGNOU MA Re-registration has commenced for the July session 2023. 15 June 2023 is the last date for IGNOU MA re-registration students can apply before the last date at the official portal of the university @onlinerr.ac.in. IGNOU MA Assignment submission starts for June TEE, the last date was 15 May 2023.
- Admissions for the July 2023 session is open now, and students can apply for all programmes until June 30, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU Re-registration process is ongoing for July session 2023, Apply till 15 June 2023.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for June TEE 2023 until 15 May 2023.
The complete list of IGNOU MA-driven programs has been further detailed in the article.
Fresh, and re-registration for the IGNOU MA programs shall be made by following Samarth, and the Online Re-Registration portal respectively. Fresh admission will require registration followed by application form filling. The registration and first-semester fee for the MA program will need to be paid at the time of admission.
The fees of each specialized program vary i.e., INR 14,600 for MA English, and Rs 17,600 for MA Economics. One shall deposit opted course registration, and admission fees by using net banking, credit card, and debit card.
Most of the students enrolling in this master’s program are recent graduates of the arts stream. IGNOU offers MA courses to students with a bachelor’s degrees in any subject. IGNOU offers more than 12 specializations under the master programs, such as Education, Business, English, History, Development studies, Sanskrit, Urdu, and more.
IGNOU offers the various number of specializations under its various schools. Students can get a Masters’s degree in just two years. Students can enroll or apply for the MA program either in January or July. On the IGNOU website, applicants can find enrollment information.
IGNOU MA Admission Highlights
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|IGNOU MA Fees||INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 (may differ as per specializations)|
|Maximum Age||No Bar|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|Eligibility||Passed graduation or equivalent|
|Available Medium||Hindi & English|
|Apply For Admission||IGNOU Admission|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU MA Admission 2023
IGNOU MA Admission 2023 has begun in the July session. IGNOU offers MA admission in several areas of specialization through its regional centers and study centers. IGNOU accepts applications online twice yearly from students who want to enroll in the MA program. Can visit the official IGNOU email@example.com. And apply for the IGNOU MA Admission 2023 before the last date is 30 June 2023.
Students can apply for MA courses in English, History, Political science, and more. Students will be admitted to the above courses based on their performance in qualifying examinations.
Importants Date For IGNOU MA Admission 2023
|IGNOU MA Admission 2023 July Session Start||15 May 2023|
|IGNOU MA Admission 2023 July Session Last Date||30 June 2023|
|IGNOU MA Re-Registration Last Date||15 June 2023|
|IGNOU MA June TEE 2023 Exam Form Last Date||10 May 2023 (With late fee INR 1100/-)|
|IGNOU MA Assignment 2023 Last Date||15 May 2023|
|IGNOU MA June TEE 2023 Exam||01 June 2023 to 07 July 2023|
The subjects list differs for each Indira Gandhi National Open University MA specialization. The University provides more than 14+ specializations. The general IGNOU MA Subject topics are Public Systems Management, International Trade, and Finance, Life Span Psychology & more.
IGNOU MA Fees is INR 14,600 (vary as per discipline). Students who are looking to take IGNOU MA admission must be a graduate in any field from a university that is well-recognized to be able to take the course.
Registration Fee: Each student must pay 300 rupees regardless of whether they are from a general, sc, or st category. Registration fees are not refundable.
- Applicants must ensure that they check the eligibility criteria which are set for the students for the admission procedure.
- For all MA specializations, the application fee is the same.
IGNOU does not conduct any entrance exam for the MA admission or other programs offered under distance education and Online learning mode. Only based marks secured at the graduation level are required. So it is recommended that applicants must check their eligibility.
IGNOU MA Admission Eligibility Criteria:
For the IGNOU MA admission students must have clear the following eligibility requirements before filling out the MA admission form. Admission eligibility for the IGNOU MA Courses is required as follows:
- Those who have passed Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent Examination in a relevant subject/s must apply for an MA course.
- Students should get 50% marks in the final year, and for the reserved category, there is 5% relaxation, and the marks like 45% are required to obtain.
- No specific percentage is required for admission.
IGNOU MA Course Duration
The duration of the IGNOU MA course is 2 years. However, students can take up to 4 years to complete the MA course. The master of Arts program is divided into 4 semesters, each semester is 6 months long. Students can register for the course at any time of the year.
The following are the eligibility criteria for admission to the MA course at IGNOU:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.
- English is a compulsory subject for all students.
