IGNOU BA Admission 2023: Bachelor of Arts (BA) registration forms are now released for the July session 2023 at IGNOU. The last date to submit registration forms is 30 September 2023 for IGNOU BA Admission 2023. Students have to submit Rs 300 as IGNOU BA Application form fee by online mode.
The university has opened the admission window for the BA program into the July 2023 session. Students can fill out the admission form by the last date by visiting the official portal of the university @ignou.ac.in. IGNOU offers BA Programme in various specializations like Education, Sociology, Political Science, Hindi, English, Economics, etc. IGNOU BA admission process is completely merit-based.
- Admissions for the IGNOU July 2023 session is open now, and students can apply for all programmes (except certificate courses) until September 30, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU Re-registration process is ongoing for July session 2023, Apply till 30 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 200.
IGNOU is currently accepting admissions for the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) program for the July 2023 session. Interested candidates can apply online on the official website by 30 September 2023. Applicants are admitted to IGNOU’s B.A. programme based on their marks in the qualifying examination. IGNOU offers 12 streams, including politics, history, civics, philosophy, mathematics, and others. Online registration is open twice a year for the January and July sessions. Direct admission takes place at the university, and there is no limit to the number of seats available.
IGNOU University offers BA admission for those applicants who successfully clear the 12th with at least 50% of aggregate marks from any recognized board and can easily apply. The distance degree program in the humanities stream is developed for the subjective study of various associated disciplines.
Students, who are pursuing a BA program and want to enter in the next semester or year can fill out the form. IGNOU re-registration for the BA program is ongoing for the July academic session, students can fill out the BA re-admission form by the last date is 30 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 200.
The IGNOU BA Admission Fees for the application form have been changed, and it is updated to INR 300. Application or registration fee for the IGNOU BA program is mandatory to deposit along with the semester fee to confirm admission. Options are given to deposit prescribed fees through debit cards, credit cards, and net banking.
IGNOU BA General degree program fee is INR 12,000. To get complete fee details of IGNOU BA courses fee, Students must visit the established section given in the article below.
IGNOU BA is provided in 18 specializations: Hindi, Public Administration, Sociology, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Psychology, Political Science, Philosophy, History, Anthropology, English, Economics, Tourism Studies, and Urdu.
- IGNOU BA Admission Fees is Rs. 12,000 to be paid annually at Rs. 4,000 per year. In the first year, with the registration fee of Rs. 300, the fee is Rs. 4,000. (Info taken from Official Prospectus)
- The course fee will only be paid online using a Debit/Credit Card.
- Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
- The minimum length of a bachelor course in the art field is 3 years and the maximum length is 6 years.
- Practicums are required in psychology courses. Psychology students must pay an additional INR 600.
- There is not any entrance exam required or conducted for BA various specializations at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for admission in either (January or July) academic session.
IGNOU BA Admission 2023 Highlights
|Minimum Period||Three years|
|Maximum Period||Six years|
|Program Fee||INR 12,000 (vary depending upon specialization)|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or its equivalent from IGNOU|
|Available Medium||English and Hindi|
|Apply For Admission||IGNOU Admission|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
Read the article to get all the details on IGNOU BA Course. The IGNOU BA Program is fully described in this article, including its Fees, eligibility requirements, maximum time, age, study materials, etc.
IGNOU BA Admission 2023
30 September 2023 is the last date for IGNOU BA admission 2023 for the July academic session. For admission to the IGNOU BA program, applicants have two options: online and offline. For online mode, BA admission candidates can visit the IGNOU Samarth Portal at @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. and for offline admission applicants can visit the nearby IGNOU regional centre.
Students who wish to take advantage of the offline admission option should visit their nearby regional center. The registration fee for IGNOU BA Admission is INR 300. The following payment methods are available: debit cards, credit cards, cash, and demand drafts.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a BA program under various disciplines for admission in the July and January academic sessions. The university offers 18+ disciplines under the BA program. There are three years of study in the BA program and it lasts six years.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board can apply for IGNOU BA admission. There are various specializations being offered under the Bachelor of Arts which have been described in the section given below.
IGNOU BA Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants who are keen to enroll in the BA admission at IGNOU University. They must have to meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. We mentioned below the following eligibility criteria for IGNOU BA admission.
