IGNOU University: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) commenced admissions for the July 2023-24 cycle for distance and online learning programs with a deadline of 30 September 2023 (except certificate programs). Candidates may visit the IGNOU Admission to find out more information.
IGNOU is an open university that was earlier established with the goal of offering quality education in distance mode; however, the UGC-approved and NAAC-accredited university has in recent years begun proposing online courses as well. The Public University was founded in September 1985 in Delhi, the national capital of India, and since then, it has proven to be one of the best choices for distance education in the country.
- Admissions for the IGNOU July 2023 session is open now, and students can apply for all programmes (except certificate courses) until September 30, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU Re-registration process is ongoing for July session 2023, Apply till 30 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 200.
There are some beneficial factors that persuade individuals to look at this university for higher education in distance and even online domains;
- The university is a base for some quality, and skill-focused education, allowing diversity in courses that is rare to find in any distance or online learning institution.
- Here, students may not only discover undergraduate, and postgraduate courses but also doctoral-level programs, certificate, diploma, and PG diploma-level courses that enable them to dive into a sea of research on the particular subject.
- The best part is that for all courses, whether it is an MBA, MCA, or any other professional program, the fee is affordable.
- IGNOU offers candidates the opportunity to study without hard copies of materials by permitting them to stream, download, and print study materials of their choice.
IGNOU News and Announcements
- IGNOU has extended the last date of admission for all the UG, PG, and Diploma level programs, students can apply by the last date of 30 September 2023.
- IGNOU has closed the certificate admission for the July 2023 academic session, last date to apply was 31 August 2023.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has opened the portal of exam form submission for the IOP level program to appear for December TEE, Students can submit their exam forms till 5 October 2023. Source
- IGNOU has released the notification for exam form submission starting for the December Term-end examination for the ODL program, Students can fill out the exam form by the last date 30 September 2023 till 06:00 PM. Source
- IGNOU has extended the admission or re-registration date till 10 September 2023. Read more
- Inviting Nominations for UGC Approved 6-day Short Term Programme on Design, Development, and Delivery of MOOCs. Read more
- Admission Portal for Offering IGNOU Programmes to the Agniveers of the Indian Air Force Launched. Read more
- The IGNOU Programs under MoUs with the Armed Forces were opened for the admission of Agniveers of the Indian Air Force in a ceremony held today.
- IGNOU extended the last date of fresh admission and re-registration for the July 2023 academic session. Read more
- IGNOU has opened the portal for the Best Innovation Award – 2023 (Notification for Best Innovation Award 2023), (Guidelines for Best Innovation Award 2023), (Application Form)
- IGNOU is offering more than 200 SWAYAM courses for which enrollment is going on. These courses are completely FREE. Click Here to join IGNOU-SWAYAM Courses
- IGNOU released the tentative date sheet for the December Term-end examination 2023, as per the tentative schedule exam will start on 01 December 2023 and it will end on 05 January 2023. Read more
- Information Brochure and Admission Link for Skilled based Bachelors Degree Programme for Agniveers. Read more
- A placement drive for SBI LIFE INSURANCE on August 04, 2023 (Friday) in the Convention Centre, IGNOU. Read more
- IGNOU is preparing to start a four-year degree program in the January academic session. These courses will be started under NEP and will be available in all three streams. Read more
- BLK Max Super Speciality Hospital is debarred from the List of Empanelled Hospitals of IGNOU. Read more
- Result – PhD July 2022 List of selected candidates. Read more
- IGNOU launched Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Studies (PGDEVS) in July 2023 Admission cycle. Read more
- Indira Gandhi National Open University released a prospectus in Braille Script. The Speaker of Lok Sabha, Om Birla launched the IGNOU Prospectus for blind candidates. Read more
- Newly launched programme from July 2023 session: PGDPFHS (Post Graduate Diploma in Population and Family Health Studies).
- SOCE announces the launch of a New Programme “Diploma in Apparel Merchandising” for learners who aspire to become Fashion and Apparel Merchandising Professionals.
IGNOU University (New Delhi) Highlights
|Number of regional centres||67|
|Number of learner support centres||2,667|
|Number of courses offered||300+|
|Currently On Going Academic Session||July|
|Upcoming Academic Session||
January (Starts 25 December)
|IGNOU Courses Mode||
Online and ODL
|IGNOU Total Offered Courses
|63 PG Diploma|
|15 PG Certificate|
|Apply For IGNOU Admission ODL||https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/|
|Apply For IGNOU IOP Admission||https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in/|
|IGNOU is Situated at
||Maidan Garhi, Delhi 110068, India
IGNOU University Samarth Portal
The IGNOU Samarth portal of the university is basically an online platform that one needs to visit if he or she wishes to apply for any course at the distance education level at Indira Gandhi National Open University.
