IGNOU Online BLIS Admission: IGNOU started online Mode for Bachelors of Library and Information Science. This program is helpful for students who want to complete their academic studies by residing anywhere in India. The admission process has started for the students, and the last date of admission is 31st January 2022.
The BLIS Online Admission comprises nine courses, and these courses have been separated into two parts, one in Practical and the second in theory. These five courses (BLI 224, BLIE 225, BLIE 227, BLIE 228, and BLIE 229) have a practical component, and the other four courses (BLI 221, BLI 222, BLI 223, and BLI 226) stands for the theory.
- IGNOU released a notice regarding fresh admission in the BLIS Online programme for the January 2022 Session. Students must have to submit their application form before January 31, 2022. (source)
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online BLIS Admission|
|Minimum Duration||1 year|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|Course Fee||6000 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Limit|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission
B.LIS Online admissions 2022 are open now for the students who want to enroll themselves. All instructions are provided by IGNOU, which students should go through before enrolling, and students must complete the registration before the deadlines. The admission for this course happens twice a year, one in January and the second in July Session.
To take Admission to BLIS Online Admission, one needs to have a bachelor’s degree with a diploma of at least one year in library science.
- Bachelor’s degree with diploma in Library Science of one year, or Bachelor’s Degree of Library, and Infomation center with 2-year work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 % marks obtained ( General Category )
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 45 % marks obtained ( SC/ST/OBC/PH Category )
- Languages: English; however, students can write their assignments and term-end examinations in Hindi also.
- Minimum period: 1 Year
- Maximum period: 2 Years
IGNOU BLIS Online Admission Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 7,900/- Per year
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 13,000 Per Year
- FOR NON-SAARC students USD ($) 500.00/- for Per Year
IGNOU Online B.LIS Admission Procedure:
- Students need to visit the official admission link – https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in/.
- Here, all instructions are provided, students can go through it.
- In the same box, a small Fresh Admission button is which a student needs to click.
- By clicking on this box, there will be a new tab opening, and students need to fill in all the required details.
- Students will get an ID and Password, which students should remember or save for future reference.
- After this step, students will have to fill all the admission details.
- From personal details to educational details, all information must be filled with accuracy.
- Students need to upload all documents and certificates for verification.
- Also, don’t hurry. Fill in all the details without any error.
- The last step that will complete your registration is the fee part.
- The payment can be made through Card/Net Banking/ UPI.
IGNOU Online BLIS Admission Syllabus:
|Library Information and Society||BLI-221||4|
|Information Sources and Services||BLI-222||4|
|Organizing and Managing Information||BLI-223||4|
|Management of Library and Information Centre||BLIE-226||4|
|Document Processing: Practice||BLIE-227||4|
|Information Products and Services||BLIE-228||4|
|ICT in Libraries||BLIE-229||4|
Benefits of IGNOU Online BLIS Admission
Once students have completed the course, then they are eligible to get jobs in the following sectors:
- Govt library
- Private library
- News agencies
- Other govt undertaking Organisation
A candidate can reach the below-mentioned concerned person for this Admission.
Professor Jaideep Sharma
Conclusion: IGNOU BLIS Online Programme
The completion of the BLIS Online Admission does not restrict the candidates, but it allows the window to open even more widely through the introduction of the MLIS Admission.
The candidates can pursue as well as work without facing a headache.
Centre for Online Education (COE)
Block-17, Room. No. 04,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Contact No: 011-2957-2322
Be the first to leave a review.