IGNOU Courses List 2024: Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU, offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, 60+ certificates, 20+ diplomas, and more degree programs in distance mode. Apart from open and distance courses, IGNOU also welcomes students to some highly recommended online programs. The online, and ODL programs of IGNOU are heavily offered on academic performance rather than entrance test inclusion. The list of entrance test-based programs is pretty small such as Ph.D., BSc Nursing, B.Ed, etc.
The programs in the distance education mode are available in arts and humanities, commerce, science, library and information science, social work, business, language, and other disciplines. While the online degree programs are adorned with some selected branches, i.e., commerce, language, arts, science, digital media, and so on.
- IGNOU released the Hall Ticket for the December Term-end examination, students can download the admit card by visit the official portal @ignou.ac.in.
- IGNOU has released the date sheet for the December Term End Examination 2023.
- IGNOU has extended the exam form last date to 25 November 2023 with a late fee of INR 1100 for December Term End Examination 2023.
Besides some academically demanding courses, the university does not disappoint any in being short of providing a comprehensive technical and skill-based education through professionally curated degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
The best options to look at the Indira Gandhi National Open University in ODL mode are BCom, BA in English (H), MBA, MCA, and so forth. If you are someone interested in online education, you can pursue short-term to long-term programs, i.e., certificates in French, BCA, MJMC, MCA, MBA, and more.
Are you looking for a complete IGNOU course list for 2024? This article will satisfy your requirements and provide you with extensive and valuable information in the form of eligibility criteria, fees, and much more.
IGNOU has launched 11 new courses, 3 specialized master’s degree courses in Journalism or PG Diploma in Journalism, 1 certificate course (CBKG), 4 PG Diploma courses in Management, and 1 PGD in Geoinformatics. For the January 2024 academic session, candidates can enroll themselves in these IGNOU courses.
The registration process for IGNOU-offered courses can be completed online. Samarth Portal will be available for candidates who wish to register for distance courses. Online program applicants must follow the IGNOU IOP Portal if they wish to enter an online program.
To handle the offered programs, the university has 22 Schools of Studies, namely: School of Agriculture, School of Computer & Information Sciences, School of Education, School of Law, School of Sciences, and many more.
Recently, IGNOU has added several fresh courses in an online mode such as MCA, BCA, MBA, Certificate in French, & Spanish, etc. Some recently added IGNOU ODL programs are PGDRD, DHORT, MSC FSQM, etc.
NCTE and AICTE are approving the IGNOU for providing courses. It offers about 281 programs at various levels of study. By offering its students top-notch study materials, the Indira Gandhi National Open University has been successful in increasing the bar for higher education in the nation. With a focus on learner-centric education, the university has developed several modular academic UG, PG & Diploma programs to offer a flexible learning environment.
IGNOU Online Courses Updates: There is a wide range of online academic courses offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University. For example, IGNOU Online PGDEOH, IGNOU Online MAJMC.
IGNOU Courses 2024
Indira Gandhi National Open University comes up every year twice for various courses at certificate, diploma, and degree at undergraduate, and postgraduate levels. This section brings the significant details of courses and their fees to one stage the help aspiring individuals learn the details without difficulty. Have a look at some of the courses in the following sections.
- Doctoral Programs
- Master of Philosophy
- PG Diploma
- PG Diploma and Advanced Diploma
- PG Diploma and Advanced Certificate
IGNOU New Courses List 2024
IGNOU launched the five skill-based UG programs for Agniveers of the Indian Air Force, Army, and Navy. Programmes are the following BAAS: Bachelor of Arts (Applied Skills), BAASTM: Bachelor of Arts (Applied Skills) Tourism Management, BAASMSME: Bachelor of Arts (Applied Skills) MSME, BCOMAS (Bachelor of Commerce (Applied Skills), and BSCAS: Bachelor of Science (Applied Skills).
IGNOU recently launched PG Diploma in Environmental Studies for the July and January sessions. The goal of this program is to generate awareness of environmental issues on a wide scale. According to IGNOU, the new program will offer lateral entry into MA (Environmental Studies).