The IGNOU Samarth Portal is currently open, offering admission opportunities to loads of students at undergraduate, and postgraduate levels. Aspirants can apply for various distance education programs, including BA, BCom, BSc, BA in English, MCA, MSW, MA in Education, MSc in Information Security, and so on.
The last date until the IGNOU Samarth portal will remain open for aspiring individuals in the current session is 20 September 2023. Indira Gandhi National Open University Samarth portal typically opens for admission twice a year, in January and July. Now currently July academic session is ongoing to apply for admission students can follow the session-activated link for the IGNOU Samarth Portal is only here.
IGNOU IOP Portal
IGNOU IOP Portal is completely dedicated to online programs. It contains details of online courses such as the list of programs, eligibility, fee structure, admission process, and so much more.
To offer such information in one place for online programs at certificate, diploma, degree, and postgraduate degree levels, IGNOU has designed this portal. It is a perfect platform for someone who has enrolled in the online program but wants to collect only online program information through the university’s announcement.
If candidates are willing to study a course in an online mode, they can reach the IOP.Samarth portal. The admission process link for online programs can be found by clicking on Apply Now button available on the homepage.
IGNOU University Ranking
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of the top-ranked universities in distance education. Recently, the Ministry of Education (MOE) announced the results of NIRF-2023 where IGNOU has been ranked among the top 10 institutions under the category of Institutes of National Importance and Central Universities.
Indira Gandhi National Open University is ranked in the range of 151-300 in the overall NIRF-Innovation 2023 ranking, which is still a remarkable accomplishment for an open- and distance-learning institution.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) typically offers two types of programs online and distance. The following two sections contain the details of each.
IGNOU Distance Education Courses:
IGNOU ODL courses are available for students in certificate, diploma, and degree formats at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The open and distance learning modes of the university consist of a great range of courses that belong to the arts, commerce, management, science, social sciences, languages, fashion, tourism, information technology, and a number of other fields.
Some persuasive programs offered by the IGNOU in the open and distance learning modes are BSc in Sociology, BA in English, BLIS, BCA, BBA, BCom, MBA, MA in Economics, MA in History, MA in Anthropology, MCA, PG Diploma in Applied Statistics, PG Diploma in Analytical Chemistry, Diploma in Dairy Technology, Certificate in Power Distribution, and more.
Additionally, the university, through distance learning, also provides research-level (doctoral) PhD programs. Please visit the university’s official website to view a list of the doctoral programs offered by IGNOU ODL, Online Distance Learning.
IGNOU Online Learning Courses:
IGNOU Online Learning courses do not have as many options as distance learning programs, but that does not mean the digital learning environment does not provide some top-notch educational options.
Aspirants can enrol in a variety of diploma, certificate, and degree programs offered by IGNOU Online. IGNOU also offered Undergraduate, and postgraduate levels program in Online learning mode, including MA in Sanskrit, MA in Sustainability Science, PG Diploma in Digital Media, Certificate in French Language, PG Certificate in Food and Nutrition, BSWOL, BCAOL, BCOMOL, BLISOL, MCOMOL, Diploma in Creative Writing in English, etc.
IGNOU Fee Structure
IGNOU University Fee Structure for all courses at online and distance education modes is fully detailed in the upcoming two sections.
IGNOU Distance Education Fee Structure
The distance education mode of IGNOU follows the fee structure mentioned below for all undergraduate, and postgraduate programs.
- BA in History: Admitted students need to pay 14,100 Indian rupees for BA in History program at IGNOU.
- MA in English: MA in English, a two-year postgraduate program at IGNOU, has a fee value of INR 14,600.
- MSc in Information Technology: A two-year distance education program for an MSc in Information Technology can cost INR 43,200.
- Diploma in Horticulture: The one-year program for a Diploma in Horticulture needs INR 3,800.
- Diploma in Retailing: The Diploma in Retailing one-year program fee at IGNOU is 10,000 Indian rupees.
- PG Certificate in Patent Practice: The six-month course fee for the PG Certificate in Patent Practice is 9,600 Indian Rupees.
IGNOU Online Education Fee Structure
The fee structure for the online degree, diploma, and certificate programs at IGNOU can be learned below.
- MA in Sanskrit: The fee for the online MA in Sanskrit program is INR 7000 per year.
- BCA: The per semester fee for the online BCA degree program at IGNOU is 6,000 Indian rupees.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English: The complete fee for the Diploma in Creative Writing in English is 4,400 Indian rupees.
IGNOU Regional Centre:
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) operates in various provinces or parts of the country through a network of 56 regional centres. The university consists of 11 recognized regional centres and almost 200 learner support centres all across the nation.
The regional centre is a sub-office of IGNOU for practical activities such as admission and is responsible for obtaining any significant information related to the course. If you want to know more about the IGNOU regional centre, you may visit the official page dedicated to the regional centre by IGNOU.
IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-1
IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-1 is situated in Mohan Estate, New Delhi, and was established in 1989. This centre offers several courses for its applicants such as a BA in Psychology, BCom, BA in Science, MA, MBA, MCA, Diploma in Creative Writing in English, etc.
IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-2
Dr. K.D. Prasad is the Director of IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-2 which was established in 1998-99 and is situated at Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti, New Delhi. This centre provides several course options for students, such as a BA in English, BBA in Retailing, BSc in Nursing, MCom, MA in Psychology, MSc in Dietetics and Food Service Management, Advanced Diploma in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, etc.
IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-3
IGNOU Regional Centre Delhi-3 was established in 2008 and is situated in Ranganathan Bhawan, New Delhi. This Regional centre provides several UG, PG, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses for its applicants. Some of the popular courses include BA in Arts, BA in Computer Application, BA in Social Work, MA in History, MA in Economics, MA in Science, and MA in Rural Development.
IGNOU Noida Regional Centre
Dr Amit Chaturvedi is the director of IGNOU Noida Regional Centre was established in 2009 and is situated in the Institutional Area, Noida. It offers 33 regular programs, 25 special programs, and one recognized study centre.
Some of the famous courses include a BA in Fashion Communication, BCom with a Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration, MBA, MSc in Counseling and Family Therapy, etc.
IGNOU Kolkata Regional Centre
Dr. Shiva Kumar G. N is the Director of IGNOU Kolkata Regional Centre which was established in 1988. This center is located in Kolkata and offers several courses for its students such as BA in Social Work, MA in Political Science, MA in Business Administration (Banking & Finance), Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education, Certificate in Food Safety, etc.
IGNOU Guwahati Regional Centre
IGNOU Guwahati Regional Centre was established in 1996 and is located in Christian Basti Guwahati. This centre offers several undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, and diploma courses for its applicants. Some of the popular courses include a BA in Education, MA in Sociology, MLIS, Diploma in HIV and Family Education, Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education, Certificate in Information Technology, etc.
IGNOU Study Centre:
IGNOU has more than a thousand study centres all across the nation. The study centre at IGNOU is responsible for conducting classes and accepting assignments from students.
The university is well aware that students sitting in one part of the country cannot travel to another part of the nation to attend classes, so IGNOU has established these study centres making it possible for students to obtain a standard education.
IGNOU offers scholarship or fee waiver opportunities to selected classes of students, such as those from Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Caste (OBC), Minorities, and PWD.
To avail of the scholarship on the fee offered by the various state governments, students need to collect the scholarship forms and submit them with the requisite documents to the Directorate of Social Welfare. In order to know more about the IGNOU Scholarship, kindly visit the scholarship and fee reimbursement portal.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) does not pass or promote any student to the next level if they are short on assignments. The general value of assignments in the total offered score (100) by the university for the particular subject is 30 percents, which shows how significant it is for students studying in the IGNOU.
IGNOU Assignments are typically submitted twice, for TEE December and June sessions. It is authorized and allocated study centres that only accept IGNOU assignments either online or in-person.
IGNOU Study Material
IGNOU study material can be opted in the form of hard copies or can be downloaded as well. The E-study material of the Indira Gandhi National Open University for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral level programs is available free of charge on the Egyankosh portal. One can download the E-learning materials anytime from anywhere by using smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktop computers.
IGNOU Results typically update the term-end examination and any entrance test online. In order to view the status of the results, one can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to the official website of IGNOU
- In the left middle of the homepage, there is a Results option.
- Click on the Results Tab
- Select options, i.e., OPENMAT, Grade Card, Term-End, etc.
- Enter the enrollment number and other necessary information to view the results.
IGNOU Credit System
The credit system used by IGNOU effectively identifies the amount of time required for admitted students to complete a given course. The quantity of time/hours offered for a specific course is the fundamental illustration of the term “credit system.”
IGNOU Grade Card
The IGNOU Grade card is the sole location where the performance of students can be found. It contains term-end examinations and assignment marks for students. Students can also learn their grades, whether they have passed a semester/year of a program or not. The easiest way to get to the IGNOU Grade Card has been instructed below.
- Kindly open ignou.ac.in
- Then click on the Results section
- Select the Grade Card
- Pick the Program and enter the Enrollment Number as well as Programme Code.
- Tap on Search to view the Grade Card Result
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) gives students the option to use the course’s E-learning materials from any location. They can download and view the study materials for any course by adhering to the instructions given below.
- Visit the EGyankosh Portal
- Choose a program from the available options.
- Select the chapter or part of the subject you want to study.
- Download the selected chapter.
Notably, IGNOU also aids students by enabling them to study using audio and video lectures. Both can also be discovered on the IGNOU Egyankosh portal.