- The requirement for the IGNOU BA admission is one must have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board, such as CBSE, ICSE, etc., with a minimum of 50% marks.
- There is one more way to take admission in IGNOU BA distance mode. Candidates with Bachelor’s Preparatory Program (BPP) degrees are also eligible for the BA program.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has not set any age bar for the BA program.
- A graduation degree boosts the education qualification and assists you in getting a better job. Coming to the BA programs offered by the IGNOU.
- IGNOU does not conduct any entrance exams for the BA program. Only students must fulfill the eligibility criteria, along with filling application form properly and correctly, this is enough for IGNOU BA admission 2023.
BA IGNOU Fee
IGNOU Bachelor of Arts fee varies as per the specializations; the total fee for the IGNOU BAG program is INR 12,000/-. The fees for the various programs are to be paid in the following manner:
- The fee for the Bachelor of Arts program is INR 12,000. Students have to submit their fees on a yearly basis of INR 4,000 per year. In the first year, which includes a registration fee of Rs 300, the total fee amounts to Rs 4,000. (Official Prospectus).
- A fee for the BA course is paid on a yearly basis. The whole course fee is divided by the total years.
- One can easily submit the fee through a Debit Card or Credit Card.
- The fee is not refundable.
IGNOU BA Selection Criteria
IGNOU BA selection criteria are very simple it’s not harder than you think.
- Those students who are applying for admission into IGNOU BA must pass their 10+2 from any recognized board.
- IGNOU does not hold any entrance examination for the BA Course. So applicants can apply for the IGNOU BA’s all specializations without any hesitation.
IGNOU BA Application Form 2023
- IGNOU BA Application form is now available for students who want to apply must have to register themselves first, and then the application form process will start after registration.
- The application form-filling process is very simple and the form fee differs based on the caste category.
- For the General category, IGNOU BA Admission Fees are Rs 300 and Rs 200 for a reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC.
- Students must visit the university’s official website where they can register and fill out the application form.
IGNOU BA Admission Process 2023
IGNOU BA admission 2023 has begun for the July 2023 session. For all the specializations of BA, students can now take part in the admission process. The selection will be made based on the marks in 10+2 level education, and there is no entrance exam. Students can visit the official portal for the IGNOU BA admission process the last date is 30 September 2023.
IGNOU BA Admission Online Process:
Applicants who are keen to enroll for the BA Admission at IGNOU, can apply and fill out the admission form. Interested candidates must read the mentioned below points to complete the IGNOU BA admission Online Process. All the details should be proper and correct.
- Go to the IGNOU website and find the registration menu on the homepage.
- Click on “New Registration” and register yourself with IGNOU.
- IGNOU registration will ask for your email id and personal and educational details. Fill and submit.
- You will get IGNOU’s user ID and password after registration.
- Login with IGNOU’s user id and password.
- IGNOU portal has open, go to new admissions, and select BA & desired specialization.
- Fill application form for BA with personal/educational details. Upload necessary docs.
- Pay online IGNOU’s BA program registration fee.
- Now submit the BA application form.
IGNOU BA Offline Admission Process:
Indira Gandhi National Open University BA offline admission process is also an option for those applicants who don’t want to visit the online portal they can visit the nearby regional centre for IGNOU BA admission for the July 2023 academic session. We mentioned some steps to the BA offline admission below
- Pay a visit to IGNOU’s official portal, and download the application form with a prospectus.
- One can also collect the IGNOU BA Course offline form from the university admission centre.
- The filled form for the BA Course should be sent to the concerned admission centre by hand.
- BA Course offline application form should be submitted with the admission fee and attested documents.
- One must keep receipt of submission.
- Admission confirmation shall be made via mail.
Required documents for IGNOU BA Admission:
Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Age Proof
- Educational Documents
- Category Certificate
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) certificate
IGNOU BA Re-Registration 2023
IGNOU has opened the re-registration portal for all the BA specialization students who would like to re-register themselves for the next year or semester in an offered course. IGNOU 2nd year BA admission’s last date is 30 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 200. Students can fill out the re-admission form at the official website of the university @onlinerr.ignou.ac.in. The university provides a great prospect for students to balance their studies and jobs simultaneously.