Indira Gandhi National Open University announced the new Post Graduate Diploma in Service Management (PGDSM) in the January and July academic sessions. Those candidates interested can submit the registration form for this program through the official website.
IGNOU Chennai RC will offer the new courses BA (Journalism and Digital Media), a PGDSM, and MSc in (Geography, Physics, Applied Statistics, and Geoinformatics).
IGNOU recently launched a New Agriculture Course, joined hands with ICMAI, and signed a MOU to offer Diploma in Agriculture and Cost Management course.
Indira Gandhi National Open University launched courses, their names are mentioned below.
- MA in Journalism and Electronic Media (MAJEM)
- MA in Journalism and Digital Media (MAJDM)
- MA in Environmental Studies (MAEVS)
- MA in Sustainability Science (MASSOL)
- PG Diploma in Advertising and Integrated Communication (PGDAIC)
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDIMM)
- PG Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- PG Diploma in Operations Management (PGDIOM)
- PG Diploma in Environment Management and Law (PGDEML)
- PG Diploma in Geoinformatics (PGDGI)
- Certificate Course in Indian Time Reckoning (CBKG)
- MBA ODL mode
- MBA in (Banking & Finance)-MBF
- MBA in (Human Resources Management)- MBAHM
- MBA in (Financial Management)-MBAFM
- MBA in (Marketing Management)-MBAMM
- MBA in (Operations Management)-MBAOM
- MBA in (Online)-MBAOL
IGNOU UG Courses List
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a variety of Undergraduate programs in multiple disciplines via distance or online modes. UG courses at IGNOU are provided in the Arts, Science, Management, Computer Science, and Commerce streams. The duration of IGNOU UG courses is a minimum of 4 years and a max of 6 years. The most popular courses are given below in this article.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): Bachelor of Arts at IGNOU has various specializations, such as tourism studies, facility & service management, general studies, vocational studies, economics, history, English, political science, and more. The fee for the BA degree program ranges from INR 12,000 to INR 14,000.
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) program offers several specializations. Interested candidates may like to apply for BCom accountancy & finance, BCom general, and so on. The fee for IGNOU BCom degree programs ranges from INR 8,100 to INR 12,000.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Bachelor of Science (BSc) program offered by IGNOU in various specializations. Those candidates are interested and want to enroll in BSc General, BSc in Anthropology, BSc in Biochemistry, and more. The fee for IGNOU BSc courses starts from INR 16,500 to INR 43,000.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Bachelor of Business Administration program in several specializations such as a BBA in Service Management and a BBA in Retailing. The fee for the BBA program at the IGNOU starts from INR 10,000 to INR 20,000/ per year.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA): Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Bachelor of Computer Applications program in two academic sessions January & July. The academic fee for the BCA program is INR 7,700 per semester fee and the fee for the full program is INR 46,200.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW): Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Bachelor of Social Work in the January and July academic sessions each year. The academic fee of the BSW program at IGNOU is INR 6,100 per year and the total fee is INR 18,300/. To apply for BSW courses applicants must have 10+2 from any recognized board.
