IGNOU Admission 2022 January Session: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts admissions to various courses in two cycles in January and July. Currently, IGNOU has initiated the Re-registration process for IGNOU Admission 2022 for the January session. The release date was on 2nd November 2021, and the last date is extended to 30th November 2021.
Admission to the various program by the university are followed through merit where candidates need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria and submit the application form before the given deadline. however, there are some other courses as well which can’t be granted without an entrance examination, such courses are B.ED, MBA, and PH.D.
Students must keep checking the official website to have all the latest updates regarding the admission, registration, application form, eligibility, courses, and fee structure. For the ease of students, all the necessary details have been covered in the upcoming sections.
IGNOU Admission 2022-23 January Session Highlights
|University Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Type of University||Central University|
|UG Courses||B.A, B.B.A, B.Lib, B.com, etc|
|PG Courses||MA, MBA, M.Phil, Mlis, etc|
|University Fee Structure||IGNOU Fee Structure|
Students who want to seek admission for the next semester must submit the duly filled re-registration form before the deadline. Students who did not appear for the term-end examination or failed to submit the assignment can also fill out the re-registration form 2022.
Now, most of the students must be wondering about the re-registration process. So, the students can apply for re-registration by visiting the official website of the university.
IGNOU Admission 2022 January Session:
To take admission to various UG and PG courses offered by IGNOU, it is crucial to fulfilling the eligibility criteria first. Candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria are not allowed to fill the application form, IGNOU January session 2022 Admission last date is tentatively 31 March 2022. Therefore, the students must have in-depth information about the courses and their eligibility criteria in hand. The eligibility criteria for the various program has been stated below:
Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG Courses
- Certificate Programme: Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Diploma Programme: Students who have passed intermediate with 50% aggregate are eligible to apply. Graduates who are willing to join diploma programs can also apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme: For BA, B.Com and B.Sc, one must have passed 10+2 with the relevant subjects from a recognized board.
- Master’s Degree Programme: For MA, M.Com, and M.Sc, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or higher from a standard university.
- B.LIS course: Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Students who have either a diploma or two years of working experience in the library field, along with an undergraduate degree, are eligible to apply for B.LIS.
- Ph.D. program: Students must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in Masters or M.Phil degree. Also, IGNOU takes entrance examinations for admission to Ph.D. programs.
- MBA program: Aspirants must have passed Bachelors with 50% marks. For the reserved category, it is 45%. In addition, the OPENMAT entrance examination will be part of MBA admission. The selection will be based on the entrance test performance.
- B.Ed course: Students who have done Bachelor’s from any discipline are eligible to apply for B.Ed. Along with a bachelor’s degree, aspirants must have to sit for the entrance examination to get shortlisted for B.Ed admission.
IGNOU Re-Registration 2022 January Session
IGNOU Re-registration 2022 has been started for the January session. Students can obtain information regarding the re-registration for the particular program by visiting the university portal.
This section covers the important points to be considered while filling the IGNOU Re-registration form for the session in January 2022. Students who want to know about re-registration must read this section thoroughly.
Before filling the re-registration form, all the necessary details and the documents must be kept in place to carry out the process smoothly. The registration form filling process includes four steps as discussed below:
- Re-registration at IGNOU portal
- Filling of the application Form
- Fee Payment
The detailing of the above-mentioned steps has been covered in the sub-sections given below:
- Re-registration at IGNOU portal
- Go to the official website of the university.
- Now, go to the register online option at the top menu bar and hit the “re-registration” option.
- After reading the registration guidelines, click on the “Proceed for re-registration” tab.
- Here, you will be redirected to the login window.
- Fill in your username, password, and clear captcha.
- Finally, click on the “Login” tab.
- Filling of Application Form
- Hit the “Continue” button.
- Select the subjects for the opted program (General/ Optional course) from the given list of the subjects.
- Now, click on the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Confirm the details after checking all the details.
- Now, put the tick mark on the “Self-declaration” check box and proceed further by hitting the “Next” button.
- Fee Payment
- Press the “Accept and Proceed Payment” option to make the payment.
- Click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Select the mode of payment – Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ ATM Card. (Note: PNB is only acceptable for this purpose).
- Fill in your bank details and pay the fees.
4. Confirmation of Payment
- Here, click the “Next” button.
- Now, the “Form Preview” option will appear.
- Take the printout of the registration form and fee receipt for future reference.
- After submission of the form successfully, a confirmation mail or message will be received on the candidate’s registered number and Email Id.
- Candidates, who haven’t received the confirmation message, need to contact the university authority through telephonic call, personal mail, etc.
After completing all the above steps, the next question arises related to the Re-registration Form Submission Status. In this stage, students want to ensure that whether the form has been successfully submitted or not. Therefore, the university has a particular provision to check the status of the re-registration form for 2022. Students who want to know about the IGNOU Re-registration Status 2022 process need to go through the next section.
IGNOU Re-registration Status 2022
Generally, students can ensure their re-registration form submission after getting the confirmation mail or message from the university. Additionally, there is another way of ensuring the re-registration form submission by visiting the re-registration status on the official website. Students can check their registration status after 30 days of registration. To know how to check the IGNOU Re-registration Status 2022, move ahead to the next section.
