IGNOU PhD Admission 2024: 25 December 2023 is the last date for IGNOU PhD admission 2024 January academic session. The admission portal for the IGNOU doctoral degree program is available to reach at ignouphd.samarth.edu.in. IGNOU PhD entrance exam will be conducted on 8 January 2024. The last date and entire admission process for the doctoral degree program can be learned ahead.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various PhD specializations i.e., History, Library and Information Science, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Theatre Arts, Journalism, and Mass Communication, Fine Arts, Dance, Commerce, Management, Education, Gender and Development, Dairy Science, and Technology, Computer Science, Nursing, French, Vocational Education and Training, and so on, at Ph.D. levels.
- Admissions for the IGNOU July 2023 session is open now, and students can apply for all programmes (except certificate courses) until September 30, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU Re-registration process is ongoing for July session 2023, Apply till 30 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 200.
The duration of these specialized degree programs at the doctoral level is three years; however, students can study them for as long as six years.
IGNOU Ph.D. admission 2024 Entrance Examination will be conducted in 30 cities across the country on 07 January 2024 using CBT (Computer Based Test). The announcement will be done on the portal, check the official Notification.
IGNOU PhD Admission 2024 Highlights
|Duration of the Course||Three years|
|Maximum Duration||Five years|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|Course Fee||INR 16,800/- For the Full Program|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU PhD Admission 2024
IGNOU PhD admission 2024 online portal will open in the last week of November-2023. Admission to an IGNOU Doctoral degree program in any specialization normally happens on the entrance examination plus an interview performance.
The application form for the entrance examination can be found on IGNOU’s official website before the admission process commences. No offline application can be submitted for the doctoral program entrance examination at Indira Gandhi National Open University.
The fee for the Ph.D. entrance examination application form is 1,000 Indian rupees. The application fee is non-refundable in any situation. IGNOU PhD entrance examination application form submission process's last date is 25 December 2023.
Candidates who pass the prescribed doctoral entrance examination need to visit in-person to the admission campus or regional centre of the Indira Gandhi National Open University to complete the admission process for Phd Degree program.
Important Dates IGNOU PhD Admission
|Registration Starts From||21 November 2023|
|Last date to Apply online for Ph.D. Programs||20 December 2023|
|Last date for payment of the Application Fee||25 December 2023 (11:50 PM)|
|Application Form Correction Window||28 December to 31 December 2023 (11:50 PM)|
|Admit Card||2nd January 2024|
|IGNOU PhD 2024 Result||24 May 2024|
|IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam Date||08 January 2024|
|IGNOU Ph.D. Exam Form Last Date||10 May 2024 (with a late fee of INR 1100/-)|
|IGNOU Ph.D. December TEE 2023||01 December 2023 to 05 January 2023|
IGNOU Admission PhD Courses
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers loads of options for students at the doctoral degree level. It provides specialized programs such as a Ph.D. in Social Work, Ph.D. in Rural Development, Ph.D. in Home Science, Ph.D. in Hindi, Ph.D. in Child Development, Ph.D. in Vocational Education and Training, Ph.D. in French, Ph.D. in Nursing, Ph.D. in Tourism and Hospitality Service Management, Ph.D. in Development Studies, Ph.D. in Management, and so on.
The eligibility criteria for the above-mentioned doctoral degree programs available at IGNOU is detailed in the upcoming part of this article.
IGNOU PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission or entry into a Ph.D. degree program at IGNOU are as follows:
- Master’s degree from a recognized university approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) in a relevant discipline.
- The minimum marks to obtain in the Master’s degree examination must be 55 percent and 50 percent for unreserved and reserved categories of candidates, respectively.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Examination
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) approves admission to the doctoral degree program on the combination of successful performance in the entrance test, academic exam, and personal interview. The entrance examination factor for the Ph.D. degree program is well-explained in the parts that follow.
- The IGNOU Ph.D. entrance test is conducted offline across the country in selected test centres.
- The examination is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA), and it lasts for the duration of 3 hours (180 minutes).
- All students, whether they successfully passed the MPhil/NET/JRF are required to appear in the IGNOU PhD entrance examination.
- The entrance examination fee is INR 1000/- for the IGNOU PhD in the 2024 session.
IGNOU PhD Fee Structure
The fees for doctoral degree programs at Indira Gandhi National Open University are given in greater detail below.
- Ph.D. degree programs at IGNOU with coursework fees for the first year are 16,800 Indian rupees.
- The doctoral degree programs of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) without coursework require an annual fee of 8,400 Indian rupees.
IGNOU PhD Admission Process
The admission process to follow for reserving seats for doctoral degree programs at IGNOU is instructed below.
- Kindly visit ignouphd.samarth.edu.in
- Aspirants need to do a registration.
- Use your Email Address and Password to Login the Account.
- Fill up the Online Application Form.
- Upload photo and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Pay an application fee of 1,000 Indian rupees via Debit Card/Credit Card etc.
Note: Aspirants must download the online filled application form and print it out for future reference. Actually, those who pass the mandatory entrance examination for the IGNOU PhD program are required to attend the counseling and document verification sessions to finish up the admission process.