|Bachelor of Arts||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Bachelor of Arts (Facility and Services Management)||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Bachelor of Arts (Vocational Studies) Tourism Management||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|Bachelor of Arts (Vocational Studies) Micro Small and Medium Enterprises||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|BA (Gender Studies)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|B.A. in Applied Sanskrit||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Hindi|
|B.A. in Applied Hindi||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Hindi|
|B.A. in Applied Urdu||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Urdu|
|BACHELOR (HONOURS) DEGREE PROGRAMMES|
|B.A. (Honours) Economics||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. (Honours) History||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. (Honours) Political Science||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. (Honours) Psychology||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. (Honours) Public Administration||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. (Honours) Sociology||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|B.A. in English (Honours)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|B.A. in Hindi (Honours)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Hindi|
|B.A. in Sanskrit (Honours)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Hindi|
|B.A. in Urdu (Honours)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Urdu|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts – Hindustani Music (Honours)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||Hindi|
|Bachelor of Science||10+2 with science subjects or its equivalent qualification||
English & Hindi
|Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Anthropology)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English and Hindi
|Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Biochemistry)||10 + 2 pass (or equivalent from other recognized Boards) with science subjects, namely, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics||
English and Hindi
|Bachelor of Business Administration||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Services Management)||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English & Hindi
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences||Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks for General and 45% for the SC/ST/OBC/PH.||
English. Students can write assignments and TEE in Hindi
|Bachelor of Social Work||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English & Hindi
|Bachelor of Commerce||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English & Hindi
|Bachelor of Commerce with a Major in Accountancy and Finance||10+2 or it’s equivalent||
English & Hindi
IGNOU PG Courses List
Indira Gandhi National Open University provides postgraduate courses in different disciplines like management, science, arts & journalism. All the programs are available in distance, regular, and online modes. It is interesting to note that the university keeps updating the list of IGNOU Online Courses.
Recently, the university has added a few courses such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) and MA (Journalism and Mass Comm.) to the list of IGNOU Online courses. For more details visit the official website @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
- Master of Arts (MA): The MA degree at IGNOU is available in the following variants such as political science, history, sociology, English, public administration, economics, Hindi, and so on. The fee for the PG degree programs in arts ranges from INR 14,000 to INR 19,000 at IGNOU.
- Master of Arts Journalism and Mass Communication (MAJMC): Master’s degrees in Journalism and Mass Communication focus on developing skilled human resources in the areas of media and communication. It provides them with a holistic understanding of the media as a tool for societal change and development.
- The MAJMC program lasts two years, and candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any specialization to be eligible. Direct entry to the second year of MAJMC is available to students who have completed the PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC) from IGNOU. The fee for this program is INR 12,500 per year plus the 300 registration fee.
- Master of Commerce: IGNOU offers MCom program in two academic sessions (January & July). It’s a 2 years duration program. MCom degree is ideal for candidates seeking a career in Banking, Accounting, Financial, or Investment. Economics and business knowledge are essential for students.
- Master of Business Administration: Indira Gandhi National Open University has offered the MBA program in two academic sessions in January and July. The duration of this program is 2 years. MBA degree for those candidates who are seeking a career in the management field. The university offers MBA in various specializations.
- Master of Science: Indira Gandhi National Open University has offered the MSc program in two academic sessions in January and July. University offers the MSc program in 10+ specializations. The duration of this program is 2 years. MSc degree for those applicants who are seeking a career in the science field.
IGNOU Courses Eligibility Criteria (UG, PG, Diploma)
Depending on the courses, the eligibility criteria also vary across the programs. Based on the program level, the common eligibility criteria are as follows:
Ph.D.: Aspirants should have earned a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
UG: Those who have passed 10+2/ BPP from IGNOU are required to apply for the UG Program
PG: To opt for a PG program, one should hold a UG degree from a valued university. However, some courses prefer a Bachelor’s degree with PG Diploma/ Diploma in the relevant discipline.
Diploma: Some diploma courses can be opted for by 10th passed-out students. At the same time, some of them are open to Graduates only. Apart from minimum educational qualification, subject requirements vary across the diploma programs.
Certificate: As per the chosen certificate level program, the minimum eligibility differs accordingly. Some courses are designed only for Graduates, while some require 12th/10th/8th standard students.
PG Diploma: Any graduate student is eligible for the PG Diploma program.
Courses List Offered by IGNOU
|Course Name||Course URL|
|IGNOU BBA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU BCA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU BA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU MA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU MA in Psychology Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU DNHE Course||Click Here|
IGNOU Distance Courses 2024
IGNOU University is well-known for offering various programs in a distance mode. The proposed degree programs are available at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels. On the other hand, IGNOU provides non-degree programs at Diploma, PG Diploma, PG and Advance Diploma, PG and Advance Certificate, and Certificate level. Besides this, admission to the IGNOU Distance Course is made online.
