IGNOU Online MATS Admission: The Indira Gandhi National Open University, is one of the most honoured and world’s largest Universities. It offers courses in many streams for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral, and Post-Diploma distance learning.
Recently widened the mode of study by introducing the MATS Online Programme (Masters of Arts in Translation Studies). The MATS programme is for learners who wish to study from home. IGNOU Online MATS Admission has been started for the July 2023 session, and the last registration date is 30 June 2023.
- Admissions for the July 2023 session is open now, and students can apply for all programmes until June 30, 2023 at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/.
- IGNOU Re-registration process is ongoing for July session 2023, Apply till 15 June 2023.
- The IGNOU has extended the Assignment Submission deadline for June TEE 2023 until 15 May 2023.
IGNOU Online MATS is a translation study where students can opt for the online mode and can pursue this program with accessible facilities provided by IGNOU. The Re-registration process has been started for the MATS program for July 2023 session, and the last date of IGNOU Re-registration for 2nd-year admission is 15 June 2023.
Aspirants must have a UG degree in any discipline with appropriate knowledge of Hindi & English to apply for admission to this master’s degree program. IGNOU offers online MATS program at the fee range of INR 4,800 per year. The duration of this course is a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 4 years.
IGNOU Online MATS Admission: Programme Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU Online MATS Programme|
|Minimum Duration||2 Year|
|Maximum Duration||4 Years|
|Course Fee||4800 Per Year|
|Minimum Age||No Bar|
|IGNOU Official Website||https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/|
IGNOU Online MATS Admission: An Overview
The Online Learning sector in India has started to boom since the emergence of the Coronavirus. Due to the health advisory by the Government of India, institutions and University colleges were shut down for a while, and all education-related activity started to happen from home.
The impact that Covid-19 produced during the peak alerted the institutions. Therefore Universities like IGNOU made up a plan to offer some courses online with the intention to provide a degree to those candidates who desire to study on a regular. The MATS Online Programme is one of the Programmes that we are going to talk about.
The MATS Online Programme has a view to familiarize the learner with translation studies through the help of theory and practical translation. The Programme talks about various aspects: Preservation, Creation, Possession, and Dissemination as a fundamental acts of cultural and knowledge exchange. The Programme is made up of 12 courses with a practical component and contains 32 credits.
First year: MTT-010, MTT-011, MTT-012, MTT-013, MTT-014, MTT-015, MTT-016, MTT-017
Second year: MTT-018, MTT-019, MTT-020, MTT-021, MTT-022 ( Practical Assignment)
The learners of this Programme will not be required to go to the study or regional centres. All course-related objects will be provided online. The EGYANKOSH web portal is for learners to download study materials at any time they prefer. The learner will have the link for online classes, Assignments, and lecture videos by their respective colleges.
IGNOU Online MATS Application Form
The MATS Online Programme is available in both January and July sessions. Now, the July session of 2023 admission started and the last date for registration is 30 June 2023. Admission for this online program is available for the 2023 academic sessions. Students who want to enroll in this program need first to check the eligibility criteria and the university’s rules and regulations. The admission for MATS Online is prescribed further.
IGNOU MATS Online Programme Admission Process: How to Apply?
The candidates who seek admission to MATS Online Programme are required to follow the instructions below:
- The Admission for 2023 is available on the university portal- https://ignouiop.samarth.edu.in/.
- This university portal has all important form-filling guidelines for the students.
- After reading the all-important guidelines, students can proceed with the Registrations.
- The registration process will generate an ID- Password for the students.
- By creating a new ID and Password, students can start with the admission procedure.
- There are important filling details that are mandatory to fill in.
- The personal information, academic scores, age, contact, and mail details.
- The details filled in should be checked appropriately so that there is no error.
- After inserting all details, students need to complete the uploading part.
- The documents, mark sheets, and certificates should be appropriately scanned and uploaded.
- After uploading the documents, the payment part is more important.
- The payment mode for admissions is Net Banking/UPI/card payment.
- Save all the necessary details for future reference.
Eligibility & Medium: MATS Online Programme of IGNOU
- The candidate has to be a graduate in any discipline with adequate knowledge of English and Hindi.
- Age no bar
- The Programme will be obtainable in Hindi.
- Minimum period: 02 Years
- Maximum period: 04 Years
IGNOU Online MATS Programme Fee Structure
- For Indian nationals, INR 4,800/- Per Year (exclusive of examination fee)
- Fee for Foreign nationals divided into two parts
- For SAARC students, INR 8,000/- Per Year (exclusive of the examination fee)
- FOR NON-SAARC students USD ($) 300.00/- for Per Year(exclusive of examination fee)
IGNOU Online MATS Programme Syllabus
|First-Year Courses : (32 Credits )|
|Course Code||Course title||Credits|
|MTT 10||Anuvad Sidhhant||4|
|MTT 11||Anuvad : Itihas aur Parampara||4|
|MTT 12||Anuvad aur Bhashavigyan||4|
|MTT 13||Anuvad ke Kshetra||4|
|MTT 14||Anuvad Evam Bhartiya Bhashayen||4|
|MTT 15||Anuvad aur Sahitya||4|
|MTT 16||Anuvad aur Jansanchar||4|
|MTT 17||Koshvigyan, Paribhashik Shabdavali aur Anuvad||4|
|Second-Year Courses : (32 Credits )|
|Course Code||Course title||Credits|
|MTT 18||Anuvad Evam Antarsanskritik Adhyayan||4|
|MTT 19||Anuvad ki Rajniti||4|
|MTT 20||Anuvad Prakriya||4|
|MTT 21||Anuvad Prashikshan||4|
|MTT 22||Pariyojana (Pariyojana Karya aur Maukhiki)||16|
Benefits Of IGNOU MATS Online Programme
The learners who pursue the MATS Online Degree from IGNOU are eligible for a chance to make a career in academics and translators.
For additional information related to the Programme, candidates may contact the following concerned person
Dr. R.P. Pandey
Email ID: Rajendrapandey@ignou.ac.in
Dr. Jagdish Sharma
Email id: Jagdishsharma@ignou.ac.in
The MATS Online Programme provides the opportunity for learners to explore professional opportunities in academics and translation by sharpening their translation skills.
Centre for Online Education (COE)
Block-17, Room. No. 04,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Contact No: 011-2957-2322