How to check IGNOU Re-registration Status Process:
- Go to the university’s official website.
- Open the re-registration login page.
- Enter your username and password correctly.
- Hit the “Login” button.
- Here, the re-registration details will appear on your screen.
- Select the “course details” option.
- Check your registration status on your screen.
IGNOU Application Form 2022-23
The admission process starts with the online application form filling process. Before filling the form, one must have all the necessary documents that need to be uploaded in the application form. Students who wish to fill the application form must follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Register yourself by creating a username and password. Now, re-login by using the username and password generated at the time of registration.
- Next, click on the online application form link.
- Fill in all your personal and academic details.
- Upload all your scanned copies of the documents such as mark sheet, certificate, recent photograph, etc.
- Make the payment via net banking, credit card, and debit card.
- Take the printout of the form for future reference.
- Username and password must be remembered for frequent logins.
The required documents have been mentioned below:
- Scanned copy of 10th mark sheet
- Scanned copy of 12th mark sheet
- Scanned passport size photo
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree
- Scanned signature
- Scanned copy of Id proof
- Scanned copy of Address proof
- Caste certificate, if any
IGNOU Admission for Online Courses
IGNOU offers various online programs to the students who wish to join the programs in an online mode. Currently, there are eighteen online programs active for the session July 2021 and many more programs will be added in the future. The mode of admission to various online programs will be online only. Students who are interested in online programs must keep on checking the official website because a lot of online-based programs could be introduced by the IGNOU and that all will be mentioned on the portal. Therefore, it is crucial to keep track of the latest activities done by the university.
IGNOU Online Courses
IGNOU offers various UG, PG, diploma, and certificate level programs through an online platform. Intending to provide high-quality education to the masses of learners, the university proposes undergraduate programs (3), postgraduate programs (3), diploma courses (3), and certificate programs (9) for virtual learning. Mainly, online courses cover different disciplines such as commerce, arts, sustainability, library science, Gandhi peace, tourism, tribal, language, and many more.
IGNOU Online Course Application Form
The application form for the online program is filled and submitted in an online mode. Offline mode is not active for online programs. Moreover, most candidates prefer the online method over offline as it is an easy and less time-consuming method. To fill the application form, the candidates can follow the steps given in the next section.
IGNOU Online Course Admission Process
The online application method is very simple. Before filling the form, one must keep the required documents (such as mark sheet, caste certificates, etc.) in one place. It will save time and reduce the chances of errors. Students who want to fill the application form needs to go through the following steps given below:
- Go to the official website of the university.
- Visit the link provided for online program admission
- Fill the registration form by entering a username, password, phone number, and clear captcha.
- Now, click on the “Register” button.
- Next, log in yourself by using your username and password.
- Fill in the personal and academic details asked in the application form.
- Upload all the necessary scanned documents.
- Now, proceed to the fee payment by choosing the mode of payment.
- At last, click on the “Submit” button.
- Take the printout of the application form and fee receipts for future reference.
IGNOU Entrance Exam 2022
Generally, admission to various UG and PG programs occurs on the merit list. However, for some of the courses, entrance examinations are conducted.
- For MBA/PGDM programs, IGNOU OPENMAT entrance examinations are conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This test takes place twice a year, in January and July.
- For B.Ed, IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination needs to be cleared by the students who want to study B.Ed from IGNOU.
- For Ph.D. programs, one must have to sit for the entrance examination to be shortlisted for Ph.D. admission.
Q1. Who is eligible for IGNOU re-registration 2022?
Students who enrolled in UG and PG courses are eligible for re-registration. They have to re-register for the next year to avoid the gap in their 2 or 3 years program. However, students who have not submitted the assignment or did not appear for TEE can also fill the re-registration form for January session 2022.
Q2. What is the last date of IGNOU re-registration for session January 2022?
The last date for IGNOU Re-registration in January 2022 is till 30th November 2021.
Q3. From where I can check the re-registration status?
Students can check the re-registration status on the official website of IGNOU University.
Q4. What will I do if the confirmation message is not received after IGNOU re-registration?
In case students did not receive any confirmation message from IGNOU, they need to contact University officials.
Q5. What to do if I missed the re-registration last date?
There is no option left for the students to re-register for the current session. Such students have to wait for the re-registration for the next session.
Q6. What kind of documents are required for IGNOU re-registration?
The basic requirement for IGNOU re-registration is the scanned copies of documents such as 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, Bachelor’s Degree, ID proof, Address Proof, Caste certificate, Passport size photos, signature are the basic requirements of the IGNOU re-registration process.
Contact Details: Indira Gandhi National Open University
Address: IGNOU Residential Campus main Road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068.
Student Enquiry Numbers: Std Code- 011 29572513, 29572514
For Study Materials: Std Code- 011 29572008, 29572012, 29572013
Issuance of Degree Certificate: Std Code- 011 29572224, 29535438
Examination Form, Hall Ticket & Entrance Test: Std Code- 011 29572209, 29572202, 29532088