IGNOU Distance Courses Admission 2024
Admission to IGNOU Distance Courses is held twice a year, in January and July sessions. Ultimately, it depends on the student’s choice as to which session they wish to seek admission. The university conducts admission in online mode. The admittance to all the programs relies on merit scores, and all the students are admitted based on merit scores.
However, the admittance of students for B.Ed, B.Sc Post Basic Nursing, and Ph.D. courses rely on the entrance exam performance. It is crucial to fall into the eligibility criteria prescribed for the respective program. In addition to this, students must make sure to complete the application without any mistakes and before the last date of submission.
IGNOU Distance Education Courses List
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various of Distance education courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate, PG Diploma and more. Applicants can choose as the course according to their interests. We mentioned some distance education courses, candidates can check the list below.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Library Science
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Arts
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Library Science
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Science
- Maste of Business Administration
IGNOU Distance Courses Eligibility Criteria:
To seek admission to IGNOU courses, students must meet the eligibility criteria, which differ from course to course. The eligibility criteria for a few of the IGNOU Distance Courses have been mentioned below:
- MBA: Any Graduate from a recognized university is eligible to apply for MBA.
- B.Ed: Candidate who completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized board with at least 50 to 60 percent. Those are eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Education Entrance Exam.
- BCA: Aspirants who have done 10+2 can apply for the BCA program.
- B.Sc: Students who have passed Class 12th from the science stream are eligible.
- B.Com: To apply for B.Com, aspirants should have completed Class XIIth from the commerce stream.
IGNOU Online Courses List 2024:
|Course Name||Course URLs|
|IGNOU Online MA English Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online MBA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online BCA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online MCA Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online B.Com Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online BTS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CAL Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CIT Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CLIS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CPSCM Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CRUL Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CTRBS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online CTS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online DTS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online MAGPS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online MATS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online PGCAP Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online PGCGPS Course||Click Here|
|IGNOU Online PGDGPS Course||Click Here|
Students are most likely to be concerned about the admission process for the online programs that are offered by IGNOU, and this is also a concern that is common among students. It is very important to read the next section carefully before proceeding further in this regard, so make sure you do so before continuing.
IGNOU Online Courses 2024
Keeping distance courses aside, IGNOU University has placed its focus on the IGNOU Online Courses. Overall, 24 online programs are available at UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate levels. All the students can opt for the offered online courses provided that they must have the resources such as a computer, Wi-Fi, or internet connection. In addition to this, students must have a little bit of an understanding of MS Word. Besides this, the medium of learning will be English or Hindi. Further, let us move ahead to know some of the courses available for IGNOU Online Programmes.
Inquiries about IGNOU Online Courses are common among students considering higher studies. The admission process is one of the most important factors to consider. Most aspirants want to know what the minimum marks are for admission to a given program. Following are some critical points regarding admission to any online program:
- Application forms must be filled out correctly and submitted before the deadline.
- The selection to any IGNOU Online program is made through Merit only.
- There will be no entrance exam conducted for admission to online courses.
- Eligibility Criteria slightly vary across the UG/PG/Diploma/Certificate course.
IGNOU Online Courses: Eligibility Criteria
As stated earlier, various UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate level courses are available online, and the eligibility criteria differ across these programs. For the ease of the students, some of the eligibility criteria of the respective programs have been pointed out below:
Bachelor of Commerce (BCOMOL): Along with the B.Com distance course, IGNOU facilitates students to pursue B.Com Program through an online mode. The BCOMOL program is open for students who have passed the 10+2 exam from a reputed board. The duration of the BCom course at IGNOU will remain the same, a minimum of 4 years and a maximum of 6 years.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCAOL): IGNOU University provides students with a professional degree course known as BCA online mode. Students must hold a passing certificate of class 12th or equivalent. The medium remains English for BCAOL at IGNOU.