IGNOU MA Course Structure
For its Master’s Degree Programme, Indira Gandhi National Open University uses a credit system. All learning activities are included in one credit, which equals 30 hours of study. 4 credits require 120 study hours, 6 credits require 180 study hours, and 10 credits require 300 study hours. You will need to earn 66 credits over a period of 2 to 5 years, depending on your convenience, to successfully complete the Masters’s program.
IGNOU MA Fees
Most students search for the IGNOU MA Fee structure. This is two years duration master’s program. We mentioned below the fee structure of MA. Students can read the following part carefully.
- The registration fee for the IGNOU MA Fees two-year degree program is INR 300.
- Reserved/Other categories are exempted from the IGNOU MA registration fee.
- IGNOU MA History, Hindi, Public Administration Complete fees are INR 14,600.
- Students are required to pay a total fee of INR 19,200 for the IGNOU MA Psychology program.
- The course fee is paid on a semester/year basis. Total course fee divided by the number of semesters.
- Students can submit the fee using a debit card, net banking, credit card, or ATM (PNB).
- One must take a printout of the online application form after submitting the payment successfully for future correspondence.
- The fee is non-refundable.
IGNOU MA Fee Structure 2023
|IGNOU MA Courses List with Fee Structure|
|Course Name||Course Code||Course Fee|
|Master of Arts (Jyotish)||MAJY||Rs. 12,600|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||MHD||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Sustainability Science)||MASS||Rs. 14,000|
|Master of Arts (Drawing and Painting)||MADP||Rs.16,500|
|Master of Arts (Philosophy)||MAPY||Rs. 14,000|
|Master of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication )||MAJMC||Rs. 25,600|
|Master of Arts Urdu||MAUD||Rs. 12,600|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||MSK||Rs. 14,000|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||MAEC||Rs. 17,600|
|Master of Arts (Folklore and Culture Studies||MAFCS||Rs. 12,000|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||MPS||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Translation Studies)||MATS||Rs. 12,000|
|Master of Arts (Sociology)||MSO||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Urban Studies)||MAUS||Rs. 14,400|
|Master of Arts in (Arabic)||MAARB||Rs. 10,800|
|Master of Arts (Psychology)||MAPC||Rs. 19,200|
|Master of Arts in (Hindi Vyavsayik Lekhan)||MAHV||Rs. 14,000|
|Master of Arts (Environmental and Occupational Health)||MAEOH||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Entrepreneurship)||MAER||Rs. 15,000|
|Master of Arts (Gandhi and Peace Studies)||MGPS||Rs. 12,000|
|Master of Arts (History)||MAHI||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Adult Education)||MAAE||Rs. 15,000|
|Master of Arts (Public Administration)||MPA||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Corporate Social Responsibility)||MACSR||Rs. 15,000|
|Master of Arts (Gender and Development Studies)||MAGD||Rs. 12,000|
|Master of Arts (Education)||MAEDU||Rs. 18,600|
|Master of Arts (English)||MEG||Rs. 14,600|
|Master of Arts (Women and Gender Studies)||MAWGSR||Rs. 14,400|
|Master of Arts (Distance Education)||MADE||Rs. 12,600|
|Master of Arts (Development Studies)||MADVS||Rs. 12,600|
|Master of Arts in Vedic Studies||MAVS||Rs. 14,000|
|Master of Arts (Rural Development)||MARD||Rs. 13,600|
|Master of Arts (Anthropology)||MAAN||Rs. 17,800|
IGNOU MA Application Form 2023
- IGNOU released the application form for the MA program in the July session of 2023. Students apply for the IGNOU MA course before the last date 30 June 2023.
- As far as the application form fee is concerned, relaxation has been given to some reserved categories. For the general category, it is Rs 300, and Rs 200 for a reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC.
- IGNOU MA all specializations are offered in January and July sessions except MA in Adult Education.
Students can fill out the IGNOU MA admission form online at the official website. Most of the students prefer online methods over offline as it is easy and less time-consuming. The application form process generally begins with the “registration process” in which students must register themselves.
After that, the application form-filling process starts where students must provide their information. In addition, one must have the required documents (such as scanned mark sheets, certificates, etc.) ready while filling out the application form. Applicants can use the IGNOU website to fill out the application.
IGNOU MA Admission Process 2023
Students can apply for IGNOU MA admission it is based on the marks they obtained in their qualifying degree examination to qualify for admission. A student must fill out and submit the online application form for the IGNOU MA admission submit it as soon as possible. Several steps need to be followed to complete it:
First Step: Registration Process
- For registration, candidates must create a username and password.
- After this, enter all the necessary information and select the ‘SUBMIT’ option.
