IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022: Fee, Eligibility, Application Form & Last Date: IGNOU offers Doctoral programs covering twelve different areas. Doctoral of Philosophy is the highest degree in which one can learn to create something that is not replicated but unique. Ph.D graduates can put effort into solving the problems that persist in our real world. Therefore, those who are looking forward to pursuing Ph.D, must go and grab the opportunity of being a Ph.D graduate, as it will increase their credibility.
Students who want to study Ph.D from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D admissions. Eligibility criteria include a Master’s degree with 55% marks from the recognized university. Admission is conducted through merit only. For General category, the application form fee is Rs. 1000 and for reserved category, it is Rs. 800/-
- IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2021-2022 “Last Date of Online Application” is extended till 30 November 2021. For more information related to admission Click Here
- The last date of re-registration for January Session 2022 is now 30 November 2021.
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022 Highlights:
|Duration of the Course||Three year|
|Maximum Duration||Five years|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022:
Candidates select the specialization subject or area according to their choice. Each discipline contains a minimum number of seats. So, do not wait for long to register at IGNOU. The candidates who want to get admission to the Ph.D. course must check the university’s official website from time to time. The entire university-related announcement is shared on the website. One can check the detailed information from the prospectus also.
IGNOU Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
Students must fulfill the below-listed criterion to take admission to the Ph.D. program at IGNOU:
- The candidate who wants to apply for this course must have a post-graduation degree with good marks from some recognized university.
- The candidate must clear the entrance exam. The admission is highly competitive, and the seats are limited. So, it is important to take the entrance exam seriously so that you can confirm your seat.
IGNOU Ph.D. Fee Structure:
The course fee of the Ph.D. program is different for various disciplines. It depends upon courses, research area, and more. One can get complete detail about the fee structure of the IGNOU Ph.D. program from the website. The fee is easily affordable for everyone.
IGNOU Ph.D. Application Form 2022:
Students who want to study Ph.D from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D admissions. Coming to the eligibility criteria, one must have a Master’s degree with 55% marks from the recognized university. The admission process starts with filling the application form. The correct details and documents must be uploaded along with the application form fee. The application form fee is Rs. 1000. However, for the reserved category, it is Rs. 800/-
IGNOU Ph.D. Application form process
The university offers admission to the Ph.D. program based on post-graduation percentage along with an entrance test and interview. The specialization areas for Ph.D. programs includes Women Studies, Geology, French, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Mass Communication, Physics, Geography, Gender Development Studies, and Chemistry. To be very honest, the entrance exam for Ph.D programs is really tough. So, students must prepare hard in order to qualify the examination. The application process involves the following steps:
- Go to the university’s official website.
- In case, you are a registered candidate, click on the login button and enter all the information.
- Carefully select your course and remember the course Id.
- After this, click on the “Application” button to proceed further.
- Now, fill-up the form by entering all the correct information.
- After this, pay the first-year fee online.
- Upload all the required documents and click the “submit” tab.
IGNOU Ph.D. Study Material;
The university provides complete course content to the candidates on the university’s website. One can easily get access to study material by using the respective links for the same.
IGNOU Ph.D. Assignments;
The assignments play a huge role in understanding a particular subject. It is an effective way of implementing all the concepts that are studied in the program. The assignments involve continuous evaluation, carrying 30 percent weightage. The student must perform well in assignments to get a good grade in a course. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
Why Choose IGNOU For Ph.D. Admission?
IGNOU offers a Ph.D. degree to students in twelve subjects. Some of the reasons for selecting IGNOU for Ph.D. Admission is as follows:
- The university is internationally recognized.
- IGNOU is India’s top distance learning university.
- Ph.D is all about research and self—study. Students can easily manage all the tasks online.
- IGNOU shares all the course materials on the website.
Ques.) What is the eligibility criterion for getting admission to a Ph.D. Program at IGNOU?
Ans: Students interested in the Ph.D. program from IGNOU must have a post-graduate degree in a relevant subject. Candidates with less than 55 percent marks in their previous degrees cannot apply for this course.
Ques.) What are the specialization areas for IGNOU Ph.D. Program?
Ans: The specialization areas for Ph.D. Program include Geology, Women Studies, French, Mass Communication, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, and Gender Development Studies.
Ques.) In how many cities of India, Ph.D. entrance test of IGNOU take place?
Ans: IGNOU entrance test for Ph.D. degree takes place in thirteen cities, including Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Lucknow, Mumbai, Trivandram, and Patna.