Bachelor of Library Science (BLISOL): Students who earned a UG degree with at least 50% marks can opt for the BLISOL program. For the reserved category, students with 45% marks are allowed to apply for the same. Same to the distance B.Lis program, the duration of B.LISOL is also 1 year, and it can be exceeded to a maximum of 2 years as per the learner’s choice.
MA in English (MEGOL): Indira Gandhi National Open University offers Online MA in English program to students who pass the graduation degree examination with minimum marks required. The duration remains for MEGOL at IGNOU is 2 years.
Master of Business Administration (MBAOL): Those who have completed their Bachelor’s degree can pursue the online MBA course from IGNOU University. Besides, one must have obtained 50% marks at the UG level. In the case of reserved entrants, a minimum of 45% marks is prescribed by the university for pursuing the MBAOL program.
Master of Arts Journalism and Mass Communication (MAJMCOL): Indira Gandhi National Open University offers an Online MA in Journalism and Mass Communication program. Students can pursue this program in online mode. Applicants must have 50% marks at the UG level. The university offers MAJMCOL program in English Language. Students need to pay the fee for this program is INR 12,500 per year.
IGNOU Online Courses List:
- IGNOU Online CTRBS Admission
- IGNOU Online CLIS Admission
- IGNOU Online BTS Admission
- IGNOU Online BSW Admission
- IGNOU Online BLIS Course
- IGNOU Online MAJMC
IGNOU Regular Courses 2024
There are a few of the specific programs offered by IGNOU in regular mode. For the regular courses, students must check out the regional centers that come under IGNOU and commit to providing regular courses to the students. According to the findings, some of the programs that are available for full-time are as follows:
- Master of Social Work (Philanthropy) (MSW)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- PG Diploma in Clinical Cardiology (PGDCC)
- Diploma in Primary Education (DPE)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCLE) ( For Army only)
- Diploma in Primary Education (DPE)
- Certificate in Teaching of English (CTE)
- Certificate in Performing Arts (CPA)
IGNOU Diploma Courses 2024
There are 25 Diploma programs made available for distance learning. Based on the growing needs and demands in today’s world, the university keeps on incorporating a variety of courses in the list of IGNOU Courses. Mostly, the students prefer diploma courses over degree programs because they are short-duration and job-specific programs. Different courses are available for the students who are UG, PG, 10th, or 12th passed out.
IGNOU Diploma Courses Admission
IGNOU conducts admission to all the programs twice a year in two different sessions, January and July. This same rule applies to the Diploma courses. Admission to the diploma programs is also provided in January and July. Definitely, the students meeting the eligibility criteria will be granted access to the desired program.
In the diploma Course, the eligibility criteria for educational qualification and age limit have been specified for the aspirants. The eligibility criteria for the following specific programs have been mentioned below:
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education: Aspirants who have done 10+2 can pursue this diploma program offered by IGNOU.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English: This course is designed for 10+2 passed-out students. Additionally, those who have not completed Class 12th but are more than 20 years of age can also apply for this program.
- Diploma in Nursing Administration: Mainly, this course caters to students who possess a B.Sc (Nursing) degree. Also, GNM with two years of experience can opt for this nursing program available at the diploma level.
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education: The Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education abbreviated as DNHE is a year-long degree. The course is allowed to study for a maximum of three years. English, Tamil, and Hindi languages are commonly used to instruct admitted students in the DNHE. The complete program fee of DNHE is INR 3000.
- Diploma in Event Management: Anyone who passes the 12th examination is eligible for admission to the diploma course in event management. The one-year event management diploma course requires 8000 Indian rupees for the complete program. Aspirants may apply for the DEVMT program in January or July session.
- Diploma in Smart City Development and Management: Students who have passed their 10+2 in Science and mathematics subjects are eligible to apply for Diploma (in Smart City Dev. & Mngt.)
- Diploma in Dairy Technology: The diploma in Dairy Technology is a 1-year duration program. In this program, students will learn and develop their skills in Clean milk production and handling, processing of milk, Testing, and quality control of milk and milk products. Students must be 10+2, or its equivalent. These courses are available in 3 languages Eng, Hindi, and Telugu. The diploma in Dairy Technology (DDT) fee is INR 15,200/-. This program is available in both January and July sessions.