IGNOU BA Fee Structure
|UG Courses||Course Code||Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (General)||BAG||Rs. 4,200/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies)||BTS||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Facility and Services Management)||BAFSM||Rs. 10,500/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Vocational Studies) Tourism Management||BAVTM||Rs. 4,200/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Vocational Studies) Micro Small and Medium Enterprises||BAVMSME||Rs. 5,100/- per year|
|BA (Gender Studies)||BAGS||Rs. 4,000/- per year|
|B.A. in Applied Sanskrit||BAASK||Rs. 4,500/- per year|
|B.A. in Applied Hindi||BAAHD||Rs. 4,500/- per year|
|B.A. in Applied Urdu||BAAUD||Rs. 4,500/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Economics||BAECH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) History||BAHIH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Political Science||BAPSH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Psychology||BAPCH||Rs. 5,200 + 600/- Practical fee per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Public Administration||BAPAH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Sociology||BASOH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts English (Honours)||BAEGH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts Hindi (Honours)||BAHDH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts Sanskrit (Honours)||BASKH||Rs. 4,700/- per year|
|Bachelor of Arts Urdu(Honours)||BAUDH||Rs. 4,500/- per year Total|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts – Hindustani Music (Honours)||BAPFHMH||Rs. 9,200/- per year|
IGNOU BA Course Specializations
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers 18+ specializations in Bachelor of Arts. In this course, the University introduces the learner’s various attributes and themes of the various disciplines, humanities, science, social studies, economics, history, and more.
A brief description of IGNOU BA Course Specializations has been described below:
- Economics: Students gain knowledge about macroeconomics, microeconomics, and their application in the real world.
- History: The course deals with the study of the ancient history of society and the transformation of India till today.
- Philosophy: The course provides knowledge about the study of the aspects pertaining to Indian Philosophy, western philosophy, Dalits, religion, etc.
- Political Science: Students gain knowledge about the government, policies, and their behavior for the welfare of society.
- Psychology: Learners gain insights into the human brain, nature, and behavior.
- Public Administration: This course focuses on the study of the aspects related to public policies, governmental agencies, democratic rules, and regulations.
- Sociology: The course deals with aspects of society such as social norms, human relationships, and cultural differences.
- Hindi: The learners are enlightened about the importance and application of the Hindi language.
- Urdu: This course deals with the study of the Urdu language and its role in the current world.
- English: This course aims to build an understanding of English literature through various novels and poetry.
- Sanskrit: To popularize our native language, Sanskrit is being offered for establishing the understanding and vocabulary in the context of Sanskrit.
- Education: Students are taught in the field of education along with building pedagogical and teaching skills.
- Tourism Studies: Students interested in pursuing careers in the travel and tourism sector at different levels can enroll in the IGNOU BTS Programme. The objective of the Programme is to familiarize students with various aspects of tourism, create awareness of tourism, and impart basic training in organizing tourism services as well as open career opportunities.
- Facility and Services Management: BA in Facility and Services Management is a 3-year degree programme Students will prepare for their careers in Facility Services Management. The average fee for this BAFSM program is INR 10,500 per year.
IGNOU BA Term End Examination
Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts the BA Term-end examination two times a year, in June and December. IGNOU has released the tentative date sheet/schedule for the December 2023 TEE. Examinations will start on 01 December 2023 and end on 05 January 2024. The term-end examination carries 70% marks and the rest of the 30% marks are covered by the BA Assignment.
Indira Gandhi National Open University has started the exam form-filling procedure for the BA December Term-end examination 2023. Students can fill out the examination form for the BA program by the last date 15 October 2023 till 06:00 PM. Without the exam form filling, students could not appear in December TEE 2023, so students fill out the exam form at the official portal @exam.ignou.ac.in.
IGNOU will announce the hall ticket for the BA program students to appear in the IGNOU December Term-end examination. For instance, if a student misses or fails the examination, they are eligible to re-appear for the next subsequent examination in June or December within the duration of the program.
IGNOU BA Assignment
IGNOU BA Assignment submission has started for the December Term-end examination 2023. Students can submit their assignment by the last date 30 September 2023 can either submit it online or visit the study centre. It all depends on the regional centre and how they accept the assignments.
