IGNOU BSW Admission 2022: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various programs in distance mode. Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) is one of the courses designed for the students who are more inclined to social work and activities. This is a 3 years undergraduate program. The university has started taking applications for the January session 2022. The last date of online application form submission without late fee is 31 January 2022.
It is a great privilege to help underprivileged and illiterate people. After completing this course, one can contribute to eradicating other social issues from the country. To know more about the course, students must read the complete article. Further details have been outlined in the upcoming sections.
IGNOU BSW Admission Latest Updates:
- IGNOU BSW Admission 2021 January Session Online Application form submission is started and the last date to apply is 31 January 2022. Click Here
- The Last date of Re-registration for January Session 2022 is now 31 January 2022. Click here
- IGNOU assignment submission December TEE 2021 was 5 February 2022.
IGNOU BSW Admission Highlights
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Course Fee||INR 17400-/-|
|Maximum Duration||6 years|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 12th or BPP from some recognized board or college|
|Available Medium||Hindi and English|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU BSW Admission 2022
IGNOU offers a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) which is a three years full-time program. This course is specially designed for students interested in working in the social and social welfare sectors. Focusing on the eligibility criteria, students who have completed 10+2 or BPP from recognized universities are eligible to apply for BSW programs. To apply for this course, one must check out the official website, where the students will get the registration or application form link. Also, there is no fee for the application form.
IGNOU BSW Admission Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for this course, the students must have cleared 10+2 from some recognized board or college.
- Students who have completed BPP from IGNOU are also eligible for this course.
- The applicants belonging to reserved classes like ST/SC with at least 40% marks at the 10+2 level are also eligible to apply for this program.
IGNOU BSW Fee Structure :
The student needs to submit the fee in 3 years. The total program fee is INR 17,400. A candidate needs to offer INR 5800 for the first year as well as the second and third years. IGNOU accepts online payment.
IGNOU BSW Application Form 2022 :
Applicants who fulfil the eligibility criterion to apply for the BSW program must go through the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open the university’s official website of IGNOU and select the Menu Tab.
- The next task is to pick the “Register Online” choice and trail the instructions for successful form submission.
- Once the admission portal gets open, press on New Registration, and you will move towards the registration area.
- Now start filling the application form. Provide all the details one by one.
- After this, press the login option and complete the form. Enter all the course details and upload all your documents one by one.
- After this, press the submit option. By doing this, the candidate will submit the form.
IGNOU BSW Syllabus:
The BSW course is especially for those students who are fascinated by social work and want to work for the betterment of society. Students can easily complete this course in 3 years. Students can get a complete admission-related guide from the website and prospectus. The students with a BSW degree can work in different areas, i.e., health care department, counselling, children, education department, industry sector, disability, and more. The BSW program comprises three key components. These are as follows:
|1. Foundation Course in Humanities and Social Sciences (BSHF-101)||8|
|2. Foundation Course in English 1 or Hindi 2 (FEG-l or FHD-2)||4|
|3. Foundation Course in English or Foundation Course in Hindi (FEG-2 or BHDF-101or Modem Indian Language [MIL]: anyone)||4|
|4. Introduction to Social Work (BSWE-01)||8|
|5. Social work Practicum-l (BSWL-01)||8|
|1. Foundation Course in Science and Technology (FST-01)||8|
|2. Social Work Intervention with individuals and groups (BSWE- 02)||8|
|3. Social Work Practicum-II (BSWL-02)||8|
|4. Introduction to Family Life Education (BSWE-04)||8|
|1. Social Work intervention with communities and institutions (BSWE -03)||8|
|2. Social Work Practicum-1II (BSWL -03)||8|
|3. Introduction to HIV/ AIDS (BSWE-05)||8|
|4. Substance Abuse and Counselling (BSWE-06)||8|
|Total credits: 32 × 3 = 96|
IGNOU BSW Study material;
All the study material of the course is available on the website online. The students can easily download the material from there and get a brief idea about the course. The complete course outline or syllabus for the BSW course is separated into a yearly-wise prototype. The university provides open access to this helping material to candidates free of cost.
Why Choose IGNOU BSW Admission 2022?
Some major advantages of selecting IGNOU for BSW Admission are listed below:
- IGNOU is India’s top National Distance University and is approved by UGC.
- The university provides easy access to all the course content and syllabus free of cost.
- All the programs are affordable.
- The university allows students to study with ease.
Ques: How many times is the admission is conducted in an IGNOU BSW Admission 2022 course in a year?
Ans: Each year the university opens admission for this program two times. Applicants can submit the form online and register for the program.
Ques: What is the total duration of the IGNOU BSW course from IGNOU?
Ans: The time required to complete the BSW program from IGNOU University is between 3 to 6 years.
Ques: What must does the BSW program cost?
Ans: The total program fee is around INR 17,400. The students must pay the fee in three-year instalments.
Be the first to leave a review.