IGNOU Diploma Courses List 2024
|Course Name||Course Eligibility||Course Language|
|Diploma in Agriculture and Cost Management||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English, Hindi & Tamil|
|Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in Panchayat Level Administration and Development||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Event Management||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in Creative Writing in English||10+2 or anyone without 10 +2 but age should be 20 years or above||English|
|Diploma in Urdu Language||10+2 with Urdu||Urdu|
|Diploma in Dairy Technology||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English, Hindi, and Telugu|
|Diploma in Meat Technology||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hind|
|Diploma in Watershed Management||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hind|
|Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruit’s & Vegetables||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in Horticulture||10+2||English|
|Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in HIV and Family Education||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in Business Process Outsourcing — Finance and Accounting||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Modern Office Practice||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Paralegal Practice||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Diploma in Aquaculture||10+2 Pass||English|
|Diploma in Retailing||10+2 or it’s equivalent||English|
|Diploma in Teaching German as a Foreign Language||B.A. degree and German knowledge of B1||German|
|Diploma in Nursing Administration||GNM with two years of experience in the profession||English|
|Diploma in Critical Care Nursing||Registered Nurse (RN) and (RNRM) at all levels||English|
|Diploma in Theatre Arts||10+2 Pass||English|
|Diploma in Value Education||10+2 Pass||English|
|DIPLOMA IN SMART CITY DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT||10+2 in Science with Mathematics||English|
IGNOU Certificate Courses
Presently, IGNOU provides 73 programs at the certificate level in the disciplines of language, agriculture, tourism, social work, performing arts, physical fitness, and many others. Graduates, Postgraduates, 12th passed out, and 10th or 8th-standard students can pursue these courses. Here students can read some of the IGNOU Certificate Courses:
- Certificate in Beekeeping
- Certificate in Fashion Design
- Certificate in Human Rights
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Russian Language
- Certificate in Visual Arts- Painting
- Certificate in Yoga
IGNOU Certificate Courses Admission
IGNOU provides admission to multiple certificate-level courses under different specializations so that students having an interest in any field can opt for admission to the course. Aspirants get the opportunity to get admission to the course based on their scores in the preliminary or qualifying exam.
IGNOU Certificate admission for the January 2024 session is ongoing and the last date for getting admission into certificate courses is 31 January 2024. Students who are willing to get admission to the IGNOU Certificate courses need to fill up the application form as the primary process for admission.
The eligibility criteria for some of the certificate programs are as follows:
- Certificate in Arabic language: This course is open to those who have completed Class XII and are more than 18 years of age.
- Certificate in Beekeeping: Students must have completed a minimum of the 8th standard for this course.
- Certificate in Visual Arts: Those who have done Matriculation successfully can apply for this certificate program
- Certificate in Sericulture: Students who have completed Class 10th are eligible for this program. However, those who have not done class 10th but have 2 years of experience shall be eligible to opt for this course.
- Certificate in Rural Development: The six-month-long certificate program in rural development does not need anything more than the basic eligibility requirement of passing the bachelor’s degree. The complete fee for the certificate in rural development is INR 1,800.
- Certificate in Apparel Merchandising: Admission gates for the certificate in apparel merchandising at IGNOU unlock on both sessions; January and July. The six-month program in merchandise costs around 3000 Indian rupees.