- Once a candidate submits all the information, they will receive a confirmation email and SMS from the university.
- One must remember their username and password for future logins.
Second Step: Fill out the Form
Fill out the application form after completing the registration process.
- First of all, log in to the page by entering the correct username and password.
- After this, fill out the application form and click on the “Submit” button.
Third Step: Upload the Documents
- Scanned signature and photograph
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Copy of all Educational Documents
- Copy of Category Certificate, if ST/SC/OBC
- Copy of experience or work certificate (optional)
- Scanned copy of BPL Certificate
Step 4: Preview
After a candidate successfully uploaded all the scanned documents, the next step is to click on the ‘next button to preview the application.
Step 5: IGNOU MA Fees
- After a candidate submits all the details, the next step is to submit the fee.
- One can submit the program fee along with the application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking, and ATM (PNB)
- After submitting the fee successfully for IGNOU MA admission, candidates must take a printout of the application form for future associations.
IGNOU MA Admission 2023 Selection Process
- IGNOU MA Admission 2023 is based on previous qualifying degree exam performance.
- The admission committee of IGNOU publishes the merit list based on the candidate’s UG grade point average.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must appear in person with all necessary documentation at the institution’s appropriate Regional or Study Center.
- Copy of ID proof.
- Copy of all the marks sheets of the UG course.
- Age proof/ 10+2 Marks Sheet.
- Also, if candidates apply online at @ignou.ac.in they can simply upload the scanned copy of each document mentioned above at the time of registration.
IGNOU MA Specializations:
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers 22 specializations that can be studied under the Master of Arts program. Master of Arts programs primarily provides knowledge about the specialization topics.
- Economics: This course deals with the concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics. The total fee ranges from Rs. 17,600/-
- English: By joining this course, students engage in British poetry, Australian Literature, Drama, Novels, English writing, and many more. The course fee is Rs. 14,600/-
- Political Science: This course aims to impart sound knowledge about national politics, international politics, and government policies. For this program, the fee ranges from Rs. 14,600/-
- Rural development: This program aims to empower the students to uplift rural society and contribute to the country’s overall social growth. The course fee for MA in Rural Development is Rs.13,600/-
- Education: MA in Education emphasizes the importance of learning and education and builds teaching and pedagogical skills. This entire program will cost Rs 18,600/-
- Philosophy: Master of Arts in Philosophy intends to provide extensive knowledge related to Human Values, Moral Laws, Self Actualization, Personal Identity, and Indian And Western Philosophy. The fee for MA in Philosophy is Rs. 14,600/-
- Journalism & Mass Communication: The course involves the study of various means of media such as television, radio, newspaper, and many more. MA in Journalism and Mass Communication program fee is Rs. 25,600/-
- Sociology: Sociology is the study of social-related topics such as human interaction, culture, and religion. For the full program, the students will have to pay Rs 14,600/-
- Psychology: In this course, students learn about the human brain, its functions, and processes. The total fee for MA in Psychology is Rs 19,200/-
- History: This course aims to impart knowledge about Indian history and civilization. Concerning the fee structure for MA in History, it is Rs 14,000/-
- Gandhi & Peace Studies: Master’s in Gandhi & Peace Studies empowers the students about Gandhian Studies. For this MA program, one has to pay a fee of Rs 12,000/-
- Anthropology: The course involves the concepts of human development, growth, ethnography, gender, and society. The course fee ranges from Rs.17,800/-
- Public Administration: Master of Arts in Public Administration is offered by IGNOU for a total fee of Rs 14,600 and Rs 7,300 per year. To enroll in this program, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, it is available in 2 languages English and Hindi. This Master of Public Administration course lasts a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 4 years.
- Urdu: This MA course specialization is offered by IGNOU with a total fee of Rs 12,600. One must hold a bachelor’s degree, seats will be allotted directly without any entrance examination.
All the course fees mentioned above have been verified from the IGNOU’s official prospectus.
IGNOU MA Study Material:
IGNOU MA Study materials are the learning material that enables students to have proper knowledge about the course in detail. For the ease of the students, the university sends the study material by post to the registered address. Soft copies are also made available for the learners. Students can download the IGNOU MA Study Material by visiting the official website of IGNOU University. Click Here to download.
IGNOU MA Assignments
IGNOU releases the last date for submitting the IGNOU MA Assignment for appearing in the June 2023 TEE. Students currently pursuing a course from IGNOU must either visit an IGNOU study center or upload their assignments through the official portal for assignment submission by 15 May 2023.
