IGNOU Ph.D. Admission: The interview schedule for the shortlisted Ph.D. candidates has been released on https://ignou.nta.ac.in/. IGNOU has released its provisional scorecard for its Ph.D. entrance examination. Students can check by entering their application number and password or by using their date of birth. The admission for Phd course at IGNOU for session 2022 has been closed. The University will soon notify for the session 2023-24.
NTA conducted the IGNOU Ph.D. 2022 Entrance Examination in 30 cities across the country on 24 February 2022 using CBT (Computer Based Test). The results have been announced, check the official Notification here. Indira Gandhi National Open University has recently disclosed the Provisional Answer Key of IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2022. Those who want to check and download the answer key must get in touch with the official site of IGNOU https://ignou.nta.ac.in/.
- The IGNOU has begun fresh admissions for the July 2022 session on May 30. Applications must be submitted by September 30.
- Registration for IGNOU's July 2022 session begins; applications are due by 30 September 2022
- IGNOU has extended the Re-registration date for july 2022 session until 30 September 2022.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for June TEE 2022 until 30 June 2022.
Registration Fees: According to the IGNOU NTA Ph.D. information brochure, the fee for the general category is Rupees 1000. The SC or ST and other reserved categories applicants are mandated to pay a fee of 800 INR for the 2021 Ph.D. entrance examination. By sticking with the article, the applicant would learn more about admission to Ph.D.
Specializations are available for Ph.D. Programmes are Ph.D. in Anthropology, political science, Chemistry, Geology, Vocational Education, Women’s Students, child development, and many other specializations you can get. Getting Admission to Ph.D. programmes is based on NTA’s entrance exam. The entrance exam date will be announced soon on the official website of ignou.nta.ac.in. IGNOU Ph.D. Prospectus
Students who want to study Ph.D. from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D. admissions. Eligibility criteria include a Master’s degree or M.Phil with 55% marks from the recognized university for General Category students, For the reserved category, students have 50% Marks with PG/M.Phil Degree.
- IGNOU has uploaded the Ph.D. Interview Schedule 2022 for the Chemistry discipline. (Check here)
- The provisional scorecard for the IGNOU Ph.D. entrance examination has been released. Click here
- IGNOU has announced the allotted examination city for Ph.D. applicants. Students can check using the application number and password or Date of Birth. Click here for more information.
- IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam will now be held on February 24, 2022. Students are advised to visit the official website https://ignou.nta.ac.in/ to check the Notification
- IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022: Last Date to Apply for Re-registration is 30 September 2022.
To challenge the answer, students have to pay Rs.200/- as the processing fee for each answer. This fee will be paid online, and also it will be non-refundable. This process will continue till 9 July 2022 (11:50 pm). A panel of subject experts will verify the answers, and if it is correct, the answer key of the respondents will be updated.
To check the answer key, one should go through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- On the homepage, follow the link “IGNOU Ph.D. 2022 answer key.”
- Select the login type “DOB” or “Password” and enter it accordingly.
- Hit on the “ Login” button.
- Finally, check the answer key.
IGNOU Ph.D. application form submission’s last date was 14th January 2022 (Notification). Previously, the closing date to apply for IGNOU Ph.D. was 7th January. However, the last date for online fee payment is 15th January. (11:50 pm). A minimum master’s degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55 percent would be appropriate for Ignou’s Ph.D. Admission.
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022 Highlights
|Duration of the Course||Three year|
|Maximum Duration||Five years|
|Minimum Age||No limitation|
|Maximum Age||No limitation|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is inviting applications for IGNOU Ph.D. programs for the session on 25 August 2022. In the course of this session, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct entrance tests for applicants to the Ph.D. programmes that the university offers. The Students looking interested in applying for the courses on ignou.nta.nic.in.
IGNOU offers Doctoral programs covering twelve different areas. A doctoral in Philosophy is the highest degree to which one can learn to create something that is not replicated but unique.
Important Dates IGNOU Ph.D. Admission
|Registration Starts From||5 December 2021|
|Last date to Apply online for Ph.D. Programs||14 January 2022|
|Last date for payment of the Application Fee||15 January 2022 (11:50 PM)|
|Application Form Correction Window||16th Jan to 18th January (11:50 PM)|
|IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam Date||24 February 2022 (Official Notification)|
IGNOU Ph.D. Admission 2022
Candidates select the specialization subject or area according to their choice. Each discipline contains a minimum number of seats. So, do not wait for long to register at IGNOU. The candidates who want to get admission to the Ph.D. course must check the university’s official website from time to time. The entire university-related announcement is shared on the website. One can check the detailed information from the prospectus also. The course duration is of 3 years, and the cost of the fees is 16,800/-.
Students applying at IGNOU for Ph.D. programs require clearing the entrance test and completing their graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university to obtain 55% marks in their final year.
There is 5 % relaxation for the reserved category students as they have to obtain 50% marks in their final year.
Students who score 50% or above will be selected for the interview round. However, reserved students have to score at least 45%.
IGNOU Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
Students must fulfill the below-listed criterion to take admitted to the Ph.D. program at IGNOU:
- The candidate who wants to apply for this course must have a post-graduation degree with good marks from some recognized university.
- The candidate must clear the entrance exam. Admission is highly competitive, and the seats are limited. So, it is important to take the entrance exam seriously so that you can confirm your seat.
IGNOU PhD Admission 2022 fees structure:
Admission is conducted through the Entrance Exam. For the General Category, the application form fee is Rs. 1000 and for the reserved category, it is Rs. 800/-
The course fee of the Ph.D. program is different for various disciplines. It depends upon courses, research area, and more. One can get complete detail about the fee structure of the IGNOU Ph.D. program from the website. The fee is easily affordable for everyone.