IGNOU Certificate Courses List 2024
|Course Name||Course Eligibility||Language|
|Certificate in Library and Information Science||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Disaster Management||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Environmental Studies||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate Programme on Life and Thought of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar||10+2 or its equivalent||
English and Hindi
|Certificate in Peace Studies and Conflict Management||10+2 in any discipline||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Food and Nutrition||No formal qualification, Minimum age of 18 years||
English, Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Oriya
|Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Rural Development||Bachelor’s Degree||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Apparel Merchandising||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Professional Development of Teachers||Sponsored Teachers of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Guidance||Teachers of recognized Institutions OR Pass in Matriculation/SSC||
English, Hindi and Odia
|Certificate in Information Technology||10th Pass or it’s equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Teaching of English as a Second Language||Graduation or 3 years of B.EL.ED or 2 years PTT, ETT or 10+2 with 2 years teaching experience||English|
|Certificate in Functional English||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Urdu Language||10+2||
|Certificate in Sanskrit Sambhshan||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Vedic Ganit||10+2 in any Stream||Hindi|
|Certificate in Bhartiya Kaalgarna||10+2 or its equivalent||Hindi|
|Certificate in Human Rights||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Consumer Protection||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law & Business Laws||i) 10+2 for in-service personnel (with minimum three years service) iii) Any degree for fresher||English|
|Certificate in Anti-Human Trafficking||Any Graduate,10+2 with five years of experience in the related field/10th standard (after doing a bridge course from IGNOU, they will
English and Hindi
|Certificate in International Humanitarian Law||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate Programme in NGO Management||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Business Skills||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Communication & IT Skills||10+2 pass||English|
|Advanced Certificate in Information Security||10th or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Fashion Design||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Tourism Studies||10+2||English & Hindi|
|Certificate Programme in Laboratory Certificate Programme in Laboratory Techniques||10+2 with Science subjects||
English and Hindi
|Certificate Programme in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics||Adults with a 10th pass||English &
|Certificate in HIV and Family Education||10+2 or its equivalent||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Social Work and Criminal Justice System||Graduate in any discipline||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Tribal Studies||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Sericulture||10th||English
|Certificate in Organic Farming||12th pass||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Water Harvesting & Management||10th pass||English &
|Certificate in Poultry Farming||8th Pass||English, Hindi,
Mizo and Telugu
|Certificate in Beekeeping||8th Pass or Professional Beekeepers||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Arabic Language||10+2||English/Ar abic|
|Certificate in French Language||10+2||English & Hindi|
|Certificate in Russian Language||Minimum age 18 years. No formal qualification is required 10||Russian and
|Certificate in the Japanese Language”||10+2 or equivalent||
Japanese and English
|Certificate in Korean Language & Culture||10+2 or equivalent||
Korean and English
|Certificate in Spanish Language &||10+2 pass||
Spanish and English
|Certificate in German Language||10+2 or its equivalent||German and
|Certificate in Persian Language||10+2||
English & Persian
|Certificate in First Aid||10th||English|
|Certificate Programme in Yoga||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Health Care Waste Management||10+2 or its equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Newborn and Infant Nursing||Nursing Professionals (RNRM) with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) / B.Sc. (N) or
|Certificate in Maternal and Child Health Nursing||Nursing Professionals (RNRM) with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) and above OR Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM)
/Female Health Worker (FHW)/Health Supervisor(HS)/ Lady Health Visitor (LHV)/Public Health
|Certificate in Home Based Health Care||10th pass||English/Hindi|
|Certificate in General Duty Assistance||10+2 Pass||English|
|Certificate in Geriatric Care Assistance||10+2 Pass with Science.||English|
|Certificate in Phlebotomy Assistance||10+2 Pass with Science||English|
|Certificate in Home Health Assistance||10+2 Pass||English|
|Certificate in Community Health||GNM/B.Sc. Nursing/PB B.Sc. Nursing/ Ayurveda Graduates with BAMS||English|
|Certificate in Visual Arts – Painting||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Visual Arts – Applied Art||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Performing Arts – Theatre Arts||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Performing Arts Hindustani Music||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Performing Arts Karnatak Music||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Performing Arts Bharatanatyam||10th pass||English|
