IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission: The registration for IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission for session 2023 is open now, and the last date to apply is 25 December 2022. IGNOU has released the Post BSc Nursing Application form for January 2023 session. Interested students will be able to submit the form for this course at @https://ignounursing.samarth.edu.in/.
IGNOU has released the admit card for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing. Normally, students are able to download their admit cards through the official university website, and they can print them out. It is mandatory for students to fill out their registered e-mail address and password before they can download the admit card. The result for ignou post basic bsc nursing entrance exam 2023 will be announced on the last week of January 2023.
- Admissions for the January 2023 session have begun, and students can apply for bachelors and masters programmes until January 31, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU has commenced the Re-registration for January 2023 session; Apply till 31 January 2023.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for December TEE 2022 until 15 December 2022.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Program to students. The purpose of this course is to prepare students to meet the growing needs in the medical industry. The course duration is 3 years, but it can be extended to 5 years. Students can apply online by visiting the university’s official website. Additionally, IGNOU will conduct the entrance exam on 8 January 2023.
In-Service Nurses who have passed 10+2 with GNM and have 2 years of work experience can opt for this course. Students are admitted to this particular course based on their marks in the OPENNET Entrance Exam. The annual program fee for this course will be Rs 23,000/-.
Application form Cost: INR 1000.
Minimum Duration: 3 Years
Maximum Duration: 5 Years
Course Fee: Rs 23,000 per annum
Course Structure: BSc Nursing course at IGNOU is a three-year degree program. This course has two major components: theory and practicals. It is divided into 22 classes; 11 theory and 11 practical. The admission will be made once a year for working nurses.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
|Minimum Duration||3 years|
|Maximum Duration||5 years|
|Course Fee||23,000 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Limit|
|IGNOU Official Website||http://ignou.ac.in/|
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission 2023
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing admission has commenced for January 2023, the deadline to apply is 25 December 2022. Candidates can submit their filled application form for Post Basic Nursing program admission at https://ignounursing.samarth.edu.in/. Admission to the 3-years degree program happens with an entrance exam performance.
Candidates have to appear and pass the OPENNET-XI exam to claim admission to the post-Basic BSc Nursing program. The online application form is the only way to submit an application form for a step closer to admission to the program.
The Programme commences in January of every year. The admission will be made once a year for in-service nurses. The admission is Merit-based and OPENNET XI Entrance Examination performance. To be considered for admission, students need to register for the OpenNet Entrance Exam online. The result of the IGNOU Post BSc Nursing entrance exam will release on 24 February 2023.
- Students who have completed 12th and a three-year diploma in General Nursing in Midwifery, and have two years of experience are eligible to apply.
- In-service nurses who have done 10th can also apply, but they must have a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM). The minimum experience should be five years.
Before applying for any course, one must be well-known for the fee structure. The annual course fee ranges from Rs 23,000 + University extra fees*. The Fees of this course are verified from the official website of IGNOU Click Here to check.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Application Form
IGNOU has released the Post BSc Nursing application form for the January 2023 session. All students who are interested in enrolling in the programs need to fill out the form on the official website. The fee payment will be made online at the specified portal. It is mandatory for students to first fulfill the eligibility criteria asked for in the programs by IGNOU University. The fee for the application form for Post BSc Nursing is INR 1000.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Admission Process
The application process involves some steps that need to be followed sequentially. Such steps have been mentioned below:
- Go to the official site of IGNOU.
- Click on the option “Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam”
- Register and fill in the basic details related to personal and academic qualifications.
- Next will be document sharing where scanned copies of the documents will be uploaded.
- Lastly, pay the application fee and take the printout of the filled-in form.
To complete the process smoothly, one should be pre-ready with the following:
- Applicant’s Scanned Signature
- Recent Passport photo
Note: Above mentioned documents must be scanned clearly within 100 KB.
IGNOU Post B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam
- IGNOU OPENNET will be conducted every year for BSc Nursing course admission.
- This Nursing Entrance Test will be conducted on 8 January 2023; the duration of the test is two and a half hours.
- The Exam comprises about 120 multiple-choice questions.
- Only students who fulfill the minimum criteria for the course can apply for IGNOU Post BSc Nursing Entrance Exam.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Merit List
IGNOU offers post basic BSc Nursing admission on the entrance examination, merit list then in the last interview. Each year IGNOU released a particular number of seats for the Post Basic BSc Nursing program. After the Entrance examination, IGNOU will announce the merit list on the basis of the entrance exam score those candidates who will score 50% will get a chance in the merit list.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Result
Indira Gandhi National Open University will release the Post basic BSc nursing entrance exam results on 24 February 2023. Students who will appear for the exam can check the result at @ignounursing.samarth.edu.in. Things require to check the IGNOU Post BSc Nursing Entrance Results are – enrollment number, mobile number & Date of Birth. Students must check the counseling schedule after the result get released.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Syllabus:
|1) Theory Courses||40 Credits|
|2) Practical Courses||68 Credits|
|Maternal Nursing||BNS- 103||2|
|Paediatric Nursing Mental Health Nursing||BNS-107 BNS-108||2|
|Community Health Nursing Nursing Administration Nursing Education and Research||BNS-109 BNS-110 BNS- 111||4|
Why Study Post Basic BSc Nursing at IGNOU?
The three-year Post Basic BSc Nursing program offered by IGNOU is ideal for professionals in the nursing field who want to advance in their well-respected field.
The distance learning Post Basic Nursing program offers practical training in hospitals and other relevant settings under the guidance of counselors and teachers to aid in the preparation that propels candidates toward excellence.
The program helps candidates in the following manners as well:
- Develop administration, teaching, and research skills.
- Encourage and motivate working professionals to maintain clinical competence to serve quality care.
- Promote personal as well as professional development to get better opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: On 8 January 2023, the OPENNET-XI is conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Ans: No there is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Ans: The State Nurse Registration Council process at R.N.R.M is compulsory and work experience will also help students for eligibility criteria.