IGNOU PhD Assignment 2022
The deadline announced for the submission of IGNOU assignment for the January 2022 session is 15 May 2022. Students who have aspiring for appearing in the IGNOU June TEE need to upload their assignments of all the concerned topics before the last date. They should also ensure that all the assignments are uploaded in the appropriate manner as stated by the institution.
IGNOU Ph.D. Application Form 2022
Students who want to study Ph.D. from IGNOU must have to apply through online mode. It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the IGNOU Ph.D. admissions. According to eligibility criteria, one must have a Master’s degree with 55% marks from the recognized university. The application form fee is Rs. 1000. However, for the reserved category, it is Rs. 800/-
The admission process starts with filling out the application form. The correct details and documents must be uploaded along with the application form fee.
IGNOU Ph.D. Application form process
The university offers admission to the Ph.D. program based on post-graduation percentage along with an entrance test and interview. The specialization areas for Ph.D. programs include Women Studies, Geology, French, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Mass Communication, Physics, Geography, Gender Development Studies, and Chemistry. To be very honest, the entrance exam for Ph.D. programs is really tough. So, students must prepare hard in order to qualify for the examination. The application process involves the following steps:
- Go to the university’s official website.
- In case, you are a registered candidate, click on the login button and enter all the information.
- Carefully select your course and remember the course Id.
- After this, click on the “Application” button to proceed further.
- Now, fill-up the form by entering all the correct information.
- After this, pay the first-year fee online.
- Upload all the required documents and click the “submit” tab.
IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance admission process is available on the official link – https://ignou.nta.ac.in/
- The IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam will now be held on February 24, 2022.
- The registration window has opened from 5th December 2021 till 14th January 2022.
- The fee for the general category is Rs.1000/- and students who belong to the reserved category like SC/ST/PwD/Third Gender will get a concession and they are required to pay 800/-.
- Admit cards will be uploaded, once the registration process is completed by the university.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes which is around 3 hours.
- The timing of the examinations will be 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- The syllabus and Questionnaire pattern will be notified soon by NTA for student assistance.
- The medium of language is Hindi/English and the test will be held in Online mode.
- The paper will be of 400 marks in total.
- Students should have completed their PG/Mphil to be eligible for the Ph.D. courses.
- General Category students must have obtained at least 55% marks in their PG/M.Phil whereas for the reserved category, students are required to score 50% marks or above in their PG/Mphil degree.
- After the examinations, a merit list will be prepared to shortlist the students who have qualified for the entrance exam. Afterward, the interview round will be conducted for the students.
IGNOU Ph.D. Study Material;
The university provides complete course content to the candidates on the university’s website. One can easily get access to study material by using the respective links for the same.
IGNOU Ph.D. Assignments;
The assignments play a huge role in understanding a particular subject. It is an effective way of implementing all the concepts that are studied in the program. The assignments involve continuous evaluation, carrying 30 percent weightage. The student must perform well in assignments to get a good grade in a course. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
Why Choose IGNOU For Ph.D. Admission?
Admit cards for the entrance examination of Ph.D. admission 2021 have been released on 20 February 2022. The test will take place on 24 February 2022. The University will also offer Research Associateship and Assistantship to students selected by IGNOU research supervisors on a competitive basis after conducting face-to-face shortlisting interviews and written tests with IGNOU faculty members and subject experts from IGNOU’s affiliated colleges. IGNOU vice-chancellor (VC) Prof R N Kulkarni said “The Ph.D. programs offer a unique and transformative academic experience that is essential for personal and professional growth of the students. IGNOU has successfully adopted distance learning through its innovative ODL pattern which caters to needs of learners in varied geographical locations.”
IGNOU offers a Ph.D. degree to students in twelve subjects. Some of the reasons for selecting IGNOU for Ph.D. Admission is as follows:
- The university is internationally recognized.
- IGNOU is India’s top distance learning university.
- Ph.D. is all about research and self—study. Students can easily manage all the tasks online.
- IGNOU shares all the course materials on the website.
Ph.D. in Dairy Science and Technology Syllabus:
|course code||Course Name||Credits|
|RDR-101||Advances in Dairy Chemistry||4|
|RDR-102||Advances in Dairy Microbiology||4|
|RDR-103||Advances in Dairy Technology||4|
Ques.) What is the eligibility criterion for getting admission to a Ph.D.? Program at IGNOU?
Ans: Students interested in the Ph.D. program from IGNOU must have a post-graduate degree in a relevant subject. Candidates with less than 55 percent marks in their previous degrees cannot apply for this course.
Ques.) What is the last date of the Ph.D.? Registration of Application form for session 2021.
Ans: 14 January 2022 is the last date to apply for the Ignou Ph.D. program for session 2021.
Ques.) When will be held the Entrance Exam for the IGNOU Ph.D. program?
Ans: IGNOU Ph.D. entrance Exam for session 2021 will be scheduled on 24th Feb 2022.
Ques.) What are the specialization areas for IGNOU Ph.D.? Program?
Ans: The specialization areas for Ph.D. Program include Geology, Women Studies, French, Mass Communication, Journalism Statistics, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, and Gender Development Studies.
Ques.) In how many cities of India, Ph.D. entrance test of IGNOU take place?
Ans: IGNOU entrance test for Ph.D. degree takes place in thirteen cities, including Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Lucknow, Mumbai, Trivandram, and Patna.