|Certificate in Energy Technology and Management||10th Pass||English|
|Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (Electrical Technicians)||8th pass onwards, OR Candidates having 10th /12th /Degree/ Diploma/ ITI
|Certificate in Solid Wastes Treatment Techniques||10+2 or Equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Condition Monitoring||B. Tech Mech/Aero/Civil and BSc Physics and Maths||English|
|Certificate in Smart City Development and Management||10+2 Pass with Mathematics||English|
|Certificate Programme in Value Education||10+2 or its equivalent.||English|
|Certificate in Community Radio||10+2 pass or its equivalent||English/ Hindi|
|Certificate in Mobile Application Development||10+2 or Equivalent||English|
|Certificate in Solid Waste Management||10+2 or its Equivalent||Hindi|
|Certificate in Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion||10+2||English|
|Certificate in Adolescent Health and
|Teachers who are teaching in primary, middle, secondary & higher secondary school or any graduates.||English.|
|Certificate in Gender, Agriculture and Sustainable
|Graduation in any discipline||English.|
|Certificate in Gender in Law||10+2 (in any discipline)||English.|
|Certificate in Gender and Science||10+2 (in any discipline)||English.|
IGNOU Courses Ater 12th
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various courses for students after completing their 12th or equivalent education. These courses are designed to provide opportunities for higher education and skill development. Here are the most famous courses of IGNOU that are available for students after 12th grade:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECE)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education (DNHE)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (General)
- Diploma in Computer Science and Technology (DCST)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)
- Diploma in Tourism Studies (DTS)
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN)
- Certificate in Fashion Design (CFDE)
- Certificate in Digital Literacy (CDL)
- Certificate in Environmental Studies (CES)
IGNOU Courses Application Process
Generally, IGNOU invites students to complete the application process online. The steps involved in the application process are very simple and easy to follow. In many cases, it is found that students fail to provide details correctly, which results in the rejection of their application by the university. Therefore, important for students to pay attention at the time of filling out the application form since it is the primary admission requirement that must be met in order for them to proceed with the admission process.
Some of the prerequisites need to be ready before filling out the form. Concerning this, a few of the points have been emphasized below:
- Applicants must have read all the instructions carefully.
- Students should note down or memorize their login password and Username for frequent logins.
- Aspirants must scan the documents (such as Marksheet/Certificates/ Photos). The documents must be appropriately scanned within the specified size. Also, they must save it in one place to carry out the process smoothly.
- Take the printout of the final application form at the end.
All the IGNOU courses have the same application procedure that they follow for applying. It is common for the sequence of steps to consist of Registration, Form Filling, Uploading the required documents, and Online Payment. Let us now take a look at the steps that need to be followed to make the application process complete:
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Create a username and password.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Go to the login page.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Now, hit the “Login” button.
Fill the Form
In the form, the students must fill in the correct personal and academic details.
- After clicking the Login button, a new page will appear.
- In the first section, applicants have to provide their personal details such as full name, gender, age, and category.
- Once the personal details are entered correctly, students have to share their educational qualifications, chosen subjects, CGPA, or percentage.
- Now, select the desired “Program Name.”
Upload the Documents
- At this stage, upload the scanned copies of the required documents.
Make the Payment
- In the payment step, applicants are subject to pay a requisite fee through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Take the printout of the form and fee receipt at the end of the process.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q1. Which type of courses is available at IGNOU University?
Ans. At IGNOU, all types of courses ranging from degree to non-degree are available. These include UG PG. Ph.D., M.Phil, PG Diploma, Diploma, PG Certificates, and Certificate level Programs.
Q2. Does IGNOU accept admission to diploma courses twice a year?
Ans. Not for all the diploma courses, but most diploma admission is made twice a year.
Q3. Does IGNOU offer any regular programmes?
Ans. Yes. IGNOU offers a few of the programs in regular mode.
Q4. Is the application form process the same for all the courses?
Ans. Yes, the application process remains the same across all the programs offered at IGNOU.
Q5. For which courses a student has to appear for the entrance exam?
Ans. Courses like B.Ed, and B.Sc Post Basic Nursing require entrance exams for selection.
Q6. IGNOU Free Courses List 2024?
Ans: IGNOU doesn’t offer any free courses for students. But the University offers course fees that are very affordable for the students. The minimum fee for IGNOU courses is INR 1,400/ for the full program.