IGNOU BA Admission 2022: IGNOU BA Admission 2022 last date is 25 August 2022. The admission session of July has commenced for the popular three-year degree program BA. The university has opened the door for re-registration, and fresh admission. BA is a 3 Years Programme. IGNOU offered a BA Programme in many specializations like Sociology, Political Science, Hindi, English, Economics, etc. The admission process for various courses is purely merit-based. Eligible students for admission to the IGNOU BA program must have completed at least 50% from a recognized university. For BA Admission July Session 2022 IGNOU Re-Registration date has been changed to 25 August 2022.
The application form fee for the IGNOU BA program has been changed, and it is updated to INR 300. Application or registration fee for the IGNOU BA program is mandatory to deposit along with the semester fee to confirm admission. Options are given to deposit prescribed fees through debit card, credit card, and net banking. The fee for IGNOU BA general degree program is 11,400. In order to get complete fee details of IGNOU BA courses, students will need to visit the established section given in the article.
- The IGNOU has begun fresh admissions for the July 2022 session on May 30. Applications must be submitted by August 25.
- Registration for IGNOU's July 2022 session begins; applications are due by 25 August 2022
- IGNOU has extended the Re-registration date for july 2022 session until 25 August 2022.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for June TEE 2022 until 30 June 2022.
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) program continues to provide various specializations like tourism studies, vocational studies in tourism management, economics, sociology, and more. All admission to BA-driven programs of IGNOU has been given to candidates who successfully passed the 12th exam.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) program to students in various disciplines such as History, English, Economics, Mathematics, philosophy, and many more.
- IGNOU Admission Fees BA 1st Year is Rs. 11400/- to be paid annually at Rs. 3,800/- per year. In the first year, including the registration fee of Rs. 300/-, the fee is Rs. 3,800/. (Info taken from Official Prospectus)
- The course fee will only be paid online using a Debit/Credit Card.
- Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
- Practicums are required in psychology courses. Psychology students must pay an additional INR 600.
- The entrance exam is not required or conducted for BA Programme at the university level for admission in either session (January/July).
Stay with the article to read complete information related to the Ignou BA admission. This article contains complete information about IGNOU BA Programme, its fee structure, eligibility criteria, maximum time duration, age limit, study material, etc.
IGNOU is a premier distance-learning educational centre in India that provides higher education in various disciplines through open and scheduled distance learning. The parliament of India established it to provide opportunities for higher education on an open basis to people who cannot attend conventional colleges due to reasons like location, those who are working, etc.
IGNOU BA Admission 2022 Highlights
|Minimum Period||Three years|
|Maximum Period||Six years|
|Program Fee||INR 11,400-/-|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or BPP from IGNOU|
|Available Medium||English and Hindi|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU BA Admission 2022
IGNOU BA 1st year admission last date 2022 is 25 August 2022. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers BA programs in various disciplines for admission in session 2022. There are a total of 14 courses available under the BA Programme. The duration of the BA Course is 3 years. For BA admissions, it is crucial to fulfilling the eligibility criteria set by the university.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible to apply for IGNOU BA admissions. There are various specializations being offered under the Bachelor of Arts which have been described in the section given below.
IGNOU BA Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Students who have completed Class XIIth from a standard board/college are eligible to apply for various specializations in the BA program offered by IGNOU. A graduation degree boosts the education qualification and assists you to get a better job. Coming to the BA programs offered by the IGNOU, one must have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board. There is no entrance test as such. Fulfilling the eligibility criteria along with filling the application form correctly, is enough for IGNOU BA Admission 2022.
IGNOU BA Fee Structure
For all the specializations (except Psychology) under BA, the total fee is Rs.10,500. The fees are to be paid in the following manner:
- Bachelor of Art’s program fee is INR 10,500/- to be paid annually. Students can also submit their fees INR 3,800/- yearly basis. In the first year, including the registration fee of Rs.300/-, the fee is Rs.3,800/. (Official Prospectus)
- One can easily submit the fee through Debit Card or Credit Card.
- The fee is not refundable.
IGNOU BA Application form 2022:
Students who want to apply for the BA program must have to register themselves first, then the application form process will start after registration. The application form filling process is very simple and the form fee differs based on the caste category. For the General category, it is Rs.300 and Rs.200 for a reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC. Students must visit the university’s official website where they can register and fill out the application form.
IGNOU BA Admission Process 2022
IGNOU has announced that admission to all specializations offered under the BA course will be allotted by the institution after considering the applicant’s scores in their preliminary exam or the qualifying exam. The institution will then be releasing a merit list containing the names of short-listed students for BA admission in 2022.
IGNOU BA Online Admission Process:
- Reach out to the IGNOU Official Portal
- Register Yourself
- Log In to the admission account with credentials
- Complete sections placed for the IGNOU BA Course admission
- Upload originally scanned academic and personal documents
- Deposit registration and course fee
- Get an acknowledgment before closing.
IGNOU BA Offline Admission Process:
- Pay a visit to IGNOU’s official portal, and download the application form with a prospectus.
- One can also collect IGNOU BA Course offline form from the university admission center.
- The filled form of the BA Course should be sent to the concerned admission centre by hand.
- BA Course offline application form should be submitted with the admission fee and attested documents.
- One must keep receipt of submission.
- Admission confirmation shall be made via mail.
Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Age Proof
- Educational Documents
- Category Certificate
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) certificate
IGNOU BA Re-Registration Process:
IGNOU has started an online request for the BA course for individuals who would like to Re-register for next year or semester in an offered course. The university gives a great prospect for to students in balancing their studies and jobs simultaneously. The Re-registrations for July 2022 are currently started, and the last date of re-registration is 25 August 2022.
IGNOU BA Syllabus and Subjects
The university has applied a credit system in the BA program, which is useful for course selection at the time of both registration and re-registration. The candidate is required to select the credit hours at the start of their semester. Students can select the course from a wide range of choices. One can select the subjects according to their interest and choice.
IGNOU BA Specializations
IGNOU offers 12 specializations in Bachelor of Arts. Mainly, this course introduces the learners to the various attributes and themes of the disciplines, including humanities, science, and social studies.
A brief description of BA specializations has been described below:
- Economics: Students gain knowledge about macroeconomics, microeconomics, and their application in the real world.
- History: The course deals with the study of the ancient history of society and the transformation of India till today.
- Philosophy: The course provides knowledge about the study of the aspects pertaining to Indian Philosophy, western philosophy, Dalits, religion, etc.
- Political Science: Students gain knowledge about the government, policies, and their behavior for the welfare of society.
- Psychology: Learners gain insights into the human brain, nature, and behavior.
- Public Administration: This course focuses on the study of the aspects related to public policies, governmental agencies, democratic rules, and regulations.
- Sociology: The course deals with aspects of society such as social norms, human relationships, and cultural differences.
- Hindi: The learners are enlightened about the importance and application of the Hindi language.
- Urdu: This course deals with the study of the Urdu language and its role in the current world.
- English: This course aims to build an understanding of English literature through various novels and poetry.
- Sanskrit: To popularize our native language, Sanskrit is being offered for establishing the understanding and vocabulary in the context of Sanskrit.
- Education: Students are taught in the field of education along with building pedagogical and teaching skills.
IGNOU BA Term End Examination
Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts the term-end examination twice a year, in June and December. It carries 70% marks and the rest of 30% is covered by the assignment. For instance, if a student missed or failed the examination, they are eligible to re-appear for the next subsequent examination in June or December within the duration of the program.
IGNOU BA Assignments
IGNOU BA Assignments question paper can be downloaded from the Web Services portal. Assignment marks contain 30 percent of the overall offered marks by the university. It is mandatory that the students must submit IGNOU BA assignments before the closure of the window to appear in the University TEE Exam.
IGNOU BA Assignments submission dates for the June TEE 2022 is 15th June 2022. The assignments of the IGNOU BA program can either be submitted online or offline. It depends on the regional centre and how they are accepting assignments.
IGNOU BA Study Material
IGNOU BA Study Materials are offered digitally and hardcopy based. Students who want to study BA programs through hard copies will need to opt for study materials during the admission process. The hard copy of study materials can opt after an additional amount is deposited. University will courier IGNOU BA Study Materials. But students can also pick it up from the regional centre.
IGNOU BA Study materials are available free of cost in the digital mode in the Egyankosh portal. One can also download the EGyankosh App from the Google Play Store.
Why Choose IGNOU BA Admission 2022?
Some major advantages of selecting IGNOU for BA Admission is listed below:
- IGNOU is India’s best National Distance University.
- Contains NAAC A++ accreditation.
- Easy to handle the workload.
- IGNOU got affiliation from UGC and AICTE.
- Affordable fee.
- IGNOU degrees are valid for all kinds of jobs.
|Semester||Core Courses(CC) 12 courses x 6 Credits||Discipline-Specific Electives (DSE) 4 courses x 6 Credits||Ability/Skill Enhancement Courses (AECC/SEC)||Generic Electives (GE) 2||Credits|
|6 courses x 4||Courses x 6 Credits|
|I||English/ Hindi/Indian Languages-1||AECC-1||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-A||Environmental Studies|
|Discipline 2 Core-A|
|II||English or Hindi 2||AECC 2||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-B||English/Hindi Communication Skills|
|Discipline 2 Core-B|
|III||English or Hindi 3||SEC -1||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-C|
|Discipline 2 Core-C|
|IV||English or Hindi 4||SEC -2||22|
|Discipline 1 Core-D|
|Discipline 2 Core-D|
|V||DSE-1 A||SEC -3||GE-1||22|
|VI||DSE-1 B||SEC -4||GE-2||22|
|Total||72 credits||24 credits||24 credits||12 credits||132|
IGNOU BA Job Opportunity
IGNOU BA Job Opportunity is pretty massive that represents three sectors GOVT, Private, and Self. Let’s look at the expected designations or job profiles below for the aspirants who have completed the three-year degree program of IGNOU.
- Executive Assistant
- Civil Services like IPS and IAS
- Social Worker
Ques: Is IGNOU Starting the Fresh Admissions for July 2022 Session?
Ans: Yes, Now IGNOU started the fresh admissions to BA Programme for July 2022 Session, and the last date is 25 August 2022.
Ques: Is IGNOU BA Degree Valid for Government Jobs?
Ans: Yes, all the IGNOU degrees are valid for government jobs.
Ques: How can students apply for an IGNOU BA Program?
Ans: Students with 10+2 from the standard board with at least 50% marks are qualified for this program.
Ques: What is the last date of IGNOU BA July session Admission?
Ans: The last date of IGNOU BA Admission 2022 is 25 August 2022.
Ques: How can a student calculate BA course percentage?
Ans: Students can easily calculate the IGNOU BA Course percentage by dividing the total attained marks by the total number of subject marks.