IGNOU BA Assignments question paper can be downloaded from the Web Services portal. Assignment marks contain 30 percent of the overall offered marks by the university. For example, Any student pursuing the IGNOU Bachelor of Arts program can submit their assignment before the closure of the window to appear in the University’s December Term-end examination.
IGNOU BA Study Material
IGNOU BA Study Materials are available in both digital and hardcopy formats. If students wish to study BA programs through hard copies, they must opt for study materials during the admissions process. A hard copy of the study materials can be ordered after an additional deposit is made. The university will courier IGNOU BA Study Materials. However, students can also pick it up at the regional centre.
How to prepare for IGNOU BA exams? Students can prepare for the IGNOU BA exams with the help of Study Material. IGNOU BA Study materials are available free of cost in the digital mode in the Egyankosh portal. One can also download the EGyankosh App from the Google Play Store.
IGNOU BA Course Syllabus
|Semester||Core Courses(CC) 12 courses x 6 Credits||Discipline-Specific Electives (DSE) 4 courses x 6 Credits||Ability/Skill Enhancement Courses (AECC/SEC)||Generic Electives (GE) 2||Credits|
|6 courses x 4||Courses x 6 Credits|
|I||English/ Hindi/Indian Languages-1||AECC-1||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-A||Environmental Studies|
|Discipline 2 Core-A|
|II||English or Hindi 2||AECC 2||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-B||English/Hindi Communication Skills|
|Discipline 2 Core-B|
|III||English or Hindi 3||SEC -1||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-C|
|Discipline 2 Core-C|
|IV||English or Hindi 4||SEC -2||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-D|
|Discipline 2 Core-D|
|V||DSE-1 A||SEC -3||GE-1||22|
|VI||DSE-1 B||SEC -4||GE-2||22|
|Total||72 credits||24 credits||24 credits||12 credits||132|
About IGNOU: IGNOU is a renowned institution of distance learning in India that offers higher education across a range of subjects through open and scheduled distance learning. It was created by the Indian parliament to offer open access to higher education to those who, for various reasons, such as location or employment, are unable to attend traditional colleges.
Why Choose IGNOU BA Admission 2023?
Some major advantages of selecting IGNOU BA Admission are listed below:
- IGNOU is India’s best National Distance University.
- Contains NAAC A++ accreditation.
- Easy to handle the workload.
- IGNOU got affiliation from UGC and AICTE.
- Affordable fee.
- IGNOU degrees are valid for all kinds of jobs.
IGNOU BA Job Opportunity
After completing the BA course from IGNOU there are various job opportunities in Govt, Private, and also do self business. We have mentioned some expected designations or job profiles below for the aspirants or graduates who have completed the three-year Bachelor’s degree program of IGNOU.
- Executive Assistant
- Civil Services like IPS and IAS
- Social Worker
Ques: What is the IGNOU admission fee for BA 1st year?
Ans: The approx IGNOU BA admission fee for a 1st year is rupees 4,000/-.
Ques: Is IGNOU Starting the Fresh Admissions for the July 2023 Session?
Ans: IGNOU new admission is ongoing to BA Programme for July 2023 Session, and the extended last date is 30 September 2023.
Ques: When will start the IGNOU BA Admission for July 2023 session?
Ans: IGNOU BA Admission has started for the 2023 July session, the last date to apply is 30 September 2023.
Ques: Is IGNOU BA Degree Valid for Government Jobs?
Ans: Yes, all the IGNOU degrees are valid for government jobs.
Ques: How can students apply for an IGNOU BA Program?
Ans: Students with 10+2 from the standard board with at least 50% marks are qualified for this program.
Ques: How can a student calculate BA course percentage?
Ans: Students can easily calculate the IGNOU BA Course percentage by dividing the total attained marks by the total number of subject marks.
Ques: How to choose subjects for BA in IGNOU?
Ans: IGNOU BA program requires students to choose their subjects from three types of courses.
- Foundation Courses (24 Credits)
- Elective Courses (56 Credits or 64 Credits)
- Application-Oriented Courses (16 or 8 Credits).