Assignments carry around 30% weightage in the result. Both the Assignment and the Term End Examination are counted separately. As a result, passing marks are required on both tests. The importance of submitting assignments on time cannot be overstated. You can download a copy from the Student Zone on the University’s official website.
IGNOU MA Term End Examination
Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts the Term-End Examination two times a year. The marks have been divided into two categories: “Examination” and “Assignment”. The examination carries 70% marks, and the assignment covers the rest of the 30%. The varsity gives a second chance to the students who failed or missed the examination.
Such students can reappear for the next subsequent examination either in June or December within the specified duration of the program. The Examination date sheet has been released for IGNOU MA June TEE 2023, and students can fill out the exam form before 10 May 2023 for June TEE 2023 with a late fee of INR 1100/- till 06:00 PM.
IGNOU has announced the MA June Term-end examination it started on 01 June 2023 and ends on 07 July 2023, we mentioned the datasheet below students can check the details.
IGNOU MA Date Sheet
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the MA courses date sheet for June 2023 TEE. And according to the final date sheet, The conduction of the MA term-end examination will take place from 01 June 2023 to 07 July 2023.
- The date may change for all the MA course specializations; new or updated will be notified at the official IGNOU portal.
- IGNOU released the Hall ticket for the June TEE 2023. Students can click here to download it.
Why Choose IGNOU For MA Admission?
Some of the advantages of selecting IGNOU for MA Admission are listed below:
- India’s one and only National Distance University
- Helps you to study at your ease
- Weekend classes
- A good opportunity to get a degree from a central university
- All the course content was written by prominent authors.
IGNOU MA Economics Syllabus
|Sl. No||Course Code||Title of the course||Credits|
|3||MEC–103||Quantitative Methods for Economic Analysis||6|
|4||MEC–004||Economics of Growth and Development||6|
|5||MEC–105||Indian Economic Policy||6|
|Second Year Courses|
|7||MEC-007||International Trade and Finance||6|
|8||MEC–108||Economics of Social Sector and Environment||6|
|9||MEC–109||Research Methods in Economics||6|
|11||MECE–003||Actuarial Economics: Theory and Practice||6|
|12||MECE–004||Financial Institutions and Markets||6|
|13||MECP- 101||Project Work||6|
|14||MGSE-009||Gender Issues in work employment and Productivity||4|
|15||MWG-011||Women in the Economy||8|
|16||MEDSE-046||Development: Issues and Prospectives||6|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q 1. What are the specializations offered under IGNOU MA?
Ans. There are more than 10 specializations offered under IGNOU MA.
Q 2. Can a student opt for both Diploma and MA at the same time?
Ans. Yes. A student can opt for both a Diploma and MA together.
Q 3. What is the validity of an IGNOU MA degree?
Ans. IGNOU MA degree is valid across the globe.
Q 4. What is the selection process for MA aspirants in IGNOU?
Ans. For MA admission, students are selected based on the marks scored in the previous examination.
Q 5. What is the learning method followed by IGNOU for an MA course?
Ans. MA courses are offered for distance learning mode; however, students are provided with study materials to explore the topics covered in the curriculum. Apart from it, the weekend classes solve the student’s doubts.
Q 6. What will be the available career options for MA graduates from IGNOU?
Ans. MA graduates from IGNOU can have various career opportunities in the government and private sectors.
Q 7. Is the University provides seats to overseas students?
Ans: Yes, IGNOU provides seats to overseas students.
Q 8. Is it important for candidates to create an account on IGNOU Official Website before Registration?
Ans: Yes, registering by creating an account on the official website is important to fill out the application form.
Q 9. Are IGNOU Programmes valuable?
Ans: Yes, all the programs are recognized by the AICTE, AIU, or by UGC. Moreover, they are acceptable in India as well as Abroad.
Q 10. Is IGNOU MA good?
Ans: Yes. University is Approved by UGC and AICTE worldwide approve, And it became significant enough for whatever degree attained. So an IGNOU MA is beneficial.
Q 11. IGNOU MA Political Science Difficult ?
Ans: IGNOU’s MA in Political Science is one of the most famous courses offered by IGNOU. The course is vast and challenging, and hard to learn. So many pupils fail annually. After graduation, lucrative opportunities get jobs in news, education, study, journalism, etc.
Q 12. What is the last date for IGNOU MA 2nd Year Admission 2023?
Ans: 15 June 2023 is the last date for IGNOU MA 2nd Year Admission 2023.
Q 13. Can I do PhD after completing MA from IGNOU?
Ans: Yes, after completing a Master’s degree from IGNOU, you will be considered eligible to pursue Ph.D.