IGNOU Online BLIS Admission | Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee & Admission: The Indira Gandhi National Open University, with over 4 million students across the globe, is known for its reputation for providing quality Bachelors, Masters, and many professional courses. Recently it has included BLIS online Admission for the curious candidates who wish to study online.
The BLIS Online Admission comprises nine courses, and these courses have been separated into two parts, one in Practical and the second in theory. These five courses (BLI 224, BLIE 225, BLIE 227, BLIE 228, and BLIE 229) have a practical component, and the other four courses (BLI 221, BLI 222, BLI 223, and BLI 226) stands for the theory.
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online BLIS Admission|
|Minimum Duration||1 year|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|Course Fee||6000 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Limit|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission
To take Admission to BLIS Online Admission, one needs to have a bachelor’s degree with a diploma of at least one year in library science. The admission for this course happens twice a year, one in January and the second in July Session.
Follow the instruction below for Admission.
- Open the official website of IGNOU
- Go to the Academic Counselor portal
- Click over register yourself
- Once the next page open
- Fill out details such as Name, Father’s name, Pan Number, Email id, etc.
- Submit the button
- Go to the home page, and log in
- Once the log-in has been done, a dashboard will appear containing the candidate’s detail.
- Click over New Application and then Agree, and Continue
- Enter the details of the Admission along with personal and educational details
- Fill the employment & experience details further
- Upload necessary documents, photographs, with signature
- Before submitting, a candidate needs to review, and if satisfied, click on the Final Submit button.
- Bachelor’s degree with diploma in Library Science of one year, or Bachelor’s Degree of Library, and Infomation center with 2-year work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 % marks obtained ( General Category )
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 45 % marks obtained ( SC/ST/OBC/PH Category )
- Languages: English; however, students can write their assignments and term-end examinations in Hindi also.
- Minimum period: 1 Year
- Maximum period: 2 Years
IGNOU BLIS Online Admission Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 7,200 per Per year
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 13,000 Per Year
- FOR NON-SAARC students INR 36, 765 Per Year
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission Syllabus:
|Library Information and Society||BLI-221||4|
|Information Sources and Services||BLI-222||4|
|Organizing and Managing Information||BLI-223||4|
|Management of Library and Information Centre||BLIE-226||4|
|Document Processing: Practice||BLIE-227||4|
|Information Products and Services||BLIE-228||4|
|ICT in Libraries||BLIE-229||4|
Benefits of IGNOU Online BLIS Admission
Once students have completed the course, then they are eligible to get jobs in the following sectors:
- Govt library
- Private library
- News agencies
- Other govt undertaking Organisation
A candidate can reach the below-mentioned concerned person for this Admission.
Professor Jaideep Sharma
The completion of the BLIS Online Admission does not restrict the candidates, but it allows the window to open even more widely through the introduction of the MLIS Admission.
The candidates can pursue as well as work without facing a headache.
Centre for Online Education (COE)
Block-17, Room. No. 04,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Contact